Survivor of the Columbine shooting is vocal supporter of the 2nd Amendment.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
He survived the attack at Columbine, having been shot in the process....now he is a vocal supporter of gun Rights.....

“It’s maddening that we go straight to a gun control debate,” Evan Todd, a survivor of the notorious 1999 Columbine High School shooting, told me on this week’s episode of “Higher Ground With Billy Hallowell” podcast (subscribe here). “Because, in the end, that will not solve the problem.”
Mr. Todd knows firsthand what true depravity and wickedness look like. He was inside the library at his school in Littleton, Colorado, on April 20, 1999, when two student gunmen slaughtered 12 students and a teacher before turning their guns on themselves.
Not only was Mr. Todd shot during the ordeal, but he was also the last person to speak with the gunmen, somehow convincing them not to take his life.
Since the shooting, however, Mr. Todd has emerged as a vocal proponent of the Second Amendment, departing from comments and proclamations made by other mass shooting survivors who have vociferously pushed politicians for stricter gun control measures.
For Mr. Todd, the answers to our gun violence woes are more rooted in school safety than in cracking down on constitutional freedoms.

“The first thing that we should be saying as parents is [that] we need to secure and protect our schools,” Mr. Todd said. “That is the first step we should be taking.”

The original article linked above...

Rather than going after guns, Mr. Todd wants to see armed responses more prepared to confront the threats in schools and other localities.

“The solution is to physically stop them,” he said. “If you look at every single one of these that has happened over the last 25 years since Columbine, and even before then, they are stopped when someone confronts the shooter, and a vast majority at the time that’s an armed person.”

Mr. Todd continued, “Whether it’s an armed citizen who has taken it upon themselves to get trained, or an armed teacher, or a security guard — or eventually even a law enforcement officer — these things stop every single time when [the shooters] are finally confronted by somebody, and that’s what we need to do.”

He reflected on his own experience inside the Columbine library on that fateful day, recalling how the two killers “joked about putting their guns aside … and starting to knife people to death,” as they openly acknowledged there was no one at the school who could stop their rampage.

“They were so comfortable with not being pursued or stopped at that moment that they just moved nonchalantly and were murdering people,” Mr. Todd said.

It’s for these reasons Mr. Todd has also been an outspoken advocate of training and arming teachers and staff at schools, especially when funds aren’t available to pay school resource officers or enact other costly security measures.

He survived the attack at Columbine, having been shot in the process....now he is a vocal supporter of gun Rights.....

The original article linked above...

Rather than going after guns, Mr. Todd wants to see armed responses more prepared to confront the threats in schools and other localities.

“The solution is to physically stop them,” he said. “If you look at every single one of these that has happened over the last 25 years since Columbine, and even before then, they are stopped when someone confronts the shooter, and a vast majority at the time that’s an armed person.”

Mr. Todd continued, “Whether it’s an armed citizen who has taken it upon themselves to get trained, or an armed teacher, or a security guard — or eventually even a law enforcement officer — these things stop every single time when [the shooters] are finally confronted by somebody, and that’s what we need to do.”

He reflected on his own experience inside the Columbine library on that fateful day, recalling how the two killers “joked about putting their guns aside … and starting to knife people to death,” as they openly acknowledged there was no one at the school who could stop their rampage.

“They were so comfortable with not being pursued or stopped at that moment that they just moved nonchalantly and were murdering people,” Mr. Todd said.

It’s for these reasons Mr. Todd has also been an outspoken advocate of training and arming teachers and staff at schools, especially when funds aren’t available to pay school resource officers or enact other costly security measures.

Do you know if any Dem politicians have chased him down and harrassed him because he dares to have different beliefs then their own?

More guns or less guns are not the problem or the solution. But there's no sense in not trying new solutions to America's deaths by gun epidemic.

What won't be entertained is the fact that a culture of death, murder by gun, and continuous wars, are the causes that motivate Americans to kill.

More guns or less guns are not the problem or the solution. But there's no sense in not trying new solutions to America's deaths by gun epidemic.

What won't be entertained is the fact that a culture of death, murder by gun, and continuous wars, are the causes that motivate Americans to kill.
I'd disagree .. media sensationalizes these mass shootings .. and that does nothing but encourage would-be, mentally ill individuals to follow suit. Their 15 minutes of fame puts their name in the history books.

Democrats focus on the outcomes .. and government should focus on the problem (which isn't firearms).

Not yet. Give it some time!!
You know this guy has been saying this for a while, right? He has even been interviewed by mainstream media (very respectfully, I might add) for a long time now, right?

So, wondering when the Dems are going to do an MTG on this guy's ass? The Dems are just so lazy.

I'd disagree .. media sensationalizes these mass shootings .. and that does nothing but encourage would-be, mentally ill individuals to follow suit. Their 15 minutes of fame puts their name in the history books.
I wouldn't rule out media having a negative influence on potential shooters. But I wouldn't accept the idea either without some specific evidence to back the claim.
Democrats focus on the outcomes ..
They don't know what else to focus on.
and government should focus on the problem (which isn't firearms).
We agree that the problem isn't guns, but what is the problem?
At least we can first agree that America has a problem.

Let's have a closer look at your accusation of the media?

You know this guy has been saying this for a while, right? He has even been interviewed by mainstream media (very respectfully, I might add) for a long time now, right?

