How do you stop illegal guns, stings and police work, who says? Chicago police...

Since guns are sold illegally to felons....you know, the felon knows they can't buy, own or carry guns....background checks don't stop them from getting guns...not even universal background checks.

So how do you catch people selling illegal guns to criminal?......you find a snitch, and use a police sting.

Who says so? The Chicago police....

Chicago Police Know Where Gun Violence Is Coming From, But They Can’t Stop It

Illegal guns get into Chicago through lone dealers, not large trafficking organizations, and that makes any legislative action taken to stop the flow totally impractical, according to Chicago police.

Police researchers say that most illegal guns come from nearby states like Indiana and Iowa after being stolen or resold by their original owners, according to a Tuesday report from the Chicago Sun Times. In this way, the trafficking of firearms is different from the trafficking of illegal substances, which relies heavily on national and even international crime organizations. As a result, the arrest of individual gun dealers does virtually nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms.

“You are a single salmon swimming upstream at Niagara Falls,” Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Sun Times. “If your policing strategy is to decrease the number of guns in your city, good luck, because there are too many guns out there. It’s better to go after the person with the gun.”

Police operations to take down these individual gun dealers usually take the form of sting operations and bribing street level offenders for information.

In one case, a police informant convinced a dealer, John Thomas, to broker a gun sale bigger than any he’d sought before. He sold seven guns, all of which were obtained illegally: four handguns, two semi-automatic rifles, and one shotgun. The buyer paid $7,200. “The most money I’ve seen or made,” Thomas said.
The problem is that those "illegal" guns were made by legal manufacturers, so the question is, how are those legal guns becoming illegal guns so easily and in such large quantities?
By criminals and their criminal activity. Dip shit
Not sure what you're trying to say, but with lax rules, I bet some of the guns you've sold have been used in crimes. What do you think?

Since guns are sold illegally to felons....you know, the felon knows they can't buy, own or carry guns....background checks don't stop them from getting guns...not even universal background checks.

So how do you catch people selling illegal guns to criminal?......you find a snitch, and use a police sting.

Illegal guns get into Chicago through lone dealers, not large trafficking organizations, and that makes any legislative action taken to stop the flow totally impractical, according to Chicago police.

Police researchers say that most illegal guns come from nearby states like Indiana and Iowa after being stolen or resold by their original owners, according to a Tuesday report from the Chicago Sun Times. In this way, the trafficking of firearms is different from the trafficking of illegal substances, which relies heavily on national and even international crime organizations. As a result, the arrest of individual gun dealers does virtually nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms.

“You are a single salmon swimming upstream at Niagara Falls,” Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Sun Times. “If your policing strategy is to decrease the number of guns in your city, good luck, because there are too many guns out there. It’s better to go after the person with the gun.”

Police operations to take down these individual gun dealers usually take the form of sting operations and bribing street level offenders for information.

In one case, a police informant convinced a dealer, John Thomas, to broker a gun sale bigger than any he’d sought before. He sold seven guns, all of which were obtained illegally: four handguns, two semi-automatic rifles, and one shotgun. The buyer paid $7,200. “The most money I’ve seen or made,” Thomas said.
The problem is that those "illegal" guns were made by legal manufacturers, so the question is, how are those legal guns becoming illegal guns so easily and in such large quantities?
Not sure what you're trying to say, but with lax rules, I bet some of the guns you've sold have been used in crimes. What do you think?
I am not responsible after they leave my store, they all get background checks.

It must suck living life scared? Lol

If you are sure of that then you do not understand our legal system

The standard is "reasonable doubt"

No doubt and reasonable doubt are two entirely different things

Our legal system put at least 159 innocent people on death row for crimes they didn't' commit. Reasonable Doubt usually means, "People of color who can't afford a good lawyer!"
Which is why I specified a more stringent standard for death sentence cases

Because criminals pay for them......they need them to commit crimes. Criminals use straw buyers, they steal, them......just as you saw in the first post....and then they were caught...with snitches and good police work.....

We have all the gun laws we need, as this thread shows.....

Are you this stupid, or do you just pretend to be this stupid when you post?
I dumb it down just for you. If you think you have enough guns laws, then enjoy the next mass shooting, and the one after that, and the one after that, then Christmas, then the one after that, then...

Okay, genius....what gun laws do you want that would stop the next mass shooting? Please...enlighten us.....
Just copy those countries who don't have mass shootings on a regular basis. There are plenty.

But mainly, people like you would have to chill out over the guns. Every time someone waves the 2nd Amendment you all go into a frenzy. Like, who fucking cares if you can't buy assault weapons, especially if we can curb all these mass shootings, like a civilized society would at least try to do? You need a handgun to protect you and yours and a hunting rifle, if you hunt. Not 600 fucking different kinds...

