How Evil is Libertarianism anyway?

The big failing in libertariansm is that they think that pointing out facts and logic is going to change behavior.

Well, it doesn't. You can say to a cat that crossing roads is dangerous all day, but it won't understand that. Similarly, liberal regressives will always steal. Only guns and rhetoric can stop them.

SO what you're saying is that the only way to get something solid into the mind of a leftist is to shoot them in the face?

:dunno:

I simply believe one should carry one's own weight.

I also believe there are times when people do need help. As human beings, we should provide that help.

I never fail to be shocked by the astounding arrogance of liberals. Luddly - who are you to decide for society what "we" should be doing? Where do you derive that power? There is no "we". Don't you understand that? Don't you get that you have no power over the rest of us. If you believe so strongly that people who need help should get help, get up off of your ass and help them.

But the truth is - like all liberals - you refuse to help anyone. You hoard your own wealth and assets (great or small) and then demand that government place a gun to the head of everyone else and force them to help so you don't have to.

Luddly - be honest for once in your life. When was the last time you skipped a meal so a homeless person could eat? When is that last time you paid for the health insurance policy of someone who didn't have health insurance? You liberals are all the most selfish, greedy people humanity has ever seen. And then all of you try to alleviate your own guilt and soothe your own psyche's by pretending like you "care" if you vote for government to do what you refuse to do.

I simply believe one should carry one's own weight. I also believe there are times when people do need help. As human beings, we should provide that help.

I would never have the appalling audacity to believe I'm somehow entitled to speak on behalf of all of humanity. I have no business telling other people what they should and should not be doing (within the context of being legal of course). I know what I think I should be doing. I'm not arrogant to believe I know for other people. The entire point of the U.S. was to escape a dictator and each decide for ourselves how we want to live our lives.

The big failing in libertariansm is that they think that pointing out facts and logic is going to change behavior.

Well, it doesn't. You can say to a cat that crossing roads is dangerous all day, but it won't understand that. Similarly, liberal regressives will always steal. Only guns and rhetoric can stop them.

Actually, I don't think guns or rhetoric will stop that special kind of stupidity that could only come from liberals. We need laws and we need them strictly enforced. So when liberals resort to rioting because they oppose the right of Donald Trump to free speech and the right of his supporters to hear what he has to say, those animals need to be placed behind bars and left there for a long time.

For the most part, we have all of the legislation we need to safeguard our freedom. It just doesn't get enforced because some of those same liberal dirt-bag criminals have made their way into office to abuse the law and push their agenda. Enforcement is the key.

When I see liberals turning out in droves to sabotage Republican primaries and get the candidate they feel is the easiest to beat the nomination (as they did with Donald Trump), I feel like the republic has actually been lost.

But when I see stuff like this, it not only restores my hope, but it also proves that God is at work. He is using every unethical tactic the enemy is resorting to, to defeat them. The left, in their infinite ignorance, never considered that they were not only uniting the right with their dirty tactics, but also causing more and more people to become more and more conservative. Soon, there will not be a Republican Party (JFK-era liberals). It will be the Tea Party (constitutional conservatives) or the Libertarian party.

POLL: Did Mary Matalin Make the Right Choice by Leaving the GOP?

No so-called "natural monopoly" has ever existed. Only government enforced monopolies have existed.

Prove it.

Name one.
You'll need to define your terms first. With evidence.

With evidence? A natural monopoly is one that exists without any legal assistance from the government.

Natural monopolies can't exist, because those firms would be allowed to abuse their power over their respective industry. You can't let a firm operate independently of government regulations. It isn't practical.

Bullshit.

Standard Oil of New Jersey controlled 85% of the market , who was complaining other than the scumbags in the Department of INjustice?

You haven't exposed shit.
I exposed that you are a Cafeteria Libertarian who is perfectly fine with free gummint giveaways to military, from extra tax breaks to free health care for life along with their family, to subsidized food and goods at the BX and the Commissary, to free Space A travel anywhere in the world, to...do I need to go on?

None of it is in the Constitution, and all of it was pandering from politicians looking for the military vote and to wrap themselves in the flag.

You're a fake.

And now you prolly won't see me for another week, because an asshole moderator has me on slowdown. I'm sure you can guess which one.

