How do you stop illegal guns, stings and police work, who says? Chicago police...

Since guns are sold illegally to felons....you know, the felon knows they can't buy, own or carry guns....background checks don't stop them from getting guns...not even universal background checks.

So how do you catch people selling illegal guns to criminal?......you find a snitch, and use a police sting.

Who says so? The Chicago police....

Chicago Police Know Where Gun Violence Is Coming From, But They Can’t Stop It

Illegal guns get into Chicago through lone dealers, not large trafficking organizations, and that makes any legislative action taken to stop the flow totally impractical, according to Chicago police.

Police researchers say that most illegal guns come from nearby states like Indiana and Iowa after being stolen or resold by their original owners, according to a Tuesday report from the Chicago Sun Times. In this way, the trafficking of firearms is different from the trafficking of illegal substances, which relies heavily on national and even international crime organizations. As a result, the arrest of individual gun dealers does virtually nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms.

“You are a single salmon swimming upstream at Niagara Falls,” Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Sun Times. “If your policing strategy is to decrease the number of guns in your city, good luck, because there are too many guns out there. It’s better to go after the person with the gun.”

Police operations to take down these individual gun dealers usually take the form of sting operations and bribing street level offenders for information.

In one case, a police informant convinced a dealer, John Thomas, to broker a gun sale bigger than any he’d sought before. He sold seven guns, all of which were obtained illegally: four handguns, two semi-automatic rifles, and one shotgun. The buyer paid $7,200. “The most money I’ve seen or made,” Thomas said.

According to you, they all should be legal in which case the cops can't do shit unless they catch the culprit in the act of using a gun.

This is yet another example of your stupid posting.

No...dumb shit......you really need to learn to read.....

Every time a moron like you says something as stupid as that....I post the truth.....

We have all the gun laws we need....

If you commit a crime with a gun, you are arrested.

If you are a felon with a gun, which they can't buy, own or carry, legally, you are arrested.

This post shows that the above statements are backed up by the real world.

The problem.....? Morons like you let the violent gun criminals back out in less than 3 years...where they then go on to commit murder....

you are the problem, not us.....

No, asshole gun nuts like you are the fucking problem. You have a big mouth & nothing in your head to back it up.

Yep, lets make all guns anywhere & any type legal.

That will solve the fucking problem.

You people are dumber than shit & why we got an asshole like Trump as President. My God.

I haven't shot anyone.....how am I the problem...moron. I actually support long prison sentences for violent gun offenders and felons caught with illegal guns....you asswipes just let them back out over and over again...you are the problem....not me and the other supporters of Self Defense....

Yes. People like you is part of this problem. No one said you cannot defend yourself or owning or buying a gun.
Your definition of self defense is owning these massive assault military big guns.

Your only and only solution which I told many many times ——- Is to flood the streets with more of these big guns. Because of your god given rights 2nd amendment. Who don’t give a shit about all these massacres. Just flood these streets with more guns.
You are a moron.

Since guns are sold illegally to felons....you know, the felon knows they can't buy, own or carry guns....background checks don't stop them from getting guns...not even universal background checks.

So how do you catch people selling illegal guns to criminal?......you find a snitch, and use a police sting.

Illegal guns get into Chicago through lone dealers, not large trafficking organizations, and that makes any legislative action taken to stop the flow totally impractical, according to Chicago police.

Police researchers say that most illegal guns come from nearby states like Indiana and Iowa after being stolen or resold by their original owners, according to a Tuesday report from the Chicago Sun Times. In this way, the trafficking of firearms is different from the trafficking of illegal substances, which relies heavily on national and even international crime organizations. As a result, the arrest of individual gun dealers does virtually nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms.

“You are a single salmon swimming upstream at Niagara Falls,” Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Sun Times. “If your policing strategy is to decrease the number of guns in your city, good luck, because there are too many guns out there. It’s better to go after the person with the gun.”

