How can all other churches be right

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
When those churches are not mentioned in the Bible and their teachings can't be found there? The church of Christ has both within the Bible, yet we're overlooked and dismissed as fanatical, he who follows anything but the Bible is fanatical.

All Church cannot be right. There is either one correct or none of them are.

As for the Bible, it's a good tool to bring men closer to God, but it can only do so much. That's why the Lord gave us the Holy Spirit. So we aren't fending for ourselves but learning straight from Him.

Satan doesn't decieve people by telling them outright lies. He decieves them by mixing some of the truth in his lies and convincing them that because one principle he is teaching is correct they all are. The Bible is useless without the Holy Spirit. God is the final authority of all truth, not the Bible. The Bible leads us to God. It is in God we are to trust, not the flesh. We can't tell God "I'll only believe what you said in the Bible, but anything else and I won't". We are supposed to live off every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Whether he says it 2000 years ago, today or whether He says it in the future. And God hasn't stopped speaking.

Does God still speak? if you limit what He says to that which has already been said then no He doesn't. And that would be a changing God, because the Scriptures teach of a God who communicates regularly and commands them to testify of their experiences.

When those churches are not mentioned in the Bible and their teachings can't be found there? The church of Christ has both within the Bible, yet we're overlooked and dismissed as fanatical, he who follows anything but the Bible is fanatical.

John says some other group of people have been healing people in Jesus' name even though they were not part of the group, but Jesus is pleased and says "... For he who is not against us is for us." (9:40). In Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23 Jesus says: "He who is not with Me is against Me"; see also You're either with us, or against us. The disciples seem to think one needs to be part of Jesus' personal group but Jesus makes clear that anyone who works in his name and does his work is also for him.

Every major religion in the world says that if you don't believe the way that they do, you'll most likely not get into heaven. I don't buy into that theory - especially the Southern Baptist point of view as I was raised in the Southern Baptist church. I can't wait to get to heaven so I can get a look at the "official" rule book and see how far off everybody here on Earth has been. Wouldn't it be really cool if the "official" rule book said that Jack Daniels was what Jesus turned the water into instead of wine?

John says some other group of people have been healing people in Jesus' name even though they were not part of the group, but Jesus is pleased and says "... For he who is not against us is for us." (9:40). In Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23 Jesus says: "He who is not with Me is against Me"; see also You're either with us, or against us. The disciples seem to think one needs to be part of Jesus' personal group but Jesus makes clear that anyone who works in his name and does his work is also for him.

I read what you're saying, but if they don't follow the Bible they cannot be with Christ because Christ is the Word that was made flesh.

As for the Bible, it's a good tool to bring men closer to God, but it can only do so much. That's why the Lord gave us the Holy Spirit. So we aren't fending for ourselves but learning straight from Him.

Satan doesn't decieve people by telling them outright lies. He decieves them by mixing some of the truth in his lies and convincing them that because one principle he is teaching is correct they all are. The Bible is useless without the Holy Spirit. God is the final authority of all truth, not the Bible. The Bible leads us to God. It is in God we are to trust, not the flesh. We can't tell God "I'll only believe what you said in the Bible, but anything else and I won't". We are supposed to live off every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Whether he says it 2000 years ago, today or whether He says it in the future. And God hasn't stopped speaking.

Does God still speak? if you limit what He says to that which has already been said then no He doesn't. And that would be a changing God, because the Scriptures teach of a God who communicates regularly and commands them to testify of their experiences.

When one follows the Word they have the Holy Spirit guiding them, its impossible for it to be any other way.

When one follows the Word they have the Holy Spirit guiding them, its impossible for it to be any other way.

Really? That's funny since the Pharisees were some of the strictest followers of the scriptures and yet they denied the Holy Spirit.

Who gave you the gift of the Holy Ghost and where did he have his authority?

Suppose you don't work in jesus' name?

When one follows

Who gave you the gift of the Holy Ghost and where did he have his authority?[/QUOTE]

Obviously by definition Jesus is a creation from Christianity .

Really? That's funny since the Pharisees were some of the strictest followers of the scriptures and yet they denied the Holy Spirit.

Pharisees were hypocrites who denied Christ, for if they would have believed the scriptures they would have accepted Christ.

My path of practice is the right one for me. Others feel their Church or faith is right for them. I honor my path and those of others. May all be happy.

Suppose you don't work in jesus' name?

you will be judged by the Law or your works, on judgment day if a Jew....by the golden rule, so to say....

everyone will be judged by Christ on judgment day, whether you "know" Him or not....

that's what I believe, and I believe your judgment will be fair, whether believers or not believers...

Also, if you believe in God, then whether you realize it or not, you believe in Jesus, because Jesus is one and the same, He is God. :D

Of course there are not too many folks that agree with me and my theory of it.... :lol:

Is it one of the seven churches of Asia?

If the church does not hail from these seven, then of course they are false.

John did not write his epistle to the false churches!! Those churches are beseiged by devils and False Jews! The ones to be saved are of the seven, no wonder only a handful of Christians are going to be saved--only a handful are practicing the correct religion!

Pharisees were hypocrites who denied Christ, for if they would have believed the scriptures they would have accepted Christ.

Jews were not going to perform idol worship and worship Jesus.

Jews can and will only worship the one G-d that they know.

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees and rejected their support and strictness of old Jewish laws.
Jesus was a radical for his time. He rebeled against the very scripture that many modern day "Christians" fully support.
Love thy neighbor and do not judge them was Jesus. That contradicts a lot of scripture and Old Testament Jewish laws and mores.

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees and rejected their support and strictness of old Jewish laws.
Jesus was a radical for his time. He rebeled against the very scripture that many modern day "Christians" fully support.
Love thy neighbor and do not judge them was Jesus. That contradicts a lot of scripture and Old Testament Jewish laws and mores.

Those "old jews laws" were the laws that G-D gave the jews to follow. He told the jews to not add or subtract from them.

Jesus rebelled against G-D. The jews picked the G-D that they know rather than a false god.

Do not judge your neighbor is rather silly. G-D told the jews to set up a court system to judge fellow jews. Without judging there is anarchy. You are right jesus did contadict G-D on numerous occassions.

Last edited:
Talk to Kalam...he'll explain how the Bible is a corruption of Jesus' message written by selfish men, and how the Koran is the only path to heaven.

koran.gif

I have my copy.

You are certainly not talking about the scriptures G-D gave to the jews.

Hear O Israel, the L-rd is our G-D, the L-ord is ONE (Deut)
I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:10)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)

Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God. (Psalms, 90:2)

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…(Psalms, 45:6)

For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." (Daniel, 2:20)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

…For He is the living God and He endures forever… His dominion will never end. (Daniel, 6:26)

Praise be to the Lord … from everlasting to everlasting… (1 Chronicles, 16:36)

But You, O Lord, are exalted forever. (Psalms, 92:8)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah, 40:8)

Forum List

Back