But when I come back, you'll still be a fraud.

Now I admit -- I didn't read all 86 pages.. But am I seeing Synth suggest that taking care of Veterans is "welfare"?? And having a subsidized market on base is some form of HANDOUT? Especially if that base is in Kuwait and it might be dangerous to have uniformed members going out on the streets to buy their mac n cheese?

Is THAT the weakness of Libertarians? That we believe having a military is VALID function of govt?

In our case -- we've been consistent about moving back all those foreign deployments for years now.. Would save GREATLY on training and education for tthe troops to have them HERE in the States. Isn't that a bit more important than getting 25% off a copy of GQ magazine at the PX???

The Congress shall have Power To ...raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years....

ARTICLE I, SECTION 8, CLAUSE 12

The Congress is CONSTITUTIONALLY (1787) authorized to raised and support armies.

The type of parasitic welfare we refer to is the one where someone is financially supported simply because he voted for the right welfare state candidate.

Technically he's arguing that when your employer gives you benefits, that's the welfare. Employers be they the government (military) or not (GE) are giving you welfare when part of your employment deal is benefits instead of salary. Amazing, isn't it?

It is welfare , but is NOT Unconstitutional.

I exposed that you are a Cafeteria Libertarian who is perfectly fine with free gummint giveaways to military, from extra tax breaks to free health care for life along with their family, to subsidized food and goods at the BX and the Commissary, to free Space A travel anywhere in the world, to...do I need to go on?

None of it is in the Constitution, and all of it was pandering from politicians looking for the military vote and to wrap themselves in the flag.

You're a fake.

And now you prolly won't see me for another week, because an asshole moderator has me on slowdown. I'm sure you can guess which one.

Now I admit -- I didn't read all 86 pages.. But am I seeing Synth suggest that taking care of Veterans is "welfare"?? And having a subsidized market on base is some form of HANDOUT? Especially if that base is in Kuwait and it might be dangerous to have uniformed members going out on the streets to buy their mac n cheese?

Is THAT the weakness of Libertarians? That we believe having a military is VALID function of govt?

In our case -- we've been consistent about moving back all those foreign deployments for years now.. Would save GREATLY on training and education for tthe troops to have them HERE in the States. Isn't that a bit more important than getting 25% off a copy of GQ magazine at the PX???

The Congress shall have Power To ...raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years....

The Congress is CONSTITUTIONALLY (1787) authorized to raised and support armies.

The type of parasitic welfare we refer to is the one where someone is financially supported simply because he voted for the right welfare state candidate.

Technically he's arguing that when your employer gives you benefits, that's the welfare. Employers be they the government (military) or not (GE) are giving you welfare when part of your employment deal is benefits instead of salary. Amazing, isn't it?

Why are you saying that to me when you emphasize "Unconstitutional?" That was Syndi's argument. I said it is Constitutional to pay the military, Syndi said it's not. But you're wrong about the welfare part, it's not welfare for the government to pay the military, that's ridiculous. They are working for the government, it's not welfare to pay them for that

When and where has libertarianism actually been implemented?

The United States, the Constitution as written was the most libertarian principled document ever founding a country by far. At it's peak, we were 5% of the world population with almost 1/3 the global economy. Then the greed of the moochers started dragging us back

Hypocrites like TK say they're "christians" so naturally, they think they should be taken care of while children are left to starve in the street.

So how many children have you taken off the streets to feed in your home? How many of them have you adopted? Please edify us on your feats of altruism.

How much money have you donated to help the poor and the needy? Time to spare us the moral indignance and back your claim up. Please, show us how much of a saint you really are.

I simply believe one should carry one's own weight.

I also believe there are times when people do need help. As human beings, we should provide that help.

I never fail to be shocked by the astounding arrogance of liberals. Luddly - who are you to decide for society what "we" should be doing? Where do you derive that power? There is no "we". Don't you understand that? Don't you get that you have no power over the rest of us. If you believe so strongly that people who need help should get help, get up off of your ass and help them.

But the truth is - like all liberals - you refuse to help anyone. You hoard your own wealth and assets (great or small) and then demand that government place a gun to the head of everyone else and force them to help so you don't have to.