What kind of authority are you to tell people what they need and don't need. You don't need an iPhone, but I'll bet you have one.

Indeed I do, possibly a Prius, too.

As far as super-violent offenses go, we need to bring public hanging back.

I haven't shot anyone.....how am I the problem...moron. I actually support long prison sentences for violent gun offenders and felons caught with illegal guns....you asswipes just let them back out over and over again...you are the problem....not me and the other supporters of Self Defense....

Yes. People like you is part of this problem. No one said you cannot defend yourself or owning or buying a gun.
Your definition of self defense is owning these massive assault military big guns.

Your only and only solution which I told many many times ——- Is to flood the streets with more of these big guns. Because of your god given rights 2nd amendment. Who don’t give a shit about all these massacres. Just flood these streets with more guns.
You are a moron.

No...my idea of self defense is owning the gun that the law abiding person decides they want or need...since they aren't criminals....and haven't used the gun they want to commit a crime.

No....you know my solutions.....you just hate guns so you go right back to them no matter how often I tell you what the solutions are...

--when someone commits a crime with a gun....30 years in jail.

--when a violent felon is caught with an illegal gun...30 years in jail.

--Then we deal with single teenage girls raising young males and turning them into sociopaths....

We actually care about mass public shootings.....and the biggest solution to that, as actual research shows, is to get rid of gun free zones.....

You see, I am not saying to flood the streets with guns.....shit head......I think normal, law abiding people should have access to any rifle or pistol they deem appropriate for the defense of themselves and their families...

Yeah right like Paddock? That’s what you think MORON. Like what I just said just flood the streets with more guns.
You are part of this problem.

Hey...dumb fuck.....which gun law stopped the Vegas shooter? He passed every federal background check for each fucking gun. If they have registration he would have registered all of those guns.....dumb ass......he would have used 10 round magazines and murdered just as many people.......

You, shit head......have no solution.....you hate guns and those who own them.....you have an irrational fear, considering there are close to 600 million guns in this country, with over 16.3 million people carrying them for self defense......and 2 were used by one guy out of 320 million people to murder 58 people....considering the guy in Nice, France, using a rental truck murdered 89 people and injured over 450....

So, you don't care about the dead...you have an irrational fear of guns......
A law banning assault type rifles with large clips , and bump stocks. That is what law would have stopped the Vegas shooter

Look dickbag, I am a gun owner & probably own more that you.

I am not such a fucking pussy that I need to tote a gun 24/7. I have no use for an assault type weapon that would not be outweighed by the death tolls from these mass killings.

Yeah you own guns and yet you don't understand the FACT that those
assault type" weapons are nothing but plain old everyday semiautomatic rifles.

If you put every gun manufacturer in the world out of business then people will make their own guns

And then you arrest them when they do it. Put them into a cell with a large black man and a jar of vasoline. Problem solved.
We have too many people in jail
'we lock up more people than anyone

Sound familiar?
We lock up more people than anyone because we have more guns than anyone. That was easy.

No not really. I'm not even a fan of the death penalty although I think it should be used in extreme cases when there is no doubt.

We've put 159 people on Death Row who didn't do what they were accused of.

Innocence: List of Those Freed From Death Row | Death Penalty Information Center

I'm sure that the juries that voted the death penalty in these cases had "no doubt".

159 over the years, out of there's close to 3k on death row right now? There should be hangings for violent rape and child molesters as well, but there isn't.

The justice system is far from perfect and surely could use some tweaks but..

43286a6ac6fcb5de5ab3b2c9404d105dc24c3475b01e4d4273fdd131c96ee61c.jpg

If you put every gun manufacturer in the world out of business then people will make their own guns

And then you arrest them when they do it. Put them into a cell with a large black man and a jar of vasoline. Problem solved.
We have too many people in jail
'we lock up more people than anyone

Sound familiar?
We lock up more people than anyone because we have more guns than anyone. That was easy.

No we lockup more NONVIOLENT offenders than any other country. And we let violent offenders out. That was easy

Because criminals pay for them......they need them to commit crimes. Criminals use straw buyers, they steal, them......just as you saw in the first post....and then they were caught...with snitches and good police work.....

We have all the gun laws we need, as this thread shows.....

Are you this stupid, or do you just pretend to be this stupid when you post?
I dumb it down just for you. If you think you have enough guns laws, then enjoy the next mass shooting, and the one after that, and the one after that, then Christmas, then the one after that, then...

