Houston Chronicle Endorses....wait for it....

"On Nov. 8, 2016, the American people will decide between two presidential contenders who represent the starkest political choice in living memory. They will choose between one candidate with vast experience and a lifelong dedication to public service and another totally lacking in qualifications to be president.

Based on that, I'm sure they must've endorsed McCain over Obama.....

:lmao:

Who cares what these corporate rags endorse.

They did.

So, you're just into making sh** up these days, huh?

A half-century of Chronicle endorsements: 11 R, 2 D

I just corrected the error, so go fuck yourself.

Corrected after I called you out, ya did.

actually, i think he corrected it after i pointed out who the one other democrat was. either way, they endorsed romney in the following presidential election.

"On Nov. 8, 2016, the American people will decide between two presidential contenders who represent the starkest political choice in living memory. They will choose between one candidate with vast experience and a lifelong dedication to public service and another totally lacking in qualifications to be president.

no worries. vote for dumb donald.

you're not college educated, you're white, christian and male and don't give a damn about anyone else. he's perfect for you.

That describes a lot of electricians, brick layers, computer programmers, HVAC technicians and dozens more honorable professions that do not require a college degree. Do you hate folks that work for a living, or just white male Christians?

you're not college educated, you're white, christian and male and don't give a damn about anyone else. he's perfect for you.

That describes a lot of electricians, brick layers, computer programmers, HVAC technicians and dozens more honorable professions that do not require a college degree. Do you hate folks that work for a living, or just white male Christians?

She has a lot of hate for anyone who doesn't blindly support the left.

no. i don't have a problem with that demographic. i have a problem with members of that demographic who don't give a flying fig about anyone who isn't from that demographic.

and for the record, my father started out as a mechanic when he got out of high school and my uncles were tradesmen.

I think the chronicle, one of the largest papers in the lone star state pretty much says it all:

For only the second time since native son LBJ in 1964, the Houston Chronicle has endorsed a democrat for the presidency.

The chronicle, which endorsed Mitt Romney in 2012, stated the following:

"On Nov. 8, 2016, the American people will decide between two presidential contenders who represent the starkest political choice in living memory. They will choose between one candidate with vast experience and a lifelong dedication to public service and another totally lacking in qualifications to be president. They will decide whether they prefer someone deeply familiar with the issues that are important to this nation or a person whose paper-thin, bumper-sticker proposals would be dangerous to the nation and the world if somehow they were enacted.

The Chronicle editorial page does not typically endorse early in an election cycle; we prefer waiting for the campaign to play out and for issues to emerge and be addressed. We make an exception in the 2016 presidential race, because the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is not merely political. It is something much more basic than party preference.

An election between the Democrat Clinton and, let's say, the Republican Jeb Bush or John Kasich or Marco Rubio, even the hyper-ideological Ted Cruz, would spark a much-needed debate about the role of government and the nation's future, about each candidate's experience and abilities. But those Republican hopefuls have been vanquished. To choose the candidate who defeated them - fairly and decisively, we should point out - is to repudiate the most basic notions of competence and capability.

Any one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demagoguery, his contempt for the rule of law, his ignorance - is enough to be disqualifying. His convention-speech comment, "I alone can fix it," should make every American shudder. He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic."

These are unsettling times that require a steady hand: That's not Donald Trump.

They really screwed up when they endorsed LBJ. Now they have screwed up again.

they didn't screw up not endorsing goldwater.

and they're dead on right about the donald. in all seriousness, he's looking unhinged.

Remember Vietnam and LBJ?

again...as opposed to goldwater? and no one knew then that LBJ would escalate vietnam to that level. based on my recollection of history, i'm pretty sure he didn't run again because of it.

so you were saying?

again...the choice was LBJ or goldwater. goldwater was worse.

but nice deflect....do try to focus. they also endorsed romney. regan bush, etc.

We all know what LBJ did, and you are only guessing what Goldwater would have done.

no. i don't have a problem with that demographic. i have a problem with members of that demographic who don't give a flying fig about anyone who isn't from that demographic.

and for the record, my father started out as a mechanic when he got out of high school and my uncles were tradesmen.

Were they part of the "don't give a damn about anyone else" crowd?

'Any one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demagoguery, his contempt for the rule of law, his ignorance - is enough to be disqualifying. His convention-speech comment, "I alone can fix it," should make every American shudder. He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic.'

Exactly.

Trump has no business being president, for these and many other reasons.

