How deep is the "deep state"?

A lot of the posts here are getting just .....way too stupid and off topic.
Angry people like Moonglow, HappyJoy and Newton doing nothing more than venting and poking.

Where's a good moderator when you really need one????

It's a conspiracy theory, the thread shouldn't even be in politics.

It's actually the only real thread about what's actually going on.

What you see on your TEEVEE is the conspiracy silly.

Of course it is Mr. Illuminati.

Public Troubled by ā€˜Deep Stateā€™
Public Troubled by ā€˜Deep Stateā€™ | Monmouth University Polling Institute | Monmouth University

"Bi-partisan concern that government is tracking U.S. citizens

West Long Branch, NJ ā€“ A majority of the American public believe that the U.S. government engages in widespread monitoring of its own citizens and worry that the U.S. government could be invading their own privacy. The Monmouth University Poll also finds a large bipartisan majority who feel that national policy is being manipulated or directed by a ā€œDeep Stateā€ of unelected government officials. Americans of color on the center and left and NRA members on the right are among those most worried about the reach of government prying into average citizensā€™ lives.

Just over half of the public is either very worried (23%) or somewhat worried (30%) about the U.S. government monitoring their activities and invading their privacy. There are no significant partisan differences ā€“ 57% of independents, 51% of Republicans, and 50% of Democrats are at least somewhat worried the federal government is monitoring their activities. Another 24% of the American public are not too worried and 22% are not at all worried.

Fully 8-in-10 believe that the U.S. government currently monitors or spies on the activities of American citizens, including a majority (53%) who say this activity is widespread and another 29% who say such monitoring happens but is not widespread. Just 14% say this monitoring does not happen at all. There are no substantial partisan differences in these results.

ā€œThis is a worrisome finding. The strength of our government relies on public faith in protecting our freedoms, which is not particularly robust. And itā€™s not a Democratic or Republican issue. These concerns span the political spectrum,ā€ said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute.

Few Americans (18%) say government monitoring or spying on U.S. citizens is usually justified, with most (53%) saying it is only sometimes justified. Another 28% say this activity is rarely or never justified. Democrats (30%) and independents (31%) are somewhat more likely than Republicans (21%) to say government monitoring of U.S. citizens is rarely or never justified.

Turning to the Washington political infrastructure as a whole, 6-in-10 Americans (60%) feel that unelected or appointed government officials have too much influence in determining federal policy. Just 26% say the right balance of power exists between elected and unelected officials in determining policy. Democrats (59%), Republicans (59%) and independents (62%) agree that appointed officials hold too much sway in the federal government.

ā€œWe usually expect opinions on the operation of government to shift depending on which party is in charge. But thereā€™s an ominous feeling by Democrats and Republicans alike that a ā€˜Deep Stateā€™ of unelected operatives are pulling the levers of power,ā€ said Murray.

Few Americans (13%) are very familiar with the term ā€œDeep State;ā€ another 24% are somewhat familiar, while 63% say they are not familiar with this term. However, when the term is described as a group of unelected government and military officials who secretly manipulate or direct national policy, nearly 3-in-4 (74%) say they believe this type of apparatus exists in Washington. This includes 27% who say it definitely exists and 47% who say it probably exists. Only 1-in-5 say it does not exist (16% probably not and 5% definitely not). Belief in the probable existence of a Deep State comes from more than 7-in-10 Americans in each partisan group, although Republicans (31%) and independents (33%) are somewhat more likely than Democrats (19%) to say that the Deep State definitely exists.. . . "

More at link along with PDF of survey results.

I think this is the best line from your post:

Few Americans (13%) are very familiar with the term ā€œDeep State;ā€

Clearly you aren't. You know nothing about it other than what Fox News, CNN, or MSNBC has told you, which of course, is only what the CIA and FBI want you to know, which is misinformation and disinformation.

IOW, you don't know shit.

I recently had the opportunity to meet with an officer in the US military and was disappointed in the "globalist" point of view. In spite of President Trump's respect for the military and efforts to improve their lives, this officer had a point of view that was hard to understand given the intelligence and position of the officer.

It represented to me a sad state of the "deep state" i.e. people in power like this officer who seemed to forget that especially as a military officer being "apolitical" means not allowing personal preferences to affect their job.

But this officer's position is one that does influence congresspeople among others and what he shared in this meeting was frankly very disheartening as his political/globalist attitude doesn't help.

