Zone1 How Do We Know There Is A God?

I think you way over estimate the role churches play in people's lives. You should spend more of your time being happy living your life rather than worrying what other people do.
Caring people do worry about others Ding.

Or, go back to Christmas. What was the lesson of the day? What changes have been incorporated into one's personal life?
The lesson for me was once again that greed was the most powerful message coming out of the holidays. I tried to ignore it.

I think you're right to say that there's no lasting positive message that could come out of church yesterday.

America's Christmas always makes me think of Mark Twain's War Prayer.

Even I'm trying to figure that out right now as I currently am going through a lot of stuff at the moment that I would think that my faith would decline but it hasn't. I used to doubt His existence like crazy and now my heart just knows. I'm not really sure how either it just does.

For every person like you who "knows" your god exists, there are two people who "know" it doesn't.

I think you're right to say that there's no lasting positive message that could come out of church yesterday.
Yesterday the Catholic/Orthodox readings were about families, the Gospel centered on the Holy family. The first reading was from Sirach who noted a mother's authority over her sons, and how we should treat our parents even though they be old and feeble. What are our duties/responsibilities? What healing needs to take place within our families...

Also mentioned was how marriage and families have been decreasing over the past sixty years.

Yesterday the Catholic/Orthodox readings were about families, the Gospel centered on the Holy family. The first reading was from Sirach who noted a mother's authority over her sons, and how we should treat our parents even though they be old and feeble. What are our duties/responsibilities? What healing needs to take place within our families...

Also mentioned was how marriage and families have been decreasing over the past sixty years.
I would have expected that you would remember it for a day or two at least.

Is it a good message to promote a mother's authority over her sons. From an atheists POV, my mother's authority is acknowledged as much as is deserving. Wouldn't you feel the same way? What's right doesn't need fixing.

How can you grant your mother more authority?

Is it a good message to promote a mother's authority over her sons. From an atheists POV, my mother's authority is acknowledged as much as is deserving. Wouldn't you feel the same way? What's right doesn't need fixing.
Sure. All eight of us were never in doubt of our mother's authority--both sons and daughters. What would need fixing would be if a child did not acknowledge his/her mother's authority.

there is a difference for who commits the crime and those who are subjected to them -

as the two above are excellent examples.
The Christian churches have influenced societies and no modern society more than America.

Has America gained anything from it, to compare to other countries?

Religious beliefs justify wars, much more than it dissuades them.

What countries start the least number of wars? China would have to be considered.

Three quick reasons are...

Because order comes from chaos. Because the law of right and wrong is written into our being. Because it's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence, not being created from pre-existing matter and was predestined to produce beings that know and create through the laws of nature and the very fabric of matter/energy.

But there are many more good reasons.
Ice cream..

Sure. All eight of us were never in doubt of our mother's authority--both sons and daughters. What would need fixing would be if a child did not acknowledge his/her mother's authority.
All 8 of you respected your mother's authority to the correct amount.

Sometimes a child's authority should overrule the mother's. Some mothers must tell their child to go out and rob a 7/11.
Do you get the point?

It's a lot like respect. Some mothers must demand respect when they're not deserving. Some children come out of it better for the experience than their mothers.

I'm just wondering how any of the congregation could act on the advice. Atheists ask questions.

Three quick reasons are...

Because order comes from chaos. Because the law of right and wrong is written into our being. Because it's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence, not being created from pre-existing matter and was predestined to produce beings that know and create through the laws of nature and the very fabric of matter/energy.
Your church has granted you the right to believe whatever you like. Most Catholics don't believe that which you've listed as your beliefs.

You don't hear Meriweather mocking others for what they believe.

All 8 of you respected your mother's authority to the correct amount.

Sometimes a child's authority should overrule the mother's. Some mothers must tell their child to go out and rob a 7/11.
Do you get the point?

It's a lot like respect. Some mothers must demand respect when they're not deserving. Some children come out of it better for the experience than their mothers.

I'm just wondering how any of the congregation could act on the advice. Atheists ask questions.
This is going into the "What ifs..." A mother's authority does not supersedes God's authority or what is right and what is wrong. It does not include suffering abuse.

God is everywhere, everything and everyone. God loves you unconditionally and wants the best for you.

Your church has granted you the right to believe whatever you like. Most Catholics don't believe that which you've listed as your beliefs.

You don't hear Meriweather mocking others for what they believe.
That's not entirely accurate, but you have never been one to accurately state the position of others.

Who do you think I am mocking?

Caring people do worry about others Ding.
Sure, some of the time. I think you see yourself as more caring than you are though. It's usually a good practice to underestimate one's own strengths and overestimate one's own weaknesses than it is to underestimate the strength of others and overestimate the weaknesses of others.

But don't take my word for it, keep doing exactly what you are doing and live with the results. I know better. I've tested them both.

God is everywhere, everything and everyone. God loves you unconditionally and wants the best for you.

are you being serious -

the spirit is inviolable, self determination is what is required for someone so wishing to be admitted to the everlasting - or simply perish - or the heavens may not be able to violate your spirit, they can destroy it altogether if necessary.

Even I'm trying to figure that out right now as I currently am going through a lot of stuff at the moment that I would think that my faith would decline but it hasn't. I used to doubt His existence like crazy and now my heart just knows. I'm not really sure how either it just does.
Jesus is either the most famous delusional suicidal man in history or he was who he said he was.

are you being serious -

the spirit is inviolable, self determination is what is required for someone so wishing to be admitted to the everlasting - or simply perish - or the heavens may not be able to violate your spirit, they can destroy it altogether if necessary.
The spirit is God.

How so are they examples of that?

their acquiescence ...

1704330371854.jpeg

the brutality of christianity escapes their judgement. they address to others.

Forum List

Back