Posts displayed per thread, set to an absurdly small number. How to set it back?

My posts displayed per thread was set to fifty.

I just now took notice that I am only being shown twenty posts at a time; and I cannot now find the setting to fix this.

How do I set it back to fifty or more?

Could it be because you have a lot of people on ignore? The Political Cartoon forum shows only a few posts per page because I have most of those assholes on iggy because they can't figure out how to understand RULES.

:dunno:

I just now took notice that I am only being shown twenty posts at a time; and I cannot now find the setting to fix this.

1. Click on your profile at the top of the Menu
2. Under the Account heading, click on Account Details

3.Under Account Details, click Preferences.

4. Scroll down to Post Per Page and select your desired number of posts to display.

Last edited:

Could it be because you have a lot of people on ignore? The Political Cartoon forum shows only a few posts per page because I have most of those assholes on iggy because they can't figure out how to understand RULES.

:dunno:

He's probably talking about posts per page.

The low number of posts per thread is a different and more concerning issue.

• Banned
1. Click on your profile in the Menu
2. Under the Account heading, click on Account Details

3.Under Account Details, click Preferences.

4. Scroll down to Post Per Page and select your desired number of posts to display.

I'm not seeing that setting there. I'm pretty sure that I am on the page that you mean for me to be on.

One oddity that I did notice is a setting “Receive weekly newsletter email” which was checked. I never would have chosen to check such a setting, as I am very much protective of my email against unwanted traffic. I wonder how long that has been enabled.

Have the staff of this site been fucking around with user's' account settings other than mine?

I guess, given how corrupt and abusive this site's management has become, lately, I should not be surprised.

I'm not seeing that setting there. I'm pretty sure that I am on the page that you mean for me to be on.

One oddity that I did notice is a setting “Receive weekly newsletter email” which was checked. I never would have chosen to check such a setting, as I am very much protective of my email against unwanted traffic. I wonder how long that has been enabled.

Have the staff of this site been fucking around with user's' account settings other than mine?

I guess, given how corrupt and abusive this site's management has become, lately, I should not be surprised.
I have no knowledge of anyones account being tampered with.
However, if you believe this to be true, I would PM a senior moderator.

There should be 3 horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner. When you click on them your drop down options should look like the screen shot below.

From there you click on your screename and follow the steps previously outlined.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_095626_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_095626_Chrome.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
  • Banned
However, if you believe this to be true, I would PM a senior moderator.
There should be 3 horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner. When you click on them your drop down options should look like the screen shot below.

I am not seeming any such thing.

I do note that the “Receive weekly newsletter email” option keeps turning back on, after I turn it off.

Please be informed that I absolutely •DO NOT• consent to be sent such emails, and if I start receiving any, I will report them, every one, to this site's ISP as spam.

Under no circumstances do I give anyone permission to add my email address to any mass mailing list, without my explicit consent and request.

1694107435683.png

• Banned
I do note that the “Receive weekly newsletter email” option keeps turning back on, after I turn it off.

Maybe corrected.

Turning it off from the “Account details” page would not stick, but I noticed and followed the “You may find additional email options under Preferences.” link, and turning it off from there does seem to have stuck.

But be careful about this. Adding people's emails to a mailing list, without their explicit consent, is considered abusive and unacceptable, and could get you in trouble with your ISP. I have managed to keep my email (an address that I have been suing since the 1990s) useable for legitimate communication only by being an extreme fanatic about going very aggressively after spammers, and getting them kicked off of their ISPs for such abuse. I will not hesitate at all to do the same to USMB, if it starts engaging in this sort of abuse against my email.

You have been warned.

I am not seeming any such thing.

Please be informed that I absolutely •DO NOT• consent to be sent such emails, and if I start receiving any, I will report them, every one, to this site's ISP as spam.

Under no circumstances do I give anyone permission to add my email address to any mass mailing list, without my explicit consent and request.

View attachment 826034
Looking at your screenshot, you have a "preferences" option. Clicking on that should allow you to find your "posts displayed" setting.

If that is not not working, send a PM and it can be forwarded to a Administrator to be looked at. If you wish to pursue it further.

FYI- mine were checked also......checked my listed email and there were no messages from USMB.

FYI- mine were checked also......checked my listed email and there were no messages from USMB.

Well, the change in posts displayed per page is very recent, so I assume that the change in this setting is as well; both changes made without my knowledge or consent, and very much against my wishes. I assume that both were made at the same time, and that the “Receive weekly newsletter email” has not been on long enough for there to have yet been any “weekly newsletter email”.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed any similar unwanted changes in their accounts. I suppose I should also wonder if there are any more unwanted changes to mine.

There is no legitimate reason why any such changes to my account settings ought to have been made without my clear knowledge and consent.

Well, the change in posts displayed per page is very recent, so I assume that the change in this setting is as well; both changes made without my knowledge or consent, and very much against my wishes. I assume that both were made at the same time, and that the “Receive weekly newsletter email” has not been on long enough for there to have yet been any “weekly newsletter email”.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed any similar unwanted changes in their accounts. I suppose I should also wonder if there are any more unwanted changes to mine.

There is no legitimate reason why any such changes to my account settings ought to have been made without my clear knowledge and consent.
May have been an automatic thing as they upgraded the software recently. My 'burner e-mail' should have shown the weekly newsletter, you'd think, unless no one has done that.

I had removed this feature and made it an upgraded user only feature but I have changed it back. You may have to set your settings again, not sure. It may have saved your settings.

I had removed this feature and made it an upgraded user only feature but I have changed it back. You may have to set your settings again, not sure. It may have saved your settings.
I attempted to walk him through how to get to the setting for it. He is saying that he does not see the preferences feature which is where the ability to use the feature is located.

I've checked the feature on a PC instead of a cell phone and on a PC the 3 horizontal lines are not visible, so on a PC just click on user profile, go to preferences, then scroll down to posts per page.

Correct?

I attempted to walk him through how to get to the setting for it. He is saying that he does not see the preferences feature which is where the ability to use the feature is located.

I've checked the feature on a PC instead of a cell phone and on a PC the 3 horizontal lines are not visible, so on a PC just click on user profile, go to preferences, then scroll down to posts per page.

Correct?
Correct, but....

They were disabled for a while for regular users but not for upgraded users or mods... so he was unable to see what you see. I've re-enabled them so he should be able to see them again. The system probably saved his old values so hopefully things are exactly as they were before.

Correct, but....

They were disabled for a while for regular users but not for upgraded users or mods... so he was unable to see what you see. I've re-enabled them so he should be able to see them again. The system probably saved his old values so hopefully things are exactly as they were before.
Perfect. Thanks for that clarification

Forum List

Back