How do you do the "quote" thing...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I don't know how to quote something with the new format...which button am I missing?

I don't know how to quote something with the new format...which button am I missing?
Hit "Reply" in the lower right hand corner of the post you want to quote to quote only that person, or "+Quote" to left of it to quote multiple posts.

Granny wantin' to know what happened to the chatroom?...

... she got sumpin' to say about the new board software.

How,do you quote from an article you post...?

Thanks...I think I know what you mean...the quote button right?

In the old format there was a quote button...you highlighted the text you wanted to quote, then hit the button and it put the text in a quote box...

do you mean to use the actual keyboard quote key for the beginning and end of the text?

In the old format there was a quote button...you highlighted the text you wanted to quote, then hit the button and it put the text in a quote box...

do you mean to use the actual keyboard quote key for the beginning and end of the text?
No, I'm saying you could just write the tags out yourself. That's what I've always done. Though if you don't want to do that there is a button that would achieve the same thing as the function the old board performed. It's the button at the top that looks like a torn sheet of paper and if you hover over it it will say "Insert..." Upon clicking the button you'll have several options, including "Quote."

This is an example of using the quote button.

No, I'm saying you could just write the tags out yourself. That's what I've always done. Though if you don't want to do that there is a button that would achieve the same thing as the function the old board performed. It's the button at the top that looks like a torn sheet of paper and if you hover over it it will say "Insert..." Upon clicking the button you'll have several options, including "Quote."

Thank you. This one was useful for me also.
tiny-smiley-face.jpg

Hit "Reply" in the lower right hand corner of the post you want to quote to quote only that person, or "+Quote" to left of it to quote multiple posts.
I am wondering how to hit Quick Reply ( from the former board ) to respond to the first post on the first page of an OP without quoting a post.

For example, in the past I liked to go to the first page of the Quote for the Day, OP and place a quote from there, using Quick Reply. It was faster, but I don't see that option, today.

I am wondering how to hit Quick Reply ( from the former board ) to respond to the first post on the first page of an OP without quoting a post.

For example, in the past I liked to go to the first page of the Quote for the Day, OP and place a quote from there, using Quick Reply. It was faster, but I don't see that option, today.
I don't see an option for that one. Might need to discuss it with the staff.

I don't see an option for that one. Might need to discuss it with the staff.

Please ignore this. I am just testing.

Forum List

Back