How god promoted murder in the bible

yeah but hey look some Christians eventually fought for their freedom.

after instituting slavery in the first place

and then forcing Christianity onto those slaves

while a large portion of Christians fought against abolishing slavery

oops. oh i guess you're right then, citizen.

How can one Christian hold another Christian in slavery?

Wish you would ask the muslims, buddahists, and hindus that question. There are not many known slaveholders that are Christian today. Yesterday, that was the accepted practice.

yeah but hey look some Christians eventually fought for their freedom.

after instituting slavery in the first place

and then forcing Christianity onto those slaves

while a large portion of Christians fought against abolishing slavery

oops. oh i guess you're right then, citizen.

Wish you would ask the muslims, buddahists, and hindus that question. There are not many known slaveholders that are Christian today. Yesterday, that was the accepted practice.

In THIS country...Christian slaves were held by Christian owners

How could you treat another member of your faith that way and still consider yourself to be a Christian?

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself bplaying the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire. (Leviticus 21:9)

Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

Sounds like a nice guy and his message is quite clear. Either believe in me or I'll fuck you up.

:cuckoo:

Well, it's obvious your gonna be yet another typical lefty disappointment here.:lol:

Well, it's obvious your gonna be yet another typical lefty disappointment here.:lol:
I don't vote and think politics are just a giant distracting cocksuck. In fact, Ron Paul is one of the last few politicians I had hope in, however now I doubt that he's going to be able to reverse the crash course this nation is on. He's outnumbered and marginalized at every turn.

Only blithering idiots bicker about lefties and righties. Both fail to see how the banks supersede the government and how politicians are bought and paid for by lobbyists and special interest groups. Politics are entertainment at best. It gives the populous the illusion that they have a choice in major national decisions.

How could you treat another member of your faith that way and still consider yourself to be a Christian?

Slavery was part of life since before Noah. When Yeshua was here, there were slaves. It took this, "this" country (mostly European ancestry) to realize that slavery was a bad thing. Christians were not isolated from the world. They must live in the physical world. It was the "Christians" that really pushed the idea that slavery was a bad idea. They put their ideas, lives and money up to support the abolishment of slavery and to help previous slaves.
Do you know of any famous atheists that supported loosing slavery? Do you know of any famous Communists that fought slavery? Muslims?
Today, we are on our way back to slavery. A huge part of the population has begged an owner to take possession of their persons and their children just to get some physical comforts: health care, food stamps, welfare are all forms of slavery. And like in the past, the bill will come due, and the owner (the government) will not be so nice. The abuse and neglect will happen again. And yes, some Christians are also begging to be taken into servitude. We live in a physical world and some people have no use for freedom. They would rather let their owner make their personal decisions for them, even if it means they live in poverty.

slavery is allowed by the bible....as long as its a slave from a neighboring tribe.....also the slave is instructed in the bible not to revolt or run away

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

Slavery in the Bible

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

do any of you actually read the bible......i often wonder about that

Slavery was part of life since before Noah. When Yeshua was here, there were slaves. It took this, "this" country (mostly European ancestry) to realize that slavery was a bad thing. Christians were not isolated from the world. They must live in the physical world.
Apparently so must the OT god as well, seeing as rules were made regarding the owning and BEATING of slaves. Remind me again why those rules no longer apply.

Today, we are on our way back to slavery. A huge part of the population has begged an owner to take possession of their persons and their children just to get some physical comforts: health care, food stamps, welfare are all forms of slavery.
You forgot the part where the government whips people to near-death who through their free will decisions accept food stamps. Or how citizens are sold to foreign countries by the government when they're no longer useful. Yeah, sounds just like slavery. :doubt:

I think it fairly apparent that the GOD described in the Old Testament and the GOD described in the New Testament are significantly different GODS.

One is described as a jealous god of vengence and the other described as a loving forgiving GOD.

