How Do Arming Teacher Opponents Propose To Protect Schools ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Lately, I've been hearing quite a few people (mostly Democrats) objecting to the idea of arming and training school employees to act as volunteer, school , safety officers.

Well, the schools must be protected, and right away. How do these people propose to protect the schools, and everyone in them, from mass shooters ? Do they have an idea-plan, or are they just spouting their feelings, without any solution of their own ? If they have a solution, let's hear it.

Lately, I've been hearing quite a few people (mostly Democrats) objecting to the idea of arming and training school employees to act as volunteer, school , safety officers.

Well, the schools must be protected, and right away. How do these people propose to protect the schools, and everyone in them, from mass shooters ? Do they have an idea-plan, or are they just spouting their feelings, without any solution of their own ? If they have a solution, let's hear it.

IMO teachers do not need to be armed. I'm not against it at all but I don't think it should be the first line of defense.

I've been saying all along that no one asks how these people just seem to be able to walk into a school with rifles or any firearm for that matter.

Adam Lanza shot open a mostly glass door
The kids from columbine came in hours after the first bell via an unlocked unmonitored entrance.

Some student in FL opened the door for the shooter even though he had no business being on school property.

Why not control access to the building first as securing entry to any building is the very first and arguably most important part of the plan.

We've already posted to this problem, though USMA said the thread was 'NA.' This means that you can either show us that you found that thread or continue by ignoring progressive thought. We can go elsewhere. Do you want to make your thread susceptible to the castration of the dissident voice, or not?

We've already posted to this problem, though USMA said the thread was 'NA.' This means that you can either show us that you found that thread or continue by ignoring progressive thought. We can go elsewhere. Do you want to make your thread susceptible to the castration of the dissident voice, or not?
What?

Was that even a complete sentence?

One district has common sense ...well done

Illinois School District Moves to Arm Teachers to Ensure ‘Kids Are Safe’

Illinois’ Century School District is moving to arm teachers as a way to ensure “kids are safe” from an attack like the one witnessed in Florida on February 14.

WSIL quoted school district board member Keith Clark saying, “We arm our Brink’s trucks because we hold value in it. We appoint security to guard our legislators, to guard our movie stars, but yet our most valuable asset in our society are our children and we do nothing.”

Century’s superintendent, Landon Sommers, pointed out that the school has new doors, metal detectors, and cameras, but armed teachers would add another defensive layer to make sure that “kids are safe.”

Sommers said, “It’s disheartening being in education having this conversation, but with everything going on it’s a conversation we have to have.”

Illinois School District Moves to Arm Teachers to Ensure 'Kids Are Safe'

IMO teachers do not need to be armed. I'm not against it at all but I don't think it should be the first line of defense.

I've been saying all along that no one asks how these people just seem to be able to walk into a school with rifles or any firearm for that matter.

The kids from columbine came in hours after the first bell via an unlocked unmonitored entrance.

Some student in FL opened the door for the shooter even though he had no business being on school property.

Why not control access to the building first as securing entry to any building is the very first and arguably most important part of the plan.
Good idea. Also, interior doors should be locked, so a bad guy can't just walk right in to a classrom

#4 is a coward. Any part of your mother tongue that you did not understand?

Dipshit #6: we mentioned it before you did, and we're not timid to say that. You too must be a coward without the stones to admit it, when others can go to the thread to see for themselves. The idea actually happened last night when we imagined being in the hall with the teacher who saw the armor. Did the first roller know about the armor, or not? You can't answer.

#4 is a coward. Any part of your mother tongue that you did not understand?

I agree with Skull here. Your post was incoherent. And no idea what "USMA" means. Let alone "Dipshit #6" and all these arcane references to some thread somewhere.

:dunno:

Dipshit #6: we mentioned it before you did, and we're not timid to say that. You too must be a coward without the stones to admit it, when others can go to the thread to see for themselves. The idea actually happened last night when we imagined being in the hall with the teacher who saw the armor. Did the first roller know about the armor, or not? You can't answer.
Since you can't read I am not the one who started this thread

and learn how to use the quote function

We know from mass shooters who were captured and from the notes of dead mass shooters that they chose gun free zones for their shootings....even the Sandy Hook shooter passed up the high school which was between his house and the elementary school because the high school had armed resource officers....the elementary school did not.

Simply by telling potential shooters that people will shoot back at them, will make them choose another target. As I keep pointing out, they are not looking for a gun fight......they are looking for a high body count, in order to surpass that last mass shooter in the news.....that is why as soon as they are confronted by a civilian or a cop with a gun, they commit suicide, surrender or run away.

Simply getting rid of gun free zones will eliminate potential targets for these morons...

That's good.....but they plan 6 months to 2 years on advance.....they will have plans for getting into the building...

I agree with Skull here. Your post was incoherent. And no idea what "USMA" means. Let alone "Dipshit #6" and all these arcane references to some thread somewhere.

:dunno:
I always knew I would someday agree with Pogo on something. On this agree.

We know from mass shooters who were captured and from the notes of dead mass shooters that they chose gun free zones for their shootings....even the Sandy Hook shooter passed up the high school which was between his house and the elementary school because the high school had armed resource officers....the elementary school did not.

Simply by telling potential shooters that people will shoot back at them, will make them choose another target. As I keep pointing out, they are not looking for a gun fight......they are looking for a high body count, in order to surpass that last mass shooter in the news.....that is why as soon as they are confronted by a civilian or a cop with a gun, they commit suicide, surrender or run away.

Simply getting rid of gun free zones will eliminate potential targets for these morons...
No question about it. Gun free zones have got to go. The only reason why a lot of Republicans voted these abominations into law (Crime Control Act of 1990), is because the gun-free zone item was one item wrapped up in a bill with 11 other items, which were desired.

Take guns away from obvious RW Trumpian lunatics like Cruz
Don't sell AR-s to anyone under 21
Universal background checks
Better doors, locks and and foolproof fire alarms systems
One highly trained armed law enforcement professional for every 500-1000 students on a campus

That's good.....but they plan 6 months to 2 years on advance.....they will have plans for getting into the building...
A complete security system is a desirable thing.

1. Cameras all over the school (inside & outside)

2. Security personnel monitoring the cameras on a computer screen.

2. System can be set to have alarms (visual & audible) go off when there is movement in front of the camera.

With a system like this, + armed guards, Cruz would never have even made it to the front door.

A complete security system is a desirable thing.

1. Cameras all over the school (inside & outside)

2. Security personnel monitoring the cameras on a computer screen.

2. System can be set to have alarms (visual & audible) go off when there is movement in front of the camera.

With a system like this, + armed guards, Cruz would never have even made it to the front door.

The "armed guards" is the most important part........if a shooter goes in winter with a coat........he will likely be buzzed in before anyone realizes he is a killer...

The left created gun free zones. Because of that stupidity, they are in no position to give an opinion to what will work in schools and what won't.

Mark

Call 911... for first responding LEO's to help clean up the carnage...

Forum List

Back