A couple examples from our conversation as to why I deemed him a "globalist" and frankly not representative of most Americans.

I will be happy to share if others wish as I don't want to bore people with a long missive at this point.
Suffice to say the couple of examples of his opinion was surprising at least to me as he comes from multi-generational American midwestern family.
The deep state certainly exists ! The powerfull and the privleged have always existed and always will. Under free market money means more power! This is a limit of this system one that will never fully go away! Saying it serves progressive master is pretty laughable. Please understand that the deep state holds the power and has no wish for change. Why would they they already hold the cards!

Public Troubled by ā€˜Deep Stateā€™ | Monmouth University Polling Institute | Monmouth University

West Long Branch, NJ ā€“ A majority of the American public believe that the U.S. government engages in widespread monitoring of its own citizens and worry that the U.S. government could be invading their own privacy. The Monmouth University Poll also finds a large bipartisan majority who feel that national policy is being manipulated or directed by a ā€œDeep Stateā€ of unelected government officials. Americans of color on the center and left and NRA members on the right are among those most worried about the reach of government prying into average citizensā€™ lives.

Just over half of the public is either very worried (23%) or somewhat worried (30%) about the U.S. government monitoring their activities and invading their privacy. There are no significant partisan differences ā€“ 57% of independents, 51% of Republicans, and 50% of Democrats are at least somewhat worried the federal government is monitoring their activities. Another 24% of the American public are not too worried and 22% are not at all worried.

Fully 8-in-10 believe that the U.S. government currently monitors or spies on the activities of American citizens, including a majority (53%) who say this activity is widespread and another 29% who say such monitoring happens but is not widespread. Just 14% say this monitoring does not happen at all. There are no substantial partisan differences in these results.

ā€œThis is a worrisome finding. The strength of our government relies on public faith in protecting our freedoms, which is not particularly robust. And itā€™s not a Democratic or Republican issue. These concerns span the political spectrum,ā€ said Patrick Murray, director of the independent Monmouth University Polling Institute.

Few Americans (18%) say government monitoring or spying on U.S. citizens is usually justified, with most (53%) saying it is only sometimes justified. Another 28% say this activity is rarely or never justified. Democrats (30%) and independents (31%) are somewhat more likely than Republicans (21%) to say government monitoring of U.S. citizens is rarely or never justified.

Turning to the Washington political infrastructure as a whole, 6-in-10 Americans (60%) feel that unelected or appointed government officials have too much influence in determining federal policy. Just 26% say the right balance of power exists between elected and unelected officials in determining policy. Democrats (59%), Republicans (59%) and independents (62%) agree that appointed officials hold too much sway in the federal government.

ā€œWe usually expect opinions on the operation of government to shift depending on which party is in charge. But thereā€™s an ominous feeling by Democrats and Republicans alike that a ā€˜Deep Stateā€™ of unelected operatives are pulling the levers of power,ā€ said Murray.

Few Americans (13%) are very familiar with the term ā€œDeep State;ā€ another 24% are somewhat familiar, while 63% say they are not familiar with this term. However, when the term is described as a group of unelected government and military officials who secretly manipulate or direct national policy, nearly 3-in-4 (74%) say they believe this type of apparatus exists in Washington. This includes 27% who say it definitely exists and 47% who say it probably exists. Only 1-in-5 say it does not exist (16% probably not and 5% definitely not). Belief in the probable existence of a Deep State comes from more than 7-in-10 Americans in each partisan group, although Republicans (31%) and independents (33%) are somewhat more likely than Democrats (19%) to say that the Deep State definitely exists.. . . "

Clearly you aren't. You know nothing about it other than what Fox News, CNN, or MSNBC has told you, which of course, is only what the CIA and FBI want you to know, which is misinformation and disinformation.

So, that's why you rely on no nothings like Alex Jones? Or perhaps one of his lesser compatriots who doesn't sell bogus vitamins?

I recently had the opportunity to meet with an officer in the US military and was disappointed in the "globalist" point of view. In spite of President Trump's respect for the military and efforts to improve their lives, this officer had a point of view that was hard to understand given the intelligence and position of the officer.

It represented to me a sad state of the "deep state" i.e. people in power like this officer who seemed to forget that especially as a military officer being "apolitical" means not allowing personal preferences to affect their job.