He's the same God. Just the Jews (as the salvation message carrier in its infant stage) were treated differently. And without that treatment, the salvation message itself may not survive the history to reach modern humans as of today. And God's first priority is to save souls.

Last edited:
Slavery is a human establishment by human themselves, evil or not. Moreover, as long as the action was deemed 100% lawful/legal by the Caesers in human history, you can follow God won't forbid. You can fight it if you wish, God won't forbid either. Period.

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Last edited:
He's the same God. Just the Jews (as the salvation message carrier in its infant stage) were treated differently. And without that treatment, the salvation message itself may not survive the history to reach modern humans as of today. And God's first priority is to save souls.

You're telling me an all knowing all powerful being who you believe originally brought the knowledge in the bible to humankind by speaking to and inspiring people would have a problem propagating a message if there weren't slavery?

You do realize now ridiculous that sounds, don't you?

These were laws. Rules on how to beat and sell and kill your slave. Where did these laws come from? Man or deity? If the former, why are they in the bible. If the latter, why did the morals of slavery change?

Slavery is a human establishment by human themselves, evil or not. Moreover, as long as the action was deemed 100% lawful/legal by the Caesers in human history, you can follow God won't forbid. You can fight it if you wish, God won't forbid either. Period.

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Moses led the Jews out of slavery and then when he went to the mountaintop to get the 10 commandments.........Slavery was not one of them :cuckoo:

Ok, and Christianity has EVOLVED, since then.

Muslims are still living in the 1100s like barbarous animals.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself bplaying the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire. (Leviticus 21:9)

Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again. And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers; When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

Sounds like a nice guy and his message is quite clear. Either believe in me or I'll fuck you up.

:cuckoo:

If you really want to take the written word literally, I would ask you who's words they are in your belief? God's or Man's? Did God make that claim, or did Man in His Name? Sort of like Global Warming, Ethanol, and Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Are you being told the Truth as it really is, or are you being played and manipulated. Concerning Scripture, Mankind has gone through allot of changes over the Centuries. To apply Today's standards to way back then, is a fail. Take Hammurabi's Code for example, which truly had an influence on Moses, having preceded Mosaic Law, What God's were referred to there? Human Life was valued differently back then. Still so many of us continue to blame God for what we do to each other. I see it more as the part of Human Nature that is at war with God's Nature.

The Code of Hammurabi ~1700 BCE

You're telling me an all knowing all powerful being who you believe originally brought the knowledge in the bible to humankind by speaking to and inspiring people would have a problem propagating a message if there weren't slavery?

You do realize now ridiculous that sounds, don't you?

These were laws. Rules on how to beat and sell and kill your slave. Where did these laws come from? Man or deity? If the former, why are they in the bible. If the latter, why did the morals of slavery change?

There is one Understanding that Separates us from every Kingdom and Empire in History. Unalienable Right, the Recognition of it, and Conforming to it through process. It will continue to lead us to the light.

"Wish you would ask the muslims, buddahists, and hindus that question. There are not many known slaveholders that are Christian today. Yesterday, that was the accepted practice."

Slavery was part of life since before Noah. When Yeshua was here, there were slaves. It took this, "this" country (mostly European ancestry) to realize that slavery was a bad thing. Christians were not isolated from the world. They must live in the physical world.
Apparently so must the OT god as well, seeing as rules were made regarding the owning and BEATING of slaves. Remind me again why those rules no longer apply.

Today, we are on our way back to slavery. A huge part of the population has begged an owner to take possession of their persons and their children just to get some physical comforts: health care, food stamps, welfare are all forms of slavery.
You forgot the part where the government whips people to near-death who through their free will decisions accept food stamps. Or how citizens are sold to foreign countries by the government when they're no longer useful. Yeah, sounds just like slavery. :doubt:

Read the writing on the wall, it is coming.

Jesus promoted slavery. It's why many Confederates have no problem with slavery today.

Forum List

Back