How Do Arming Teacher Opponents Propose To Protect Schools ?

Take guns away from obvious RW Trumpian lunatics like Cruz
Don't sell AR-s to anyone under 21
Universal background checks
Better doors, locks and and foolproof fire alarms systems
One highly trained armed law enforcement professional for every 500-1000 students on a campus
:disagree: .....and......:iagree:

AR is no different than a handgun. Both are semiautomatic.

I'd wouldn't take a gun away from a 20 year old single mom with 2 kids, needing to defend themselves (as long as she has no criminal record)

I don't know what you mean by "universal"

Agree about doors, locks and and foolproof fire alarms

Totally disagree about having only ONE armed law enforcement professional for every 500-1000 students. One is not enough, and why does it have to be law enforcement ? Security guard are adequate as long as they're trained and licensed - same with school emloyees.

Lately, I've been hearing quite a few people (mostly Democrats) objecting to the idea of arming and training school employees to act as volunteer, school , safety officers.

Well, the schools must be protected, and right away. How do these people propose to protect the schools, and everyone in them, from mass shooters ? Do they have an idea-plan, or are they just spouting their feelings, without any solution of their own ? If they have a solution, let's hear it.

One highly trained armed law enforcement professional for every 500-1000 students on a campus

Average age of mass shooters is 33. Age of inner city gang bangers who kill each other....15-17.

Universal background checks.....

Mass shooters all passed one or more federally mandated background checks which means they could also pass any background check on a private sale of a gun......or they stole their guns...which doesn't require any background check. Criminals use straw buyers who can also pass any and all background checks...or they steal their guns.

The only reason anti gunners push universal background checks is so they have the power to demand universal gun registration...which they need first, before they try to ban and confiscate guns....which is the sequence that happened in Germany, Britain, Australia, Canada, New York, California.....

Good idea......until the mass shooter......who we know will plan the shooting 6 months to 2 years in advance, is buzzed through the security doors by a secretary or bored security guard who will promptly be shot by the mass shooter once they are let in the building....that is why we need armed security and/or armed staff...

You mean like the Broward County sheriff/resource officer? The key is to get rid of the gun free zone and allow normal people to carry their legal guns on campus....and to also allow staff to carry guns....

:disagree: .....and......:iagree:

AR is no different than a handgun. Both are semiautomatic.

I'd wouldn't take a gun away from a 20 year old single mom with 2 kids, needing to defend themselves (as long as she has no criminal record)

I don't know what you mean by "universal"

Agree about doors, locks and and foolproof fire alarms

Totally disagree about having only ONE armed law enforcement professional for every 500-1000 students. One is not enough, and why does it have to be law enforcement ? Security guard are adequate as long as they're trained and licensed - same with school emloyees.

Excellent point.....I plan on stealing it.......Rich Lowry made the same point on the Dan and Amy show today here in Chicago...at 17 if someone graduates from high school at that age, they can have a family....and the democrats are saying they can't have a gun to defend that family, even in democrat shooting galleries like Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis, D.C.......

Excellent point.....I plan on stealing it.......Rich Lowry made the same point on the Dan and Amy show today here in Chicago...at 17 if someone graduates from high school at that age, they can have a family....and the democrats are saying they can't have a gun to defend that family, even in democrat shooting galleries like Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis, D.C.......

Is Rich Lowry over Mooseknuckle Gidget yet? :D

I’m sure I’m not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, “Hey, I think she just winked at me.” And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can’t be learned; it’s either something you have or you don’t, and man, she’s got it.​

290430150_2077555.gif

Democrats are really diving headfirst into the lunatic fringe on this issue. Some are saying no guns in schools (at all) Wow!

Is Rich Lowry over Mooseknuckle Gidget yet? :D

I’m sure I’m not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, “Hey, I think she just winked at me.” And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can’t be learned; it’s either something you have or you don’t, and man, she’s got it.​

290430150_2077555.gif

upload_2018-2-28_12-15-28.png

Lately, I've been hearing quite a few people (mostly Democrats) objecting to the idea of arming and training school employees to act as volunteer, school , safety officers.

Well, the schools must be protected, and right away. How do these people propose to protect the schools, and everyone in them, from mass shooters ? Do they have an idea-plan, or are they just spouting their feelings, without any solution of their own ? If they have a solution, let's hear it.
Loaded question fallacy.

IMO teachers do not need to be armed. I'm not against it at all but I don't think it should be the first line of defense.

I've been saying all along that no one asks how these people just seem to be able to walk into a school with rifles or any firearm for that matter.

Adam Lanza shot open a mostly glass door
The kids from columbine came in hours after the first bell via an unlocked unmonitored entrance.

Some student in FL opened the door for the shooter even though he had no business being on school property.

Why not control access to the building first as securing entry to any building is the very first and arguably most important part of the plan.

That's good.....but they plan 6 months to 2 years on advance.....they will have plans for getting into the building...

If entry was controlled it would be more difficult and allow more time for law enforcement to respond

Don't ignore the good in favor of the perfect

If there was only one way to get in it would be a lot harder for someone to walk in with a bag full of guns

Exit and entry is problematic, especially on the first floor. The partitioning system would be activated by the first responder, at which point all the Rollers and SWAT know the GPS and code # of the first responder, teacher, shrink, janitor, etc. Cooking-oil baptism drops the shooter in seconds, (no exceptions) already and suredly captured between the partitions, located at hall entry points, stairwells, etc., hostages or not. Anyone contemplating against such a system is mad or suicidal. The oil makes the shooter (feel [italics]) like a fool slipping around uncoordinatedly like that, providing protection to as many people as possible under the circumstances. Duh.

Forum List

Back