Police operations to take down these individual gun dealers usually take the form of sting operations and bribing street level offenders for information.

In one case, a police informant convinced a dealer, John Thomas, to broker a gun sale bigger than any he’d sought before. He sold seven guns, all of which were obtained illegally: four handguns, two semi-automatic rifles, and one shotgun. The buyer paid $7,200. “The most money I’ve seen or made,” Thomas said.
The problem is that those "illegal" guns were made by legal manufacturers, so the question is, how are those legal guns becoming illegal guns so easily and in such large quantities?

Because criminals pay for them......they need them to commit crimes. Criminals use straw buyers, they steal, them......just as you saw in the first post....and then they were caught...with snitches and good police work.....

We have all the gun laws we need, as this thread shows.....

Are you this stupid, or do you just pretend to be this stupid when you post?
I dumb it down just for you. If you think you have enough guns laws, then enjoy the next mass shooting, and the one after that, and the one after that, then Christmas, then the one after that, then...

Okay, genius....what gun laws do you want that would stop the next mass shooting? Please...enlighten us.....
Just copy those countries who don't have mass shootings on a regular basis. There are plenty.

But mainly, people like you would have to chill out over the guns. Every time someone waves the 2nd Amendment you all go into a frenzy. Like, who fucking cares if you can't buy assault weapons, especially if we can curb all these mass shootings, like a civilized society would at least try to do? You need a handgun to protect you and yours and a hunting rifle, if you hunt. Not 600 fucking different kinds...

There were 6 mass shootings last year and only two...if that, used rifles. There were 71 people murdered total in all 6....knives were used to murder 1,604 people, clubs 472, bare hands 656...

Mass public shooting deaths are not a problem in this country....considering there are close to 600million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people actually carrying guns for self defense...

Cars killed 35,161 people.....get back to us when mass public shooters murder that many people...since you obviously don't care about actual people dying....

History shows why we need Civilian Self defense rifles....since military rifles are not in common use by anyone here in the states......try to be a little accurate.

We have the 2nd Amendment because the Founders knew there would be people like you with no sense of history or understanding of human behavior.....after modern nations murdered close to 100 million innocent men, women and children, you would think you would get a clue that allowing the government to have all the guns is a stupid idea....

According to you, they all should be legal in which case the cops can't do shit unless they catch the culprit in the act of using a gun.

Every time a moron like you says something as stupid as that....I post the truth.....

If you are a felon with a gun, which they can't buy, own or carry, legally, you are arrested.

The problem.....? Morons like you let the violent gun criminals back out in less than 3 years...where they then go on to commit murder....

No, asshole gun nuts like you are the fucking problem. You have a big mouth & nothing in your head to back it up.

You people are dumber than shit & why we got an asshole like Trump as President. My God.

I haven't shot anyone.....how am I the problem...moron. I actually support long prison sentences for violent gun offenders and felons caught with illegal guns....you asswipes just let them back out over and over again...you are the problem....not me and the other supporters of Self Defense....

Yes. People like you is part of this problem. No one said you cannot defend yourself or owning or buying a gun.
Your definition of self defense is owning these massive assault military big guns.

Your only and only solution which I told many many times ——- Is to flood the streets with more of these big guns. Because of your god given rights 2nd amendment. Who don’t give a shit about all these massacres. Just flood these streets with more guns.
You are a moron.

No...my idea of self defense is owning the gun that the law abiding person decides they want or need...since they aren't criminals....and haven't used the gun they want to commit a crime.

No....you know my solutions.....you just hate guns so you go right back to them no matter how often I tell you what the solutions are...

--when someone commits a crime with a gun....30 years in jail.

--when a violent felon is caught with an illegal gun...30 years in jail.

--Then we deal with single teenage girls raising young males and turning them into sociopaths....

We actually care about mass public shootings.....and the biggest solution to that, as actual research shows, is to get rid of gun free zones.....

You see, I am not saying to flood the streets with guns.....shit head......I think normal, law abiding people should have access to any rifle or pistol they deem appropriate for the defense of themselves and their families...

