How god promoted murder in the bible

Bones

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2010
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself bplaying the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire. (Leviticus 21:9)

Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

Sounds like a nice guy and his message is quite clear. Either believe in me or I'll fuck you up.

:cuckoo:

Wow! It's been.... gosh.... days since we had this old "discussion".

I wish we could attract newbies of some substance and quality, rather than the repetitious whiners.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I wish we could attract newbies of some substance and quality, rather than the repetitious whiners.
I wish this forum would have veterans who could actually distinguish whining from repetition.

bones, eh? well tell you what i would love to discuss this topic there are so many more examples of this......but i got to get to work.....be back later to continue this...

god orders the destruction of entire cultures in the bible....

Yes. To be more accurate about it, the Torah is constantly being used to attack Christianity.

Shows an utterly pitiful lack of understanding of the New Covenant that Christ made with his followers.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself bplaying the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire. (Leviticus 21:9)

Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

Sounds like a nice guy and his message is quite clear. Either believe in me or I'll fuck you up.

The Lord is the creator, we are what He created, if he says something is wrong then it is. The truth is evil to them that do not love the truth, such as yourself. I get the feeling that no matter how much someone tries to show you truth, you will not listen. Unless the Lord changes your heart you will not believe.

The Lord is a Jealous God ;)

Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Deu 6:15 (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Jos 24:19 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

Nah 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

I will be gone for another 3 days so don't think I am ingnoring anyone if I get responces to this post.

Yes. To be more accurate about it, the Torah is constantly being used to attack Christianity.

Shows an utterly pitiful lack of understanding of the New Covenant that Christ made with his followers.

I didn't mention either Covenant.... just newbies starting the same shit day in and day out.

I think it fairly apparent that the GOD described in the Old Testament and the GOD described in the New Testament are significantly different GODS.

One is described as a jealous god of vengence and the other described as a loving forgiving GOD.

I think it fairly apparent that the GOD described in the Old Testament and the GOD described in the New Testament are significantly different GODS.

One is described as a jealous god of vengence and the other described as a loving forgiving GOD.

Either way..

Which part of the bible ever stopped a war...or Christians from participating.

So are you an atheist or anti-Christian?
Do you know the difference?
Do you bash Judaism and Buddhism, as well?

Go smoke another joint and eat some Doritos.
The grown ups are talking.

bones, eh? well tell you what i would love to discuss this topic there are so many more examples of this......but i got to get to work.....be back later to continue this...

Seems to me that the man in the sky is one who likes to have others do his dirty work. Really if sky man was so powerful, why can't he just snap his fingers and take out everyone he doesn't like?

Sky man is really a little pussy that has convinced generations of sheep to fear him.

Then again God was responsible for the greatest genocide in human history, destroying millions of people

I figure God must hae been having a bad day when he got pissed off and destroyed the entire world with a flood

Kind of like when he killed all those innocent babies

You can't live by what the Bible says verbatim or you will end up no different than the Taliban in Afghanistan, they follow the Quran word for word and look at their situation.

Yep God ordered the Isralites to kill all those who did not flee before them including women and children.
The battle of Jericho was sanitized a bit for sunday school classes.

I figure God must hae been having a bad day when he got pissed off and destroyed the entire world with a flood

Kind of like when he killed all those innocent babies
But that never happened because the bible is just a story right? :lol:

I dont know about you,but my god is a nice guy who wouldn't do such things. He is the kind of guy who you would want to sit down and have a beer with

Forum List

Back