Zone1 How Do We Know There Is A God?

True, good point.

Yeah well I know what you're saying, but there have been eyewitness accounts to Bigfoot too so that doesn't say much if you're just going by the Bible.

Not true. If it were, I would still be afraid of monsters underneath my bed and in my closet.
And the ark with the giraffe heads sticking out holes in the roof.

Even I'm trying to figure that out right now as I currently am going through a lot of stuff at the moment that I would think that my faith would decline but it hasn't. I used to doubt His existence like crazy and now my heart just knows. I'm not really sure how either it just does.
The belief in God is a deeply personal and individual experience, and it can be shaped by a variety of factors including personal experiences, upbringing, cultural influences, and spiritual insights.

For some, the existence of God is affirmed through personal experiences of divine intervention, answered prayers, or a sense of spiritual presence. For others, the existence of God may be inferred through philosophical or theological reasoning, or through the study of religious texts and traditions.

Ultimately, the question of whether or not there is a God is a complex and profound one that may not have a definitive answer. It is natural for individuals to grapple with doubts and uncertainties about their faith, and it is also natural for faith to evolve and deepen over time.

Do you think it is important to continue exploring and seeking understanding in matters of faith, and to remain open to the possibility of spiritual growth and transformation? Make your own decision! :)

Even I'm trying to figure that out right now as I currently am going through a lot of stuff at the moment that I would think that my faith would decline but it hasn't. I used to doubt His existence like crazy and now my heart just knows. I'm not really sure how either it just does.
The heart knows things? Euphemistic statements are sweet, but could you be more specific?

Your mind, you're imagination or what?

The belief in God is a deeply personal and individual experience, and it can be shaped by a variety of factors including personal experiences, upbringing, cultural influences, and spiritual insights.

For some, the existence of God is affirmed through personal experiences of divine intervention, answered prayers, or a sense of spiritual presence. For others, the existence of God may be inferred through philosophical or theological reasoning, or through the study of religious texts and traditions.

Ultimately, the question of whether or not there is a God is a complex and profound one that may not have a definitive answer. It is natural for individuals to grapple with doubts and uncertainties about their faith, and it is also natural for faith to evolve and deepen over time.

Do you think it is important to continue exploring and seeking understanding in matters of faith, and to remain open to the possibility of spiritual growth and transformation? Make your own decision! :)
The belief vs the existence? Belief in an existence is much different that proof of an existence. And whether or not there is a god, depends on a belief system. Is it really natural for beliefs to evolve and deepen? Isn't it true that beliefs can wane and fade away? Matters of faith are about beliefs. People are known to believe many things that are simply not true. Belief equals nothing more than just that -- belief. Being open to any possibility of growth or transformation regarding spirituality, does not equate what I believe you imply.

True, good point.

Yeah well I know what you're saying, but there have been eyewitness accounts to Bigfoot too so that doesn't say much if you're just going by the Bible.

Not true. If it were, I would still be afraid of monsters underneath my bed and in my closet.
What else are ya going to by? Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

What else are ya going to by? Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

I didn't say that it didn't, but using the words "eye witnesses" doesn't necessarily mean that it's fact because there are so many eye witnesses today that claim that they have seen something happen when all it is is just made-up trash by the media so my point was that I think you could have put it in a better and different way.

I didn't say that it didn't, but using the words "eye witnesses" doesn't necessarily mean that it's fact because there are so many eye witnesses today that claim that they have seen something happen when all it is is just made-up trash by the media so my point was that I think you could have put it in a better and different way.
Whatever

And besides that the eye witnesses of the Bible lived thousands of years ago and there's not a single person alive today that can confirm them so we go by faith alone. It's the truth even if you might not like it. Besides, I would think that you of all people could see what I'm talking about in my example since you know and have seen and experienced what the left is capable of.

And yet, if you don't believe and He does exist, you have lost everything, for eternity...

too bad ram - that has nothing to do w/ freeing your spirit to become eligible for judgement - far less likely for a sinner as being impossible than a non believer.

too bad ram - that has nothing to do w/ freeing your spirit to become eligible for judgement - far less likely for a sinner as being impossible than a non believer.

Why on earth would I want to be eligible for judgement?
Christ nailed my sin on the cross. According to my Father, the only judgement in my future is the Bema seat Judgment where my rewards are determined.

You got it! There is no need to seek what just is. Stillness of useless thinking and just being aware with no judgement is the key.

The Lord Jesus Christ in his great sermon on the mount has left us this promise:

Matthew 7:7-11
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

James, an Apostle of Jesus Christ has taught us the following:

James 1:5-7
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

This is the way to know there is a God. Seek and ye shall find!

And besides that the eye witnesses of the Bible lived thousands of years ago and there's not a single person alive today that can confirm them so we go by faith alone. It's the truth even if you might not like it. Besides, I would think that you of all people could see what I'm talking about in my example since you know and have seen and experienced what the left is capable of.
There are people who believe that they can confirm the existence of God. Here is one. Read her story, see her paintings.
1704109947759.jpeg

There are many other empirical "proofs". One "proof" being the creation of the universe via the "big bang". I believe that the creation of the universe was intelligently designed, there are too many super-precise settings for it to have been a random accident.
Bernard Haisch wrote several books on God. Bernard was a seminarian before he became an astrophysicist.

- far less likely for a sinner as being impossible than a non believer.
Why on earth would I want to be eligible for judgement?
Christ nailed my sin on the cross. According to my Father, the only judgement in my future is the Bema seat Judgment where my rewards are determined.

reading a book isn't a ticket to the everlasting, not sinning is - sin no more ... what are the sins you continue to make, ram. that is what is judged maybe you are just lazy.

rewrite that book as jesus would have written those text - liberation theology, self determination.

not a religion of servitude and denial.

Darwin tells your church from where humans are descended, and your church has told you.

They provide you the slack of you not having to believe it though.
I think you way over estimate the role churches play in people's lives. You should spend more of your time being happy living your life rather than worrying what other people do.

I think you way over estimate the role churches play in people's lives.
This is an excellent point. Today is Monday. How many people who were in church yesterday remember the readings/homilies and what lesson they are to try to incorporate into their own lives this week? Or, go back to Christmas. What was the lesson of the day? What changes have been incorporated into one's personal life?

Forum List

Back