Realtor.com removed all crime states from its listings

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I read through real estate listings kind of frequently but I've never noticed this before.

I wonder why they decided to remove the crime data. Something about the Fair Housing Act, I assume is the officialdom.

The doublespeak is truly hilarious, though...

GFilUI5W4AQQK_8

Scroll down to the bottom to see their Updated policy....

How are they providing the "most valuable, fair and accurate neighborhood data" if they're afraid to include data about crime?

:laughing0301:

"Update: We recently removed all crime data from Realtor.com®. As part of our commitment to fair housing, we want to ensure we are providing you with the most valuable, fair and accurate neighborhood data so you can make informed decisions about where you want to rent or purchase your next home."

I read through real estate listings kind of frequently but I've never noticed this before.

I wonder why they decided to remove the crime data. Something about the Fair Housing Act, I assume is the officialdom.

GFilUI5W4AQQK_8

Google maps should have it which is still attached to Realtor dot com property profiles. Should always do a flood and crime zone map, noise map as well, then check the zip in demographics searches.

It's been going on for a while.

I was thinking about moving to Ohio and had to go to each county to get their property crime rates.

A lot of the small towns in OH have been plagued by WV pillbillys/methheads and property crime is through the roof.

Even some of the more affluent lake towns suffer the same thing because a lot of properties are just used in the warmer months.

Google maps should have it which is still attached to Realtor dot com property profiles. Should always do a flood and crime zone map, noise map as well, then check the zip in demographics searches.

They could just post this map to let people know which areas to avoid. :laughing0301:

1707149050037.jpeg

The future of America is gated communities with private security forces.

The Democrats can't sell their house in their crime infested cities.
Who would want to buy a house in a crime infested Democrat city.

I noticed that Joe Biden's home town of Wilmington, Delaware is doing a bit better in the crime department using this source...

This time last year it happened to be safer than 1% of the sum of all American neighborhoods, with only a 1 in 67 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime...

screen-shot-2023-02-25-at-12-56-20-pm-jpg.760388

screen-shot-2023-02-25-at-12-56-57-pm-jpg.760389

It has since improved this year in that now it happens to be safer than 2% of the sum of all American neighborhoods, with only a 1 in 79 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime...

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Screen Shot 13.jpg

Of course, the rest of the country seems as if it is suddenly becoming much more violent on the national level over the last few years.

I haven't yet deduced the common denominator. Hm. Gonna have to think in it.

Anyway, that's one good source for neighborhood crime data that I found.

I'll have to remember to check out Google Maps to see what they have.

Last edited:
It's been going on for a while.

I was thinking about moving to Ohio and had to go to each county to get their property crime rates.

A lot of the small towns in OH have been plagued by WV pillbillys/methheads and property crime is through the roof.

Even some of the more affluent lake towns suffer the same thing because a lot of properties are just used in the warmer months.

I was looking at Cape Coral Florida pretty hard a couple of years ago.

But they have those freakin dinosaurs jumping out of ponds, snatching people up for lunch and then just casually walking around the neighborhoods and then those giant anacondas, they can kiss mah ass, too.

GFilUI5W4AQQK_8

The removed all crime data so people can make "informed decisions"?

LOL, that's 100% DemoKKKrat logic right there. A lot like letting people steal whatever they want so they won't burn down stores.

I was looking at Cape Coral Florida pretty hard a couple of years ago.

But they have those freakin dinosaurs jumping out of ponds, snatching people up for lunch and then just casually walking around the neighborhoods and then those giant anacondas, they can kiss mah ass, too.
I'd take my chances with Gators-n-Snakes before WV Pillbillys and Methheads.

I was talking with a former co-worker that lives in Romney, WV a few weeks back and he said when you go to the store you have to go in pairs.....One to shop, the other to watch your truck.

The only safe place is the PO, it's a fed beef if they steal from you there.

I'd take my chances with Gators-n-Snakes before WV Pillbillys and Methheads.

I was talking with a former co-worker that lives in Romney, WV a few weeks back and he said when you go to the store you have to go in pairs.....One to shop, the other to watch your truck.

The only safe place is the PO, it's a fed beef if they steal from you there.

Yeah, I was reading an article about what's going on in WV a week or so ago. In fact, I may have found it by doing a casual search whenever you had mentioned about it, just out of curiosity.

It seems like they have a really bad drug epidemic down there. Particularly with the meth stuff. I don't even know what meth is, honestly, and have never been particularly interested in looking it up to see, but seems to be bad stuff. I've seen pictures of what they call ''meth heads.''

The removed all crime data so people can make "informed decisions"?

LOL, that's 100% DemoKKKrat logic right there. A lot like letting people steal whatever they want so they won't burn down stores.

I looked into it after I read that. Apparently it has to do with the Fair Housing Act.

Which is what I found so humorous in the doublespeak.

Ironic that housing prices in the crime infested cities is far more expensive aka desirable than those in the sticks.

Apparently the data is misleading and discriminatory in their minds

Except if you were near the capitol on J6. Even if not going inside or causing mayhem, the government is accusing many people of a crime anyway, then seeing to it they are put on a database where they cannot buy a house or open bank accounts, etc., despite never being /convicted/ or proven of anything.

The future of America is gated communities with private security forces.

Probably. There is a controversial proposed development in our area that will essentially be a gated town with residents-only shopping and professional services.

Forum List

Back