How come my posts-per-page changed? Anyone else get this?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
It's not a big deal but I've always had my thread structure set to 20 posts per page. Somehow overnight since last night it changed itself to 10. I can probably figure out where to change it back, but did the site do this? What for?

It's not a big deal but I've always had my thread structure set to 20 posts per page. Somehow overnight since last night it changed itself to 10. I can probably figure out where to change it back, but did the site do this? What for?
Mine did it too a few days ago. In "preferences" I switched it back to my number and so far it's remained the way I like it.

This is odd-- when I go to Preferences and navigate to "posts per page" I don't get any choice under 30. And yet it's running at 10. Makes no sense.

go into your preferences and resave it. Sounds like a caching issue

I tried that, but the lowest option I had was 30 (and up). At first I didn't touch it. Later, for whatever reason I clicked on 30 hoping I'd somehow jolt the system into giving me more options. It didn't. Now it's worse -- I'm stuck on 30 and still don't have an option for a lower number.

:banghead:

I tried that, but the lowest option I had was 30 (and up). At first I didn't touch it. Later, for whatever reason I clicked on 30 hoping I'd somehow jolt the system into giving me more options. It didn't. Now it's worse -- I'm stuck on 30 and still don't have an option for a lower number.

30 is the lowest....

Pogo, I was stuck at ten, too. After reading this though I did something that worked and now I am back to 30 per page, from 10.

Here is what I did:

I went in and changed my preferences from 30 to 50, then saved, and that worked. Pages loaded that many. Then, went back in and clicked on 30 and that worked. Now back to 30. :D

30 is the lowest....

Since when? I've been at 20 for my entire time here until two days ago. :confused:

Pogo, I was stuck at ten, too. After reading this though I did something that worked and now I am back to 30 per page, from 10.

Here is what I did:

I went in and changed my preferences from 30 to 50, then saved, and that worked. Pages loaded that many. Then, went back in and clicked on 30 and that worked. Now back to 30. :D

Would that I had let it alone; I can't get back to 10 now. 20 was my preference but I'd rather 10 than 30. The more posts per page, the slower the load is. :crybaby:

30 is the lowest....

Since when? I've been at 20 for my entire time here until two days ago. :confused:
Because it was cached. I added 20 as an option

30 is the lowest....

Because it was cached. I added 20 as an option

:banana:

Thank you thank you! You is da bestest surreal killer ever.

Now I start to see what you meant by "cache". Btw you spelled "cash" wrong. I like large bills. :D

Here is what I did:

Would that I had let it alone; I can't get back to 10 now. 20 was my preference but I'd rather 10 than 30. The more posts per page, the slower the load is. :crybaby:
But you can start reading from the top before the rest of the page gets in....and you don't have to flip the page so often. 50 ppp works well for me.

Here is what I did:

But you can start reading from the top before the rest of the page gets in....and you don't have to flip the page so often. 50 ppp works well for me.

I can't. Not in a thread like a music thread full of videos. They all have to load before I can scroll or read anything. That's why fewer is faster.

Forum List

Back