How Evil is Libertarianism anyway?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I have long been acquainted with Libertarians and used to find them kind of adorable in a yapping lapdog kind of way, bitching about the Federal governments over reach, the rise in taxes and why doesnt the GOP have more Libertarians in it?

Well now we have a blend of conservative and Libertarian that many people confuse with 'true' conservatism, but it is NOT conservatism. It is the putrid purge from the mind of an evil avowed atheist escapee from the Soviet Union who had no use for love or charity or God. All Ayn Rand wanted was for people to hate the government and be willing to kill each other to keep their toys. The deepest thought she produced was a complex system of excuses to let your neighbor starve in the street as was common in many parts of the Soviet Union of her time.

William F Buckley Jr and Whitaker Chambers both exposed Rand for the loveless bitch she was deep in her soul. Both observed that 'Atlas Shrugged' was a fantasy shpeel of a world devoid of God, Christian mercy and charity and any semblance of community. They were quite right to denounce her work, her novels and her values system as alien to the body of Conservative American thought.

But fast forward to today's corporate America and we find Rand rehabilitated and flourishing under the guise of conservatism again, a.k.a. 'Conservatarians' and it is rotting Conservatism from the inside, like a cancer.

The take over of the Conservative movement by 'Conservatarians' or Rand Objectivists is a real disaster for the Conservative movement as we enter a new Digital Age in which jobs will be scarce and the party that offers to help other Americans through their adjustment to it will be the majority party for the distant future. Conservatarians cant even put the words together about how to care for other Americans, because deep in their hearts they truly just dont give a shit about anyone but themselves and maybe a few friends.

Which means that either Conservatism will shed itself of these useless evil parasites that are a pimple on Conservatism's ass or the Conservative movement will die the well deserved death of wicked heresies.

Libertarians are like the Amish: Quaint in their own beliefs but impractical on a national level.
I think you owe the Amish an apology, despite them being a bunch of weirdasses like they are, they are not so loathesome as Libertarians.

We can't have individual liberty...we must all be part of the collective..after all, massive unlimited government run by a small elite, works really really well.:eek::rolleyes:o_O:uhoh3:

I have long been acquainted with Libertarians and used to find them kind of adorable in a yapping lapdog kind of way, bitching about the Federal governments over reach, the rise in taxes and why doesnt the GOP have more Libertarians in it?

Well now we have a blend of conservative and Libertarian that many people confuse with 'true' conservatism, but it is NOT conservatism. It is the putrid purge from the mind of an evil avowed atheist escapee from the Soviet Union who had no use for love or charity or God. All Ayn Rand wanted was for people to hate the government and be willing to kill each other to keep their toys. The deepest thought she produced was a complex system of excuses to let your neighbor starve in the street as was common in many parts of the Soviet Union of her time.

William F Buckley Jr and Whitaker Chambers both exposed Rand for the loveless bitch she was deep in her soul. Both observed that 'Atlas Shrugged' was a fantasy shpeel of a world devoid of God, Christian mercy and charity and any semblance of community. They were quite right to denounce her work, her novels and her values system as alien to the body of Conservative American thought.

But fast forward to today's corporate America and we find Rand rehabilitated and flourishing under the guise of conservatism again, a.k.a. 'Conservatarians' and it is rotting Conservatism from the inside, like a cancer.

The take over of the Conservative movement by 'Conservatarians' or Rand Objectivists is a real disaster for the Conservative movement as we enter a new Digital Age in which jobs will be scarce and the party that offers to help other Americans through their adjustment to it will be the majority party for the distant future. Conservatarians cant even put the words together about how to care for other Americans, because deep in their hearts they truly just dont give a shit about anyone but themselves and maybe a few friends.

Which means that either Conservatism will shed itself of these useless evil parasites that are a pimple on Conservatism's ass or the Conservative movement will die the well deserved death of wicked heresies.

upload_2016-4-21_18-39-27.jpeg

Ms Rand was buried upside down so motherfuckers like you can go by and kiss her ass.

We can't have individual liberty...we must all be part of the collective..after all, massive unlimited government run by a small elite, works really really well.:eek::rolleyes:o_O:uhoh3:

Obviously we can have liberty, but we dont have to live in Chaos to do so.

We are a community of people, not a gaggle of assorted individuals with no impact on one another.

I think you owe the Amish an apology, despite them being a bunch of weirdasses like they are, they are not so loathesome as Libertarians.

