Houston Chronicle Endorses....wait for it....

Nobody with any sense wants the jerk Traitor Donnie for a President.

Oh my stars and garters! The Chronicle, a veritable and venerable written testament to conservatism, endorses Mrs. Clinton!

These are unsettling times that require a steady hand: That's not Donald Trump.
I can't think of a single person in my entire life who decided who to vote for based on an endorsement. Are you that shallow?

Democrats are used to being told who to vote for.

yes being told what to think is of the most importance to a leftist dupe

Houston is a big city shithole filled with Beaners and ghetto BLM assholes and has given us shitheads like Shelia Jackson Lee. Go figure.

Houston and conservative should never be uttered in the same sentence

You don't know much about Houston.

LOL It's obvious YOU don't. It's a democrat city. Now run along sock

I don't know about Houston? I spent most of my working life in around that place. You probably don't even know where Stinkadina is, or how it got it's name.

You mean the home of GIllies?

I think the chronicle, one of the largest papers in the lone star state pretty much says it all:

For only the second time since native son LBJ in 1964, the Houston Chronicle has endorsed a democrat for the presidency.

The chronicle, which endorsed Mitt Romney in 2012, stated the following:

"On Nov. 8, 2016, the American people will decide between two presidential contenders who represent the starkest political choice in living memory. They will choose between one candidate with vast experience and a lifelong dedication to public service and another totally lacking in qualifications to be president. They will decide whether they prefer someone deeply familiar with the issues that are important to this nation or a person whose paper-thin, bumper-sticker proposals would be dangerous to the nation and the world if somehow they were enacted.

The Chronicle editorial page does not typically endorse early in an election cycle; we prefer waiting for the campaign to play out and for issues to emerge and be addressed. We make an exception in the 2016 presidential race, because the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is not merely political. It is something much more basic than party preference.

An election between the Democrat Clinton and, let's say, the Republican Jeb Bush or John Kasich or Marco Rubio, even the hyper-ideological Ted Cruz, would spark a much-needed debate about the role of government and the nation's future, about each candidate's experience and abilities. But those Republican hopefuls have been vanquished. To choose the candidate who defeated them - fairly and decisively, we should point out - is to repudiate the most basic notions of competence and capability.

Any one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demagoguery, his contempt for the rule of law, his ignorance - is enough to be disqualifying. His convention-speech comment, "I alone can fix it," should make every American shudder. He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic."

I think the chronicle, one of the largest papers in the lone star state pretty much says it all:

For only the second time since native son LBJ in 1964, the Houston Chronicle has endorsed a democrat for the presidency.

The chronicle, which endorsed Mitt Romney in 2012, stated the following:

"On Nov. 8, 2016, the American people will decide between two presidential contenders who represent the starkest political choice in living memory. They will choose between one candidate with vast experience and a lifelong dedication to public service and another totally lacking in qualifications to be president. They will decide whether they prefer someone deeply familiar with the issues that are important to this nation or a person whose paper-thin, bumper-sticker proposals would be dangerous to the nation and the world if somehow they were enacted.

The Chronicle editorial page does not typically endorse early in an election cycle; we prefer waiting for the campaign to play out and for issues to emerge and be addressed. We make an exception in the 2016 presidential race, because the choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump is not merely political. It is something much more basic than party preference.

An election between the Democrat Clinton and, let's say, the Republican Jeb Bush or John Kasich or Marco Rubio, even the hyper-ideological Ted Cruz, would spark a much-needed debate about the role of government and the nation's future, about each candidate's experience and abilities. But those Republican hopefuls have been vanquished. To choose the candidate who defeated them - fairly and decisively, we should point out - is to repudiate the most basic notions of competence and capability.

Any one of Trump's less-than-sterling qualities - his erratic temperament, his dodgy business practices, his racism, his Putin-like strongman inclinations and faux-populist demagoguery, his contempt for the rule of law, his ignorance - is enough to be disqualifying. His convention-speech comment, "I alone can fix it," should make every American shudder. He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic."

"He is, we believe, a danger to the Republic." And that is it isn't it. Most people wonder why history is taught in school. It's so you know when a moment of potential peril is at hand and you can act to avoid it. Democracy, contrary to popular belief, is a very fragile thing in human history and it only takes one mental deficient to reach power to destroy it. Knowing history allows people to recognize the moment of possible peril, and that is what human history comes down to, recognizing THE MOMENT of potential disaster, and avoiding it.

You can't take the chance, that is what history teaches humanity. Trump cannot be president.

Forum List

Back