Okay, genius....what gun laws do you want that would stop the next mass shooting? Please...enlighten us.....
Just copy those countries who don't have mass shootings on a regular basis. There are plenty.

But mainly, people like you would have to chill out over the guns. Every time someone waves the 2nd Amendment you all go into a frenzy. Like, who fucking cares if you can't buy assault weapons, especially if we can curb all these mass shootings, like a civilized society would at least try to do? You need a handgun to protect you and yours and a hunting rifle, if you hunt. Not 600 fucking different kinds...

What kind of authority are you to tell people what they need and don't need. You don't need an iPhone, but I'll bet you have one.

Indeed I do, possibly a Prius, too.

As far as super-violent offenses go, we need to bring public hanging back.
Actually, I don't have a cell phone. And I drive a Jeep. A good ol' American car... made in Mexico. :biggrin:

But public hangings? I'll leave that to ISIS. I wouldn't want to legitimize their barbarity.

Yes. People like you is part of this problem. No one said you cannot defend yourself or owning or buying a gun.
Your definition of self defense is owning these massive assault military big guns.

Your only and only solution which I told many many times ——- Is to flood the streets with more of these big guns. Because of your god given rights 2nd amendment. Who don’t give a shit about all these massacres. Just flood these streets with more guns.
You are a moron.

No...my idea of self defense is owning the gun that the law abiding person decides they want or need...since they aren't criminals....and haven't used the gun they want to commit a crime.

No....you know my solutions.....you just hate guns so you go right back to them no matter how often I tell you what the solutions are...

--Then we deal with single teenage girls raising young males and turning them into sociopaths....

We actually care about mass public shootings.....and the biggest solution to that, as actual research shows, is to get rid of gun free zones.....

You see, I am not saying to flood the streets with guns.....shit head......I think normal, law abiding people should have access to any rifle or pistol they deem appropriate for the defense of themselves and their families...

Yeah right like Paddock? That’s what you think MORON. Like what I just said just flood the streets with more guns.

Hey...dumb fuck.....which gun law stopped the Vegas shooter? He passed every federal background check for each fucking gun. If they have registration he would have registered all of those guns.....dumb ass......he would have used 10 round magazines and murdered just as many people.......

You, shit head......have no solution.....you hate guns and those who own them.....you have an irrational fear, considering there are close to 600 million guns in this country, with over 16.3 million people carrying them for self defense......and 2 were used by one guy out of 320 million people to murder 58 people....considering the guy in Nice, France, using a rental truck murdered 89 people and injured over 450....

A law banning assault type rifles with large clips , and bump stocks. That is what law would have stopped the Vegas shooter

I am not such a fucking pussy that I need to tote a gun 24/7. I have no use for an assault type weapon that would not be outweighed by the death tolls from these mass killings.

I understand asswipe. Ban all semi automatic rifles that can accept larger capacity magazines.
Now, does that make you feel better?

Jesus Christ you people are stupid.

I still want to know why you are such crybabies because you might not to legally have a mean looking semiautomatic when you can have a non-mean looking one? Is it because the only reason you want these mean looking guns is due to some mental deficiency? If so, you shouldn't own any guns.

Explain that.

Why? Does is suck to be a merchant of death?

You are a moron.

When you can present an argument that is rational...we will listen to you...since the facts, the truth and reality show you are irrational...here is some truth for you......

Moron...knife murders.....2009-2013.....

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Rifle murder....

2009---351
2010---367
2011---332
2012---298
2013---285

---------

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

I have put obama's updated number in parenthesis..........

we will see....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 73.
2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Deaths from mass shootings 2015..... 37

Knives have purpose other than a weapon.

Why is that too much for your NRA brain to handle?

I understand asswipe. Ban all semi automatic rifles that can accept larger capacity magazines.

I still want to know why you are such crybabies because you might not to legally have a mean looking semiautomatic when you can have a non-mean looking one? Is it because the only reason you want these mean looking guns is due to some mental deficiency? If so, you shouldn't own any guns.

Explain that.
Someone elses firearm ownership is none of your business...
You need need to stay out of peoples personal lives

It’s no different than selling any other type of merchandise… Plain as that.
Firearm ownership makes america a better place, I’m doing a service for America.

Explain that.

Well thank you for confirming the fact that these ridiculous "assault weapons" bans are nothing but a prelude to attempt banning all semiautomatic firearms.

And IDGAF about what a rifle looks like. Never have. Never will

YOU however seem to think that the looks of a rifle matter

Firearm ownership makes america a better place, I’m doing a service for America.
Guns are literally killing the US. And you are part of the problem.

Na, There are many, many things much more dangerous than firearms... take your pick...
2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

Yes the USA is being murdered.

Forum List

Back