How is Rick Perry Governing working out for Texas?

Governor Rick Perry has renewed the disaster proclamation that was originally issued in December 2010 because of the extreme fire danger. This renewal extends the disaster to include the effects of prolonged drought and extreme high temperatures.
Disaster Proclamation Renewed August 3, 2011 - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Water rights holders Letter
Letters to Water Rights Holders - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Monday, August 8, 2011 - San Saba watershed affected
Contact Andrea Morrow
Phone 512-239-5011
Pager 512-896-3727

Drought conditions continue to be widespread across the state. As a result, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is informing water-rights holders in the San Saba watershed of the Colorado River that water rights will be administered on a priority basis.

Today the executive director of the TCEQ notified certain junior water-right holders in the San Saba watershed with a priority date of 1900 or later that their right to divert water is immediately suspended. Suspended water rights include those with a priority date of 1900 or later, term, and temporary water-right permits in the San Saba watershed in Menard and Schleicher counties.
TCEQ restricts junior water rights - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

I would say the state is reacting just fine to this drought.

Do you need more links to what the State of Texas is doing?

My concern is this Perry dud praying to his invisible rain god in the sky while cattle are dying and people are living off 1% of their normal water use. How Perry beat a drum or an old wash pan?

Governor Rick Perry has renewed the disaster proclamation that was originally issued in December 2010 because of the extreme fire danger. This renewal extends the disaster to include the effects of prolonged drought and extreme high temperatures.
Disaster Proclamation Renewed August 3, 2011 - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Letters to Water Rights Holders - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

Contact Andrea Morrow
Phone 512-239-5011
Pager 512-896-3727

Drought conditions continue to be widespread across the state. As a result, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is informing water-rights holders in the San Saba watershed of the Colorado River that water rights will be administered on a priority basis.

Today the executive director of the TCEQ notified certain junior water-right holders in the San Saba watershed with a priority date of 1900 or later that their right to divert water is immediately suspended. Suspended water rights include those with a priority date of 1900 or later, term, and temporary water-right permits in the San Saba watershed in Menard and Schleicher counties.
TCEQ restricts junior water rights - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.texas.gov

My concern is this Perry dud praying to his invisible rain god in the sky while cattle are dying and people are living off 1% of their normal water use. How Perry beat a drum or an old wash pan?

and how do you feel about Obama's National Day of Prayer?

Contact Andrea Morrow
Phone 512-239-5011
Pager 512-896-3727

Well-said, SFC Ollie. :)

Contact Andrea Morrow
Phone 512-239-5011
Pager 512-896-3727

little pussy ran away on that one...BIG fucking surprise, huh.

It appears as though the good governor has done everything within his power, and everything he can legally do. And some people still need a reason to talk trash. Why you ask? Because it is possible that this person could kick their play king out of Washington.

Holy shit Perry caused a drought.

I knew it.

lol

God you are a fucking idiot.

How can holding a prayer for Rain possibly hurt? Are you suggesting the Drought is his fault because his Prayers didn't work?

ROFLMAO I mean he must scare the shit out of you people the way you reach to attack the man.

Gawwwd you are such imbecile. How can praying cause rain? You got a rain god asshat?

Yeah, I just see the idiot as CIC as the missiles come flying in. Perry will be down on his knees sucking his rain god off to stop the missiles in the air. You are such a fool.
Hey idiot, go stick your head back up obamaturds butt, we could care less what you shit out your mouth.

Contact Andrea Morrow
Phone 512-239-5011
Pager 512-896-3727

Disgusting isn't it? Pretending their is a god because you can't be man and accept personal responsibility for your own actions.

Disgusting isn't it? Pretending their is a god because you can't be man and accept personal responsibility for your own actions.

Well, at least you're an equal opportunity asshat.

Holy shit Perry caused a drought.

I knew it.

lol

God you are a fucking idiot.

How can holding a prayer for Rain possibly hurt? Are you suggesting the Drought is his fault because his Prayers didn't work?