The problem is that those "illegal" guns were made by legal manufacturers, so the question is, how are those legal guns becoming illegal guns so easily and in such large quantities?

Because criminals pay for them......they need them to commit crimes. Criminals use straw buyers, they steal, them......just as you saw in the first post....and then they were caught...with snitches and good police work.....

We have all the gun laws we need, as this thread shows.....

Are you this stupid, or do you just pretend to be this stupid when you post?
I dumb it down just for you. If you think you have enough guns laws, then enjoy the next mass shooting, and the one after that, and the one after that, then Christmas, then the one after that, then...

Okay, genius....what gun laws do you want that would stop the next mass shooting? Please...enlighten us.....
Just copy those countries who don't have mass shootings on a regular basis. There are plenty.

But mainly, people like you would have to chill out over the guns. Every time someone waves the 2nd Amendment you all go into a frenzy. Like, who fucking cares if you can't buy assault weapons, especially if we can curb all these mass shootings, like a civilized society would at least try to do? You need a handgun to protect you and yours and a hunting rifle, if you hunt. Not 600 fucking different kinds...

There were 6 mass shootings last year and only two...if that, used rifles. There were 71 people murdered total in all 6....knives were used to murder 1,604 people, clubs 472, bare hands 656...

Mass public shooting deaths are not a problem in this country....considering there are close to 600million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people actually carrying guns for self defense...

Cars killed 35,161 people.....get back to us when mass public shooters murder that many people...since you obviously don't care about actual people dying....

History shows why we need Civilian Self defense rifles....since military rifles are not in common use by anyone here in the states......try to be a little accurate.

We have the 2nd Amendment because the Founders knew there would be people like you with no sense of history or understanding of human behavior.....after modern nations murdered close to 100 million innocent men, women and children, you would think you would get a clue that allowing the government to have all the guns is a stupid idea....
See? I mention the 2nd and you go into a frenzy to repeat that you didn't not want anything done. We get it.

You are a moron.

No...my idea of self defense is owning the gun that the law abiding person decides they want or need...since they aren't criminals....and haven't used the gun they want to commit a crime.

No....you know my solutions.....you just hate guns so you go right back to them no matter how often I tell you what the solutions are...

--Then we deal with single teenage girls raising young males and turning them into sociopaths....

We actually care about mass public shootings.....and the biggest solution to that, as actual research shows, is to get rid of gun free zones.....

You see, I am not saying to flood the streets with guns.....shit head......I think normal, law abiding people should have access to any rifle or pistol they deem appropriate for the defense of themselves and their families...

Yeah right like Paddock? That’s what you think MORON. Like what I just said just flood the streets with more guns.
You are part of this problem.

You are a moron.

Yeah right like Paddock? That’s what you think MORON. Like what I just said just flood the streets with more guns.

Hey...dumb fuck.....which gun law stopped the Vegas shooter? He passed every federal background check for each fucking gun. If they have registration he would have registered all of those guns.....dumb ass......he would have used 10 round magazines and murdered just as many people.......

You, shit head......have no solution.....you hate guns and those who own them.....you have an irrational fear, considering there are close to 600 million guns in this country, with over 16.3 million people carrying them for self defense......and 2 were used by one guy out of 320 million people to murder 58 people....considering the guy in Nice, France, using a rental truck murdered 89 people and injured over 450....

So, you don't care about the dead...you have an irrational fear of guns......

You are a moron.

Hey....dumb shit......neither of the guns he used is a military gun....you stupid, dumb ass. They are civilian guns.....also used by the police...

6 mass shootings in 2016....71 dead...... knives kill 1,604 in 2016....rental truck....89 murdered in one event.....

Can you tell the difference in the numbers, dumb ass?

You don't care about the dead...you care about the guns....

You are a moron.

58 people murdered in Vegas.....with 2 guns...out of 600 million guns.

