How can all other churches be right

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Bass v 2.0, May 9, 2010.

1. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    When those churches are not mentioned in the Bible and their teachings can't be found there? The church of Christ has both within the Bible, yet we're overlooked and dismissed as fanatical, he who follows anything but the Bible is fanatical.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    All Church cannot be right. There is either one correct or none of them are.

As for the Bible, it's a good tool to bring men closer to God, but it can only do so much. That's why the Lord gave us the Holy Spirit. So we aren't fending for ourselves but learning straight from Him.

Satan doesn't decieve people by telling them outright lies. He decieves them by mixing some of the truth in his lies and convincing them that because one principle he is teaching is correct they all are. The Bible is useless without the Holy Spirit. God is the final authority of all truth, not the Bible. The Bible leads us to God. It is in God we are to trust, not the flesh. We can't tell God "I'll only believe what you said in the Bible, but anything else and I won't". We are supposed to live off every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God. Whether he says it 2000 years ago, today or whether He says it in the future. And God hasn't stopped speaking.

Does God still speak? if you limit what He says to that which has already been said then no He doesn't. And that would be a changing God, because the Scriptures teach of a God who communicates regularly and commands them to testify of their experiences.

3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,117
    John says some other group of people have been healing people in Jesus' name even though they were not part of the group, but Jesus is pleased and says "... For he who is not against us is for us." (9:40). In Matthew 12:30 and Luke 11:23 Jesus says: "He who is not with Me is against Me"; see also You're either with us, or against us. The disciples seem to think one needs to be part of Jesus' personal group but Jesus makes clear that anyone who works in his name and does his work is also for him.

4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,749
    Every major religion in the world says that if you don't believe the way that they do, you'll most likely not get into heaven. I don't buy into that theory - especially the Southern Baptist point of view as I was raised in the Southern Baptist church. I can't wait to get to heaven so I can get a look at the "official" rule book and see how far off everybody here on Earth has been. Wouldn't it be really cool if the "official" rule book said that Jack Daniels was what Jesus turned the water into instead of wine?

5. Bass v 2.0

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    I read what you're saying, but if they don't follow the Bible they cannot be with Christ because Christ is the Word that was made flesh.

6. Bass v 2.0

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    When one follows the Word they have the Holy Spirit guiding them, its impossible for it to be any other way.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    Really? That's funny since the Pharisees were some of the strictest followers of the scriptures and yet they denied the Holy Spirit.

Who gave you the gift of the Holy Ghost and where did he have his authority?

8. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    Suppose you don't work in jesus' name?

9. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    When one follows

Who gave you the gift of the Holy Ghost and where did he have his authority?[/QUOTE]

Obviously by definition Jesus is a creation from Christianity .

10. Bass v 2.0

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    Pharisees were hypocrites who denied Christ, for if they would have believed the scriptures they would have accepted Christ.