But this officer's position is one that does influence congresspeople among others and what he shared in this meeting was frankly very disheartening as his political/globalist attitude doesn't help.

A couple examples from our conversation as to why I deemed him a "globalist" and frankly not representative of most Americans.

I will be happy to share if others wish as I don't want to bore people with a long missive at this point.
Suffice to say the couple of examples of his opinion was surprising at least to me as he comes from multi-generational American midwestern family.
The deep state certainly exists ! The powerfull and the privleged have always existed and always will. Under free market money means more power! This is a limit of this system one that will never fully go away! Saying it serves progressive master is pretty laughable. Please understand that the deep state holds the power and has no wish for change. Why would they they already hold the cards!
The DEEP STATE controls USMB

Be careful what you post

WTF are you taking about? You give no examples of anything.
blah......blah.....blah...........

And you obviously DIDN"T READ this statement even though you copied it! "I will be happy to share if others wish as I don't want to bore people with a long missive at this point."
Now do you want the two examples I mentioned? I'm asking because EVIDENTLY you can't comprehend the simple courtesy I offered by shortening the missive and stating
"I will be happy to share if others wish as I don't want to bore people with a long missive at this point."

There is nothing conspiratorial about the deep state. It simply manifests itself in the idea that extremely wealthy and powerfull interests have an inordinate amount of influence over our government.

There is nothing conspiratorial about the deep state. It simply manifests itself in the idea that extremely wealthy and powerfull interests have an inordinate amount of influence over our government.
New World Order!

Nah - It's primarily a conspiracy theory

While definitions vary, the term gained popularity among various groups, primarily supporters of Donald Trump and conspiracy theorists, during the 2016 U.S. presidential election, in opposition to establishment Republican and Democratic candidates. Since Trump's inauguration, the term has been used by commentators who argue that a 'deep state', involving the FBI, CIA, NSA, former President Barack Obama, and/or Hillary Clinton, is aiming to delegitimize the Trump presidency and thwart its policy goals.[4][5]

How deep is the "deep state"?

Its $4 TRILLION dollars a year of OUR money that's how deep it is. When you have $4 trillion dollars a year of federal government budget to dole out and spend the propensity for corruption is off the charts.

Good article. perhaps above the heads of the Left which is primarily concerned with who will pay for gender changes.

Real Americans take their privacy and government accountability seriously.....

Jackels, Hyenas, Communists, Progs and those in bed with the corrupt or who hate their lives.....not so much

Nah - It's primarily a conspiracy theory

While definitions vary, the term gained popularity among various groups, primarily supporters of Donald Trump and conspiracy theorists, during the 2016 U.S. presidential election, in opposition to establishment Republican and Democratic candidates. Since Trump's inauguration, the term has been used by commentators who argue that a 'deep state', involving the FBI, CIA, NSA, former President Barack Obama, and/or Hillary Clinton, is aiming to delegitimize the Trump presidency and thwart its policy goals.[4][5]
Essay: Anatomy of the Deep State | BillMoyers.com

Another most Excellent writing.

The Left finds the entire subject "humorous" primarily because they know the corruption is working in their favor.

Not unlike OJ Simpson who was seen smirking numerous times during and after his trial. That he got away with murder was a bit humorous to him. It's what corrupt leftys do.,,,naturally.

OJsmirk.jpg

Last edited:
They work for the MIC powers-that-be. They're required to support Empire-Building. They get browbeaten into submission. They truly believe we should be all over the world waging war. They see that as being 'heroic.' It's a sad result of browbeaten indoctrination. They know not what they do.

So, that's why you rely on no nothings like Alex Jones? Or perhaps one of his lesser compatriots who doesn't sell bogus vitamins?

No, actually I go to primary sources. Books, investigative journalists, that sort of thing.

Did you bother watching that video by Peter Dale Scott and David Talbot I posted earlier in the thread? You should follow their FB content. . . . interesting men.

Peter Dale Scott - Wikipedia

David Talbot - Wikipedia

No, actually I go to primary sources. Books, investigative journalists, that sort of thing.

Did you bother watching that video by Peter Dale Scott and David Talbot I posted earlier in the thread? You should follow their FB content. . . . interesting men.

Peter Dale Scott - Wikipedia

David Talbot - Wikipedia

What journalists do you consider to be 'primary' sources? And what is their views on fluoride in the water?

Forum List

Back