So, wondering when the Dems are going to do an MTG on this guy's ass? The Dems are just so lazy.
He just hasn't become mainstream to a high degree. The more influence he has over the masses, the quicker the American Pravda will attack and/or discredit. You know how it works.

He just hasn't become mainstream to a high degree. The more influence he has over the masses, the quicker the American Pravda will attack and/or discredit. You know how it works.
Really? You need to get out of the basement. Interview in Atlantic. (Pretty mainstream, no?)

AMERICA’S UNENDING TRAGEDY​

LITTLETON, Colo.—Evan Todd, then a sophomore at Columbine High School, was in the library on the day 19 years ago when Eric Harris appeared in the doorway, wielding a shotgun. Harris fired in his direction. Debris, shrapnel, and buckshot hit Todd’s lower back; he fell to the ground and ducked behind a copy machine. Harris fired several more shots toward Todd’s head, splintering a desk and driving wood chips into Todd’s left eye.

Todd listened for several more minutes as Harris and Dylan Klebold murdered their classmates, taunting them as they screamed. Todd prayed silently: “God, let me live.”
-----

But, I do get your point. There isn't any. No Dem, no MSM has gone after Evan Todd. Even though he dares to challenge the accepted orthodoxy.

The Dems really need to learn a lesson or two from the fascist Republicans, amIright? Repubs would never allow any other opinion except their own.

Really? You need to get out of the basement. Interview in Atlantic. (Pretty mainstream, no?)

AMERICA’S UNENDING TRAGEDY​

LITTLETON, Colo.—Evan Todd, then a sophomore at Columbine High School, was in the library on the day 19 years ago when Eric Harris appeared in the doorway, wielding a shotgun. Harris fired in his direction. Debris, shrapnel, and buckshot hit Todd’s lower back; he fell to the ground and ducked behind a copy machine. Harris fired several more shots toward Todd’s head, splintering a desk and driving wood chips into Todd’s left eye.

Todd listened for several more minutes as Harris and Dylan Klebold murdered their classmates, taunting them as they screamed. Todd prayed silently: “God, let me live.”
-----

But, I do get your point. There isn't any. No Dem, no MSM has gone after Evan Todd. Even though he dares to challenge the accepted orthodoxy.

The Dems really need to learn a lesson or two from the fascist Republicans, amIright? Repubs would never allow any other opinion except their own.
The Atlantic is a leftist rag.

But my earlier point is that this Todd fellow hasn't been that aggressively outspoken on the issue. Not like Ted Nugent or the GOA, etc.

You're a relic of a degenerate shithole of a nation that was founded in cowering and groveling before the same tyrant against which we Americans violently rebelled in order to establish our sovereignty and independence a a nation. You, personally, reflect the shame and cowardice in which your shithole nation was founded.

No American of any worth gives a shit what you think about anything to do with how we run our country.

The Atlantic is a leftist rag.

But my earlier point is that this Todd fellow hasn't been that aggressively outspoken on the issue. Not like Ted Nugent or the GOA, etc.

Yup, and a “leftist rag” that treated this guy with a lot of respect. Compare that to the nut job MTG.

Also, Ted Nugent is a media personality who lives for attention. He can be hardly compared to a victim of a school shooting.

Again, show me one Dem or a lib media that has so far disrespected this guy. Anyone who gone apeshit MTG on this guy. GO

Yup, and a “leftist rag” that treated this guy with a lot of respect. Compare that to the nut job MTG.

Also, Ted Nugent is a media personality who lives for attention. He can be hardly compared to a victim of a school shooting.

Again, show me one Dem or a lib media that has so far disrespected this guy. Anyone who gone apeshit MTG on this guy. GO
Granted, MTG is a nut job. You don't see me defending her. Especially after she dissed my lady, Boebert.

If Todd was influential enough to awaken America to the benefits of Gun ownership, then the left would villainize him.

Note: A conservative just noted in public that MTG is on the crazy side. Let's see how long it'll take a Lib to admit that Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Fetterman, et al., are also nut jobs.

Granted, MTG is a nut job. You don't see me defending her. Especially after she dissed my lady, Boebert.

If Todd was influential enough to awaken America to the benefits of Gun ownership, then the left would villainize him.

Note: A conservative just noted in public that MTG is on the crazy side. Let's see how long it'll take a Lib to admit that Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Fetterman, et al., are also nut jobs.
Seeing that of all the victims of the Columbine shooting, only one is going against the grain and has been pretty vocal so far… do a search. You will see that this guy is not that shy.

Problem with Dems is that they respect kids who have survived something horrific as a school shooting.

Fascist Repubs? Not so much.

That's why they support abortion, whereby over a million kids are brutally murdered every day.

And that's why they supporting allowing faggots, trannies, pedophiles, and other related fucked-up sexual perverts to go after kids.
Sure, we do. And we are coming to get you. One day, when you least expect it, we are going to change you to a tranny pedophile!!!!!

Be scared. Be very very scared. 😱:scared1:

Democrats focus on the outcomes .. and government should focus on the problem (which isn't firearms).
I dont negotiate my rights as an American with foreigners like Donald H

Our gun laws in America are none of his business

If the truth ever came out about the Columbine shooters being doped up with prescription drugs by the system that caused thoughts of suicide (and murder), heads would roll in the education system so the media generally ignored it and blamed guns.

Forum List

Back