Lol. Libertarian here.

Unlike Republicans or Democrats, libertarians like me, who don't affiliate themselves with the official Libertarian Party, don't adhere to the rigidity of party politics. Party politics can lead people to be closed minded and prejudiced, as evidenced from what I'm seeing in this thread.

It allows us to tolerate what we please, and be intolerant to what we please. But enjoy being led along like lemmings by the establishments in your respective parties.

What do you find loathsome about the idea we should leave people alone unless/until they violate the person or property of their fellow man?

What do you find loathsome about the idea we should leave people alone unless/until they violate the person or property of their fellow man?

I for one would be a Libertarian, but I don't like their stance on our military or recreational narcotics.

I consider myself to be about 70% conservative and 30% Libertarian. The only reason for that is because the Establishment Republicans have given up on the message of less government. Establishment Republicans don't mind big government, as long as it's their brand of big government.

Lol. Libertarian here.

Unlike Republicans or Democrats, libertarians like me, who don't affiliate themselves with the official Libertarian Party, don't adhere to the rigidity of party politics. Party politics can lead people to be closed minded and prejudiced, as evidenced from what I'm seeing in this thread.

It allows us to tolerate what we please, and be intolerant to what we please. But enjoy being led along like lemmings by the establishments in your respective parties.

Are you a Rand Objectivist or a little 'l' libertarian who wants minimal government, respect for the Constitution and no public intrusion where no harm is caused?

There is a big difference.

but we dont have to live in Chaos to do so.

Strangely enough, two organized parties have managed to cause more chaos than libertarians ever will. We live in that chaos on a daily basis.

Rand Objectivism causes chaos everywhere it is found. Party infighting, fake delegates, fraudulent assertions of loyalty, blatant violations of the electoral laws and hatred for our police are just a few ways this comes out from them when they have enough power in a congressional district to step out from under the refrigerators and into the light like bold cockroaches.

Nothing, but Rand Objectivism which is what 'L'ibertarians are, is far more than that.

IT is a break down of the 'ties that bind us' as a society.

They are anarchists in a bad sort of way.

Lol. Libertarian here.

Are you a Rand Objectivist or a little 'l' libertarian who wants minimal government, respect for the Constitution and no public intrusion where no harm is caused?

I place no definition on my worldviews. Your problem is that you feel the need to define my worldviews. Nothing so simplistic.

And what if I'm either? Or both? I don't appreciate being labeled because of what my political beliefs are. Are we that truly loathsome to you? And why are we evil?

I can't help but feel...offended by your description.

Lol. Libertarian here.

I place no definition on my worldviews. Your problem is that you feel the need to define my worldviews. Nothing so simplistic.

And what if I'm either? Or both? I don't appreciate being labeled because of what my political beliefs are. Are we that truly loathsome to you? And why are we evil?

I can't help but feel...offended by your description.

You already labelled yourself as a libertarian. He's asking for clarification - there are a lot of libertarians out there, and each one of them has a slightly different personal definition of libertarianism.

I don't see how you are offended by his question.

Rand Objectivism causes chaos everywhere it is found. Party infighting, fake delegates, fraudulent assertions of loyalty, blatant violations of the electoral laws and hatred for our police are just a few ways this comes out from them when they have enough power in a congressional district to step out from under the refrigerators and into the light like bold cockroaches.

First, you haven't the slightest idea what "Rand Objectivism" is. And If I'm a "bold cockroach", them I'm of the hissing variety. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. There are bad apples out there who give them a bad name, and they should be punished, not every police officer everywhere.

Second, instead of bandying about terms to which you have no clue to their definition, a Rand Objectivist aspires to:

Follow reason, not whims or faith.
Work hard to achieve a life of purpose and productiveness.
Earn genuine self-esteem.
Pursue one's own happiness as his or her highest moral aim.
Prosper by treating others as individuals, trading value for value.

For the record, I have not read "Atlas Shrugged" nor do I intend to. But I agree with with Rand Objectivism to a point.

Third, I'm also a little "l" minarchist libertarian, or at least that's what my views are closest to. I don't favor complete anarchy. Anarchy can lead to unfettered aggression by one individual against another. There needs to be governance. So a minimal state presence is required in my opinion, not an extensive one.

Perhaps instead of calling us evil or loathsome, maybe you could engage one of us in a civilized debate. I don't really adhere strictly to one of those philosophies or the other. I take the best of them and meld them together to form a unique view for myself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back