How Conservatism Killed The GOP

you must have ignored the thrust of my original post. Due to Johnson and Nixon trust in government took a body blow, but a mighty contribution too was the plethora of social engineering and government prgms that failed to yield their stated goals etc. etc.

The social revision of society starting in the 60's, the hugging of special interests and a new academic/intellectual nihilism driving out scoop jackson dems etc. the effect has reached fruition within the last 20 months.....

Of the 3 -4 mammoth all encompassing bills passed in the last 70 years from the new deal on up,they all had had healthy bi-partisan margins in support, BUT, that last one. Health care of such size scope an invasivness, that it was passed with not one cross aisle vote, says it all.

So, the left has not gotten anything? see above, see the stimulus, see the omni-bus budget bill.

So in other words you are one of the folks Gibbs and Alexrod were going off on, if you don't get everything, ( dadt, public option, ban on guns etc.) you've gotten nothing and thats part of the issue over the last 50 years to in no small part- the Democratic sppt. for the constant never ending search for a cause and the consequent never ending agitation.
"passed with not one cross aisle vote" as a political tactic meant to support a power grab vs what many of those same Republicans had argued for before.

can you translate that please....

Gibbs and Axelrod were addressing people who voted for Obama. I was not one of the. Sorry, to disappoint you.

I am neither disappointed or elated.......you do a wonderful job masquerading as one.

Conservative economists were saying the stimulus wouldn't work because it wasn't big enough. :lol: So the stimulus was NOT a left vs right issue. How to do the stimulus was.

I am sure you can find a con. econ. who says Milton Friedman was a kook too, big whoop...Paul Krugman said 600 billion was about right......again, big whoop, their opinions didn't count.

Is this what you are down to now?

Anyone else ever notice how Libs think they are the authority of what is happening in the GOP.

Funny eh.

Republicans who spent like Liberals, and Took us into a war we should not be in, are the ones who damaged the GOP.

Nothing about what they did was Conservative.

How The Conservatism Killed The GOP

1. If the GOP of today were the GOP of our fathers and grandfathers, all of us would be better off. The GOP of old had great liberals in it's ranks. Most all the great past achievements the GOP crows about today were liberal ideas made policy and law.

2) Over the past 3 or 4 decades the conservatives in the GOP have chased out most every liberal in it's midst. They no longer have a voice representing the people. They have a voice representing the conservative fringe.

3) Today the conservative Tea Party movement is looking to finish the job started in seriousness under the reign of Ronald Reagan, the great communicator who rarely kept a campaign promise.

The GOP is not longer great or grand.

:cool:

it's the social conservatives, imo.

1. If the GOP of today were the GOP of our fathers and grandfathers, all of us would be better off. The GOP of old had great liberals in it's ranks. Most all the great past achievements the GOP crows about today were liberal ideas made policy and law.

2) Over the past 3 or 4 decades the conservatives in the GOP have chased out most every liberal in it's midst. They no longer have a voice representing the people. They have a voice representing the conservative fringe.

3) Today the conservative Tea Party movement is looking to finish the job started in seriousness under the reign of Ronald Reagan, the great communicator who rarely kept a campaign promise.

I agree, Being a Conservative on the Issues of Fiscal policy, And the scope, size and power of Government, and National Defense.

I get pissed that I get lumped in with the Social Conservatives all the time, when I do not agree with any of their hard line stances at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
you must have ignored the thrust of my original post. Due to Johnson and Nixon trust in government took a body blow, but a mighty contribution too was the plethora of social engineering and government prgms that failed to yield their stated goals etc. etc.

The social revision of society starting in the 60's, the hugging of special interests and a new academic/intellectual nihilism driving out scoop jackson dems etc. the effect has reached fruition within the last 20 months.....

Of the 3 -4 mammoth all encompassing bills passed in the last 70 years from the new deal on up,they all had had healthy bi-partisan margins in support, BUT, that last one. Health care of such size scope an invasivness, that it was passed with not one cross aisle vote, says it all.

So, the left has not gotten anything? see above, see the stimulus, see the omni-bus budget bill.

So in other words you are one of the folks Gibbs and Alexrod were going off on, if you don't get everything, ( dadt, public option, ban on guns etc.) you've gotten nothing and thats part of the issue over the last 50 years to in no small part- the Democratic sppt. for the constant never ending search for a cause and the consequent never ending agitation.
can you translate that please....

I am neither disappointed or elated.......you do a wonderful job masquerading as one.

I am sure you can find a con. econ. who says Milton Friedman was a kook too, big whoop...Paul Krugman said 600 billion was about right......again, big whoop, their opinions didn't count.

Is this what you are down to now?

you're starting to bore me.

:doubt:

Anyone else ever notice how Libs think they are the authority of what is happening in the GOP.

Funny eh.

Republicans who spent like Liberals, and Took us into a war we should not be in, are the ones who damaged the GOP.

Libs? I speak as a student of politics and current events.

stop playing the troll.

I agree, Being a Conservative on the Issues of Fiscal policy, And the scope, size and power of Government, and National Defense.

