How deep is the "deep state"?

I recently had the opportunity to meet with an officer in the US military and was disappointed in the "globalist" point of view. In spite of President Trump's respect for the military and efforts to improve their lives, this officer had a point of view that was hard to understand given the intelligence and position of the officer.

It represented to me a sad state of the "deep state" i.e. people in power like this officer who seemed to forget that especially as a military officer being "apolitical" means not allowing personal preferences to affect their job.

But this officer's position is one that does influence congresspeople among others and what he shared in this meeting was frankly very disheartening as his political/globalist attitude doesn't help.

A couple examples from our conversation as to why I deemed him a "globalist" and frankly not representative of most Americans.

I will be happy to share if others wish as I don't want to bore people with a long missive at this point.
Suffice to say the couple of examples of his opinion was surprising at least to me as he comes from multi-generational American midwestern family.
So no one can disagree with Trump? No one should offer opposing viewpoints? There is a fundamental difference between disagreeing and disobeying.

I recently had the opportunity to meet with an officer in the US military and was disappointed in the "globalist" point of view. In spite of President Trump's respect for the military and efforts to improve their lives, this officer had a point of view that was hard to understand given the intelligence and position of the officer.

It represented to me a sad state of the "deep state" i.e. people in power like this officer who seemed to forget that especially as a military officer being "apolitical" means not allowing personal preferences to affect their job.

But this officer's position is one that does influence congresspeople among others and what he shared in this meeting was frankly very disheartening as his political/globalist attitude doesn't help.

A couple examples from our conversation as to why I deemed him a "globalist" and frankly not representative of most Americans.

I will be happy to share if others wish as I don't want to bore people with a long missive at this point.
Suffice to say the couple of examples of his opinion was surprising at least to me as he comes from multi-generational American midwestern family.
So no one can disagree with Trump? No one should offer opposing viewpoints? There is a fundamental difference between disagreeing and disobeying.
Trump is never gonna get used to how corporations and govts. work....I had a bitch of a time with the whole formal process and the detailed paperwork for dispositions..

You're correct....to a point.

When disagreeing leads to actions that harm the nation (ie open borders), then there's a difference
The borders have always been "open". It's the mere fact that employers prefer to hire illegals over citizens..
I can see why, apathy by the locals, poor work skills and performance, high pay demands...Compared to a scarred illegal that works everyday and works hard because that is what they are used to doing to "survive"...I never had a problem with working cause I always had stuff I wanted and no one was gonna do it fer me...

The deep state isn't very deep. It's right on the surface. By its nature it can't be very deep because the people who believe in and acknowledge the deep state only have the most superficial of mental abilities.
The Deep State is YUGE

That truck that you passed you on the street, the guy at the bar, that cute chick that winked at you........all DEEP STATE

WTF are you taking about? You give no examples of anything.
blah......blah.....blah...........

The borders have always been "open". It's the mere fact that employers prefer to hire illegals over citizens..
I can see why, apathy by the locals, poor work skills and performance, high pay demands...Compared to a scarred illegal that works everyday and works hard because that is what they are used to doing to "survive"...I never had a problem with working cause I always had stuff I wanted and no one was gonna do it fer me...

I can't totally disagree.....
Unfortunately I've seen my share of Americans on the job who's main objective every day was doing nothing as much as possible.

But there's a culture that created that mindset.....and it isn't of Conservative origin

deep state is just a name for anyone who has dedicated their life and career to their nation....

:rolleyes:

if you have worked in government longer than 5 years, you are the ''deep state''....

if you have any kind of experience and know how, you are the deep state!

just utter nonsense, where dedication and experience is the evil 'deep state'.... I call bull crap!

deep state is just a name for anyone who has dedicated their life and career to their nation....

:rolleyes:

if you have worked in government longer than 5 years, you are the ''deep state''....

if you have any kind of experience and know how, you are the deep state!

just utter nonsense, where dedication and experience is the evil 'deep state'.... I call bull crap!
The exception being military service for some reason...

Down in the "deep" canyons of the Grand Canyon one can feel the lack of political polarization as nature dominates...

Forum List

Back