The Chronicle editorial page does not typically endorse early in an election cycle; we prefer waiting for the campaign to play out and for issues to emerge and be addressed. We make an exception in the 2016 presidential race, because the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is not merely political. It is something much more basic than party preference.

An election between the Democrat Clinton and, let's say, the Republican Jeb Bush or John Kasich or Marco Rubio, even the hyper-ideological Ted Cruz, would spark a much-needed debate about the role of government and the nation's future, about each candidate's experience and abilities. But those Republican hopefuls have been vanquished. To choose the candidate who defeated them - fairly and decisively, we should point out - is to repudiate the most basic notions of competence and capability.

Any one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demag

I love how they like to get their ire up about not even face value stuff when the book is out on how deeply corrupt Hillary is. Frankly, Trumpians are coming out strong because of this blind eye nonsense.

she isn't corrupt. that is the rightwingnut meme. otherwise, after 25 years of stalking her, you'd have gotten her. two years ago her approvals were at about 60%. then the wingers went after her just like Rep. McCarthy said (and his honesty cost him the speakership).

you can continue with your rightwingnut talking points now.

Corrupt as all hell.

i understand that's the rightwing meme...

now i'm wondering how donald, who bribed two prosecutors to drop investigations of his fraudulent activity really isn't corrupt.
Trump donated to attorneys general who dropped Trump U. inquiries: report

i'll wait.

no

'Any one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demagoguery, his contempt for the rule of law, his ignorance - is enough to be disqualifying. His convention-speech comment, "I alone can fix it," should make every American shudder. He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic.'

Exactly.

Trump has no business being president, for these and many other reasons.

And Hillary should be President because she is so damned honest and trustworthy. LOL

no

How can that be? They were not college educated, I will have to assume they were white males and you could tell me if they were Christians. You painted all of those folks with a pretty broad brush.

no

How can that be? They were not college educated, I will have to assume they were white males and you could tell me if they were Christians. You painted all of those folks with a pretty broad brush.

are you confused....i distinguished between that part of the demographic that is concerned about other demographics and that part that isn't.

no

Well, she certainly came at me with in a spirit of hate with those metrics. But that's her M.O. I already know her low character; so, I didn't feel any deep resentment.

Has anyone ever in ANY election ever said " I can't quite decide who to vote for, who did that newspaper endorse again?"

Who cares.

Has anyone ever in ANY election ever said " I can't quite decide who to vote for, who did that newspaper endorse again?"

Who cares.
images

I think the chronicle, one of the largest papers in the lone star state pretty much says it all:

For only the second time since native son LBJ in 1964, the Houston Chronicle has endorsed a democrat for the presidency.

"On Nov. 8, 2016, the American people will decide between two presidential contenders who represent the starkest political choice in living memory. They will choose between one candidate with vast experience and a lifelong dedication to public service and another totally lacking in qualifications to be president. They will decide whether they prefer someone deeply familiar with the issues that are important to this nation or a person whose paper-thin, bumper-sticker proposals would be dangerous to the nation and the world if somehow they were enacted.

Any one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demagoguery, his contempt for the rule of law, his ignorance - is enough to be disqualifying. His convention-speech comment, "I alone can fix it," should make every American shudder. He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic."

"He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic." And that is it isn't it. Most people wonder why history is taught in school. It's so you know when a moment of potential peril is at hand and you can act to avoid it. Democracy, contrary to popular belief, is a very fragile thing in human history and it only takes one mental deficient to reach power to destroy it. Knowing history allows people to recognize the moment of possible peril, and that is what human history comes down to, recognizing THE MOMENT of potential disaster, and avoiding it.

You can't take the chance, that is what history teaches humanity. Trump cannot be president.

I can believe the hypocrisy that is coming out of the mouth of you people after eight long years of dictatorial rule in this country.

What good would it do for a handful of conservatives in these states to vote for Hillary considering that it wouldn't be enough to give the state's delegates to Hillary. It would be just a wasted vote.

"He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic." And that is it isn't it. Most people wonder why history is taught in school. It's so you know when a moment of potential peril is at hand and you can act to avoid it. Democracy, contrary to popular belief, is a very fragile thing in human history and it only takes one mental deficient to reach power to destroy it. Knowing history allows people to recognize the moment of possible peril, and that is what human history comes down to, recognizing THE MOMENT of potential disaster, and avoiding it.

You can't take the chance, that is what history teaches humanity. Trump cannot be president.

I can believe the hypocrisy that is coming out of the mouth of you people after eight long years of dictatorial rule in this country.

Yes please explain dictatorial rule. The level of hyperbole on the right is galactic.

Forum List

Back