I get pissed that I get lumped in with the Social Conservatives all the time, when I do not agree with any of their hard line stances at all.

You get lumped in with them because you roll in the mud with them.

sorry. pick your friends better

Mostly, but who started to use them to rebuild a base? After the conservative racists left the DNC for a seat of power in the GOP, they felt more comfortable recruiting the social cons in the churches and dark alleyways of America life

Funny eh.

stop playing the troll.

Hey if you want to live in denial about the fact that the majority of your positions are on the left. Be my guest, but I will continue to call them like I see them.

Exactly how am I rolling in the mud with Social Conservatives when I constantly say I do not agree with their radical whacked out Ideas.

You constantly parrot Liberal stances but get worked up when I call you a liberal, then claim I roll in the mud with Social Conservatives lol.

That's Rich.

You will never see my fighting for Social Conservatives issues my friend.

This

Is what I am talking about.
From your dishonest link:

That was the restructuring plan that GM outlined Monday. Under the plan, the government would get half or more of GM's stock and the United Auto Workers as much as 39 percent. Bondholders - who now hold more than $27 billion in GM's debt - would get a 10 percent stake in the company. Current shareholders would be left with about 1 percent

The actual numbers:

GM Collapses Into Government's Arms - WSJ.com
In exchange, the U.S. will own 60% of the new GM. In all, the rescue of the car industry could cost taxpayers close to $100 billion.

The government's plan calls for 10% of the new GM to be owned by existing bondholders, while a United Auto Workers union health-care fund will own 17.5%. The Canadian government will own the remaining 12.5%.

Well its a demoralization campaign, they hope by putting you alongside Social Conservatives they can make you appear the tool of the rich, even though the Democrat party earned more from Corporate donations than the Republicans in all recent elections, not to mention the Democrats are a strong advocate of a corporate monopoly in agriculture rather than a free market, say goodbye to the small farm. So in reality it's the Democrats doing the damage, they want more corporate and government controls, the Republican party on the whole wants less. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Well its a demoralization campaign, they hope by putting you alongside Social Conservatives they can make you appear the tool of the rich, even though the Democrat party earned more from Corporate donations than the Republicans in all recent elections. :eusa_shhh:

What we need is a new name for people who are not social Conservative, but only fiscal, and government power conservatives.

my word. Lucid :)

Mostly, but who started to use them to rebuild a base? After the conservative racists left the DNC for a seat of power in the GOP, they felt more comfortable recruiting the social cons in the churches and dark alleyways of America life

i know. that doesn't mean i have to like it, nor does it mean i have to vote for them. :cool:

so i don't

Funny eh.

stop playing the troll.

Hey if you want to live in denial about the fact that the majority of your positions are on the left. Be my guest, but I will continue to call them like I see them.

Yeah right. That is why all the leftists I know accuse me of having positions on the right. :lol:

I am left center for sure. I am a liberal. Never really been a populist or a progressive.

On some issues where I seem to be with the left, the devil is in the details. On many issues where it seems I am with the right, it is only with the conservatives who posses sanity. Some issues deserve a dose of conservatism and that is why I mourn the loss of the once great GOP.

Exactly how am I rolling in the mud with Social Conservatives when I constantly say I do not agree with their radical whacked out Ideas.

You constantly parrot Liberal stances but get worked up when I call you a liberal, then claim I roll in the mud with Social Conservatives lol.

That's Rich.

You will never see my fighting for Social Conservatives issues my friend.

you're mad. I have always claimed the mantle of liberalism. I have never gotten upset over being called what I am.

pay attention

i know. that doesn't mean i have to like it, nor does it mean i have to vote for them. :cool:

so i don't

People not coming from Massachusetts or New England are at a loss for understanding the observation we share. I blame Avi Nelson. :lol:

stop playing the troll.

Yeah right. That is why all the leftists I know accuse me of having positions on the right. :lol:

I am left center for sure. I am a liberal. Never really been a populist or a progressive.

On some issues where I seem to be with the left, the devil is in the details. On many issues where it seems I am with the right, it is only with the conservatives who posses sanity. Some issues deserve a dose of conservatism and that is why I mourn the loss of the once great GOP.

well on that we can agree. I mourn the loss of it too. I also mourn the loss of the formerly more sane Democrat Party as well.

Hell JFK was more a conservative than anything else. Pro Life, Supply side economics.

I feel abandoned by both parties, and it sucks ass. :)

With the collapse of the GOP the DNC cannot stand alone. It will atrophy. The two party system is falling apart. Blame the right wing.
Keep going. I am just waiting for the Democrats to make the government bankrupt, no nation will give the US more money then, and with no money the police and military will revolt and go on strike. The full conditions for Anarchy, say goodbye to big government and the Democrats...forever, at least the Republicans will survive through the tea party (and as a whole Republicans have more support in the military than the Democrats) whereas the big government and corporate kissing Democrats will die out. Then America can start over with financial good sense, a free market and no more bailouts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back