ROFLMAO I mean he must scare the shit out of you people the way you reach to attack the man.

Gawwwd you are such imbecile. How can praying cause rain? You got a rain god asshat?

Yeah, I just see the idiot as CIC as the missiles come flying in. Perry will be down on his knees sucking his rain god off to stop the missiles in the air. You are such a fool.
Hey idiot, go stick your head back up obamaturds butt, we could care less what you shit out your mouth.

Stop licking mah balls, I'm not the Perry you are infatuated with.

So you believe the Drought is Perry's fault? Or you just hate him because he believes in god? I can't figure it out.

So super hero, tell us what could the Governor do that he has not already done?

I love how you fucking liberals talk about freedom of Religion when all you really want is the right to fucking hate anyone that has religion and OMG dares not hide out of sight when they practice it like you would prefer.

So you believe the Drought is Perry's fault? Or you just hate him because he believes in god? I can't figure it out.
Where did I say it was Perrys fault? According to Perry, it is his rain gods fault. I can see the WH all ready. Perry will be swinging chickens in the entryway.
So super hero, tell us what could the Governor do that he has not already done?
He might have already built a 100 desaltnation plants on the gulf coast and flooded Texas with fresh water. He cut off the colorado and funnel that to the parched ground. Obviously praying to his rain god didn't work.
I love how you fucking liberals talk about freedom of Religion when all you really want is the right to fucking hate anyone that has religion and OMG dares not hide out of sight when they practice it like you would prefer.
I am glad you love it, and gays don't hide out of sight when they get it on either, like you would prefer.:lol::lol:

I was unaware that the government controlled the weather.
I don't see where the article says the government controls the weather, only where Perry claims his rain God controls the weather. Charles_Main goes so far as to say prayers to some rain man might help.
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads I've read today. And I've read several by Flaylo, Rdean, and TM.

You are one the dumbest poster I read today, and thought I would share that news with you.

That's kind of a weak comeback, but hey you can think what you want.

If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

Looks like he is doing exactly what 'the good ole boys' want him to.

I was unaware that the government controlled the weather.

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads I've read today. And I've read several by Flaylo, Rdean, and TM.

He has the answer. All they gotta do is pray.

I wonder if it were a Jew or Muslim you would still be as bigoted?

I don't particularly care for Perry, but someone has to fill that imminent presidential victory over Obama in 2012 and to get to see your response if it is Perry would be well worth it. :lol:

If this is the kinda guy the right wants for president, we are in for some real hard times. LOL!

August 25, 2011

Burned trees, charred wildlife, destroyed homes — Texas has endured more than 16,000 wildfires since January, which have consumed over 3 million acres of land. With little rain, the state has become a tinderbox. Bloomberg reports that drought in Texas has resulted in $5.2 billion of agricultural losses ... and still counting. The state climatologist pegged the drought as the “worst single-year dry spell in 116 years,” according to the San Antonio Express-News. The town of Robert Lee in West Texas has seen its water supply dwindle to 1 percent and West Kemp is out of water.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, the new darling of the GOP presidential field, leapt to action. His response to catastrophe?

I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on those days for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

All the praying didn’t pay off. The federal government has been forced to declare 213 counties in Texas natural disaster areas, and the drought has already resulted in fish kills and will likely cause an ecosystem-wide ripple of destruction for years to come, affecting everything from plants to top predators, and insects to migrating birds. Ranchers are selling off their herds, residents are using water for the bare minimums of drinking, cooking and cleaning. Towns are trying to drill emergency wells or run pipes to tap neighboring towns that have more water left. Other communities are making plans to truck in bottled water or drink treated wastewater.

Why Rick Perry Would Put the World on a Fast Track to Total Meltdown | Environment | AlterNet

What should he have done to end the drought?

August 25, 2011

What should he have done to end the drought?

Perry is powerless to the drought just like he is powerless in any other aspect. Just another shiny face put up by the powers that be.

Forum List

Back