Luddly - be honest for once in your life. When was the last time you skipped a meal so a homeless person could eat? When is that last time you paid for the health insurance policy of someone who didn't have health insurance? You liberals are all the most selfish, greedy people humanity has ever seen. And then all of you try to alleviate your own guilt and soothe your own psyche's by pretending like you "care" if you vote for government to do what you refuse to do.

I simply believe one should carry one's own weight. I also believe there are times when people do need help. As human beings, we should provide that help.

I would never have the appalling audacity to believe I'm somehow entitled to speak on behalf of all of humanity. I have no business telling other people what they should and should not be doing (within the context of being legal of course). I know what I think I should be doing. I'm not arrogant to believe I know for other people. The entire point of the U.S. was to escape a dictator and each decide for ourselves how we want to live our lives.

I disagree. We know that most recipients of food stamps are children and elderly. Disabled vets are another group that believe we should help. I believe we owe them that.

And of course I help.

Don't you?

If not, why not?

Why do you - TemplarKormac and Rottweiler believe we shouldn't?

You're a fake.

CrusaderFrank and Contumacious

Being paid for work you do is not "welfare".

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
And of course I help.

Don't you?

If not, why not?

Why do you - TemplarKormac and Rottweiler believe we shouldn't?

You didn't answer the question Luddly. Where do you derive the power for all of society to decide for everyone else what they should and should not be doing? That is astounding arrogance. Like, even beyond Donald Trump (and man is he an egomaniac). I've never even heard him declare what all of humanity should and shouldn't be doing.

And no - you don't "help". At all. You've never skipped a meal that so someone else could eat. You've never paid for a health insurance policy of someone who didn't have health insurance. Your idea of "helping" is to vote for communism to make yourself feel better in your own mind.

You didn't answer the question Luddly. Where do you derive the power for all of society to decide for everyone else what they should and should not be doing? That is astounding arrogance. Like, even beyond Donald Trump (and man is he an egomaniac). I've never even heard him declare what all of humanity should and shouldn't be doing.

This is where many liberals simply put on blinders. When social reform efforts move beyond ensuring equality under the law, and instead dictate behavior in the name of the 'greater good', the result is authoritarian government, regardless of nominal egalitarian motives.

This is where many liberals simply put on blinders. When social reform efforts move beyond ensuring equality under the law, and instead dictate behavior in the name of the 'greater good', the result is authoritarian government, regardless of nominal egalitarian motives.
“Concentrated power is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those who create it.” - Milton Friedman

I have long been acquainted with Libertarians and used to find them kind of adorable in a yapping lapdog kind of way, bitching about the Federal governments over reach, the rise in taxes and why doesnt the GOP have more Libertarians in it?

Well now we have a blend of conservative and Libertarian that many people confuse with 'true' conservatism, but it is NOT conservatism. It is the putrid purge from the mind of an evil avowed atheist escapee from the Soviet Union who had no use for love or charity or God. All Ayn Rand wanted was for people to hate the government and be willing to kill each other to keep their toys. The deepest thought she produced was a complex system of excuses to let your neighbor starve in the street as was common in many parts of the Soviet Union of her time.

William F Buckley Jr and Whitaker Chambers both exposed Rand for the loveless bitch she was deep in her soul. Both observed that 'Atlas Shrugged' was a fantasy shpeel of a world devoid of God, Christian mercy and charity and any semblance of community. They were quite right to denounce her work, her novels and her values system as alien to the body of Conservative American thought.

But fast forward to today's corporate America and we find Rand rehabilitated and flourishing under the guise of conservatism again, a.k.a. 'Conservatarians' and it is rotting Conservatism from the inside, like a cancer.

The take over of the Conservative movement by 'Conservatarians' or Rand Objectivists is a real disaster for the Conservative movement as we enter a new Digital Age in which jobs will be scarce and the party that offers to help other Americans through their adjustment to it will be the majority party for the distant future. Conservatarians cant even put the words together about how to care for other Americans, because deep in their hearts they truly just dont give a shit about anyone but themselves and maybe a few friends.

Which means that either Conservatism will shed itself of these useless evil parasites that are a pimple on Conservatism's ass or the Conservative movement will die the well deserved death of wicked heresies.

I love to see people starve. You just converted me to libertarianism. Thanks bro!

Forum List

Back