How god promoted murder in the bible

I figure God must hae been having a bad day when he got pissed off and destroyed the entire world with a flood

Kind of like when he killed all those innocent babies
But that never happened because the bible is just a story right? :lol:

I dont know about you,but my god is a nice guy who wouldn't do such things. He is the kind of guy who you would want to sit down and have a beer with

True Christians have a nice humanitarian god aka Jesus.
The main difference between Jews and Christians.
Fear of being zotted is not necessary to keep true Christians in line.

I dont know about you,but my god is a nice guy who wouldn't do such things. He is the kind of guy who you would want to sit down and have a beer with

really? that's kind of funny given that jews have no concept of hell.

you don't think hell as a concept is intended to keep christians in line?

Ohh I think that is exactly what Revelations was for.

In the old testament I think hell was a garbage dump or something?

I expect the church included revelations in the new testament precisesly to keep their minions in line.

Sorry I neglected revelations, but then I have pretty much always ignored that book that emperor constantine had put in there.
Much of christians current day concept of hell came not from the bible but from Dante's Inferno.

And if you're stupid enough to take everything in the Bible literally, God is a rock

True, many take only the parts that fit their rationalizations literally and ignore most of the rest.

Like Leviticus and gays, but ignore most of the rest of Leviticus.

real Christinas strive to understand the overall concept and live accordingly.
focusing primarially on the new terstament since they are Christians and not Jews.

Last edited:
And in another thousand years someone may dig up Palins book...

Stone is just like paper it does not care what you write on it.

You might to have cracked open the website I provided and read a little bit before adding your pithy response.

The Second Treatise is like nothing you've ever read in the Bible and closely related to the The Apocryphon of John -- The Nag Hammadi Library

Sounds like a nice guy and his message is quite clear. Either believe in me or I'll fuck you up.

:cuckoo:

Really. The eternal damnation in hell was not enough for you to understand that your statement is correct that you had to nitpick some killing in the bible. Yes, ALL religion is based on that same faucet - believe in me or pay the ultimate consequence. This is nothing new and rather pointless to drone on about.

You might to have cracked open the website I provided and read a little bit before adding your pithy response.

The Second Treatise is like nothing you've ever read in the Bible and closely related to the The Apocryphon of John -- The Nag Hammadi Library

I did open and scan it.
We also have ancient writings about the great flood that predates the Biblical account of it.

Writing something down on stone, paper or the net does not make it true.

I did open and scan it.
We also have ancient writings about the great flood that predates the Biblical account of it.

Every major civilization in the last 6,000 years has a legend of the Flood, so we can say that actually happened.

In the works I posted Jesus speaks of his Father as a type of light, a self aware light that had no beginning, no place, lives no where yet is everything and contains everything in it.

He laughs at the God of the Jews (and Christians) as a Lesser God and not his Father.

I did open and scan it.

Every major civilization in the last 6,000 years has a legend of the Flood, so we can say that actually happened.

In the works I posted Jesus speaks of his Father as a type of light, a self aware light that had no beginning, no place, lives no where yet is everything and contains everything in it.

He laughs at the God of the Jews (and Christians) as a Lesser God and not his Father.

Every civilization? The Inca? Azteks? Chinese?

Yes we can conclude there was a flood event in the me and probably had to do with the black sea and the failing of a land bridge closing it off. But world wide?
There is no evidence proving a worldwide flood.

Ohh I think that is exactly what Revelations was for.

In the old testament I think hell was a garbage dump or something?

I expect the church included revelations in the new testament precisesly to keep their minions in line.

Sorry I neglected revelations, but then I have pretty much always ignored that book that emperor constantine had put in there.
Much of christians current day concept of hell came not from the bible but from Dante's Inferno.

yes re revelations.

no. there was no hell in the old testament. there is actually not a clear view of what the afterlife is in judaism. it has been said there is a concept of sheol, which was pergatory. that was just considered being out of G-d's light.

I did open and scan it.

Ahhhh... But the great flood likely IS true, at least in a far smaller scale than the story of Noah. Look into it as it is quite interesting. Sorry to go off topic though..

Edit - beat me to the puch. Didn's see your last post ;)

Last edited:
I figure God must hae been having a bad day when he got pissed off and destroyed the entire world with a flood

Kind of like when he killed all those innocent babies

"My God's not short on cash, Mister" -- Bono

I did open and scan it.

Every civilization? The Inca? Azteks? Chinese?

Yes we can conclude there was a flood event in the me and probably had to do with the black sea and the failing of a land bridge closing it off. But world wide?
There is no evidence proving a worldwide flood.

The Incas, the Chinese and the Aztecs.

tikal001.gif

CHINESE AND ASIAN LEGENDS

In the land of China, there are many legends about a great flood. One of those comes from a group of people known as the Nosu. According to their legend, God sent a personal messenger to Earth to warn three sons that a flood was coming. Only the youngest son, Dum, heeded the messenger. He constructed a wooden boat to prepare for the coming flood. When the waters arrived, Dum entered his boat, and was saved. After the waters began to recede, the boat landed on the mountains of Tibet, where Dum had three sons who repopulated the Earth. Interestingly, even the Chinese character for “boat” possibly reveals the story of Noah and the other seven people on the ark. The three elements used to symbolize a boat are:

Chinese Symbols

The Iban people of Sarawak tell of a hero named Trow, who floated around in an ark with his wife and numerous domestic animals (Schoch, p. 252). Natives from India tell a story about a man named Manu who built an ark after being warned of a flood. Later, the waters receded, and he landed on a mountain (Schoch, p. 250).

Apologetics Press - Legends of the Flood

Codex Borturini depiction of a migration from Aztlan

In the Codex Borturini there is an account of a migration of the Aztecs from the island of Aztlán to the Valley of Mexico (Gemelli Careri, 1699). Other Aztec traditions give accounts of a Great Flood (Bierhorst, 1992) which destroyed the Sun called Nahui-atl ("4-Water") in which all mankind was destroyed and drowned: "The sky came nearer the water. In a single day all was lost, and the day Nahui-xochitl, '4 flower,' destroyed all our flesh." (Codex Chimalpopoca, translated by Brasseur de Bourbourg, 1857-1859)

The Aztec Legend of Aztlan

aztlan.jpg

I think it fairly apparent that the GOD described in the Old Testament and the GOD described in the New Testament are significantly different GODS.

One is described as a jealous god of vengence and the other described as a loving forgiving GOD.

Either way..

Which part of the bible ever stopped a war...or Christians from participating.

Yes, those terrible Christians: fought for equality for blacks, fought to free Europe from tyrants (twice), and are still fighting and protecting those that are less fortunate than us.

What did the Communists fight for?
What do the muslims fight for?
Hint: TO CONTROL OTHERS AND THIER RESOURCES.

bones, eh? well tell you what i would love to discuss this topic there are so many more examples of this......but i got to get to work.....be back later to continue this...

god orders the destruction of entire cultures in the bible....

Seems to me that the man in the sky is one who likes to have others do his dirty work. Really if sky man was so powerful, why can't he just snap his fingers and take out everyone he doesn't like?

Sky man is really a little pussy that has convinced generations of sheep to fear him.

He did mess up the earth once. He did take out at least two cities. He will not destroy the earth. He made a promise and set a bow in the sky to remind Him!
His is the "winning" side. Why wouldn't you want to be on the winning side? Even if it caused great pain before the game was over and you needed to use all your discipline, plus, why wouldn't you join the side that had meaning?

Forum List

Back