89 people murdered in Nice, France....with a rental truck.

Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attacks...rapes, robberies, and murders, including some mass public shootings....

Can you tell the difference in those numbers?

You are a moron.

Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attacks...rapes, robberies, and murders, including some mass public shootings....

Americans - like law enforcement

trucks & knives have other purposes.

You are a moron.

Hey....dumb shit......neither of the guns he used is a military gun....you stupid, dumb ass. They are civilian guns.....also used by the police...

6 mass shootings in 2016....71 dead...... knives kill 1,604 in 2016....rental truck....89 murdered in one event.....

Can you tell the difference in the numbers, dumb ass?

You don't care about the dead...you care about the guns....

You are a moron.

Americans - like law enforcement

Nope....1,500,000 civilians, not law enforcement or military....

Self defense with a gun......40 years of actual research...first is the name of the group that conducted the research, then the year, then the number of defensive gun uses and finally wether the research contained police or military defensive gun uses....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

If no one is manufacturing them, they can't get them. This isn't complicated.

Look, I know the NRA Shills have been in full on panic mode since last week, but I think even regular gun owners are saying , "Enough" when concerts they like to go to are getting shot up.
Na, You enforce the current laws, and keep it the way it is...
Be much tougher on violent criminals.

By criminals and their criminal activity. Dip shit

You are a moron.

Hey...dumb fuck.....which gun law stopped the Vegas shooter? He passed every federal background check for each fucking gun. If they have registration he would have registered all of those guns.....dumb ass......he would have used 10 round magazines and murdered just as many people.......

You, shit head......have no solution.....you hate guns and those who own them.....you have an irrational fear, considering there are close to 600 million guns in this country, with over 16.3 million people carrying them for self defense......and 2 were used by one guy out of 320 million people to murder 58 people....considering the guy in Nice, France, using a rental truck murdered 89 people and injured over 450....

A law banning assault type rifles with large clips , and bump stocks. That is what law would have stopped the Vegas shooter

Look dickbag, I am a gun owner & probably own more that you.

I am not such a fucking pussy that I need to tote a gun 24/7. I have no use for an assault type weapon that would not be outweighed by the death tolls from these mass killings.

Sue the hell these gun manufacturers and held them responsible for their products. Then shut them all down. That is you stop it or shut you up.
That means you can sue anybody for anything and get as much as you want…

You are a moron.

A law banning assault type rifles with large clips , and bump stocks. That is what law would have stopped the Vegas shooter

I am not such a fucking pussy that I need to tote a gun 24/7. I have no use for an assault type weapon that would not be outweighed by the death tolls from these mass killings.
Na, Firearm ownership is none of your fucking business, and certainly is not the federal government business. Go back to your safe space snowflake

You are a moron.

You mean the way the law in France that completely bans fully automatic, military rifles, and 30 round magazines kept about a dozen terrorists, on government terrorist watch lists from getting them....and murdering 13 people at Charlie Hebdo and another 130 at the Paris Rock concert...

You mean laws like that....genius?

And since there are 16 million of these civilian self defense rifles that were not used compared to the two that were used...why would you take 16 million rifles away from people who didn't use them to commit crimes...?

Where is the reasoning in that.....

And considering the guy in France used a rental truck to kill 89 people...while the guy with two rifles killed 58.....you should be more worried about rental trucks.....

You are a moron.

The guy in Vegas didn't have Assault rifles either......

2016... 6 mass shootings, 71 dead.

Nice, France, one attack with a rental truck, 89 dead.

One attack with a rental truck murdered more people than all the mass shootings in 2016.

You are irrational.

You are a moron.

When you can present an argument that is rational...we will listen to you...since the facts, the truth and reality show you are irrational...here is some truth for you......

Moron...knife murders.....2009-2013.....

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956

Rifle murder....

2009---351
2010---367
2011---332
2012---298
2013---285

---------

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

I have put obama's updated number in parenthesis..........

we will see....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 73.
2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391