house votes down obama budget 414 - 0

They want Ryan's "budget" that adds TRILLIONS to the debt, puts millions of Americans into poverty, gives anyone who makes more than $1MILLION DOLLARS an extra $150THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR and even manages to kill some babies.

Vote Republican - keep China green and put lots of money into foreign banks and foreign business. Just like your hero, Mittens.

They want Ryan's "budget" that adds TRILLIONS to the debt, puts millions of Americans into poverty, gives anyone who makes more than $1MILLION DOLLARS an extra $150THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR and even manages to kill some babies.

Vote Republican - keep China green and put lots of money into foreign banks and foreign business. Just like your hero, Mittens.

While I am not that big of a fan of the New York Times, I sometimes a check it out. Let's see what they had to say:

2016 Deficit:

Ryan plan - $241 billion
Obama plan - $529 billion

Debt over the next 10 years:

Ryan plan - $3.1 trillion
Obama plan - $6.4 trillion

So, while Ryan's plan does add to the debt as you mentioned, you just conveniently forgot to mention that Obama's plan adds over twice as much to it as Ryan's

Year it balances the budget:

Ryan plan - year 2040
Obama plan - NEVER

This was the NY Times, not me that came up with these stats. Hmm, any wonder why even Democrats in the House joined Republican in voting down Obama's plan.

Last edited:
Ryan does not have a plan.

Just some talk with virtually no details.

The media is calling it a blueprint but with so few details you could not even build a dog house from that blueprint.

The informative link in the opening post said:
The budget was offered by Rep. Mick Mulvaney, R-S.C., to show how few votes the president's budget might get.

House Republicans last tried this same tactic in 2000 on President Clinton's budget.

House Democrats floated three of President Reagan's budgets in the 1980s. Those budgets collected 28, 15 and one votes, respectively.

Read more: GOP-run House Easily Rejects Obama Budget | Fox News

* yawn *

82224453.jpg

So no House Democrats wanted to vote for the Obama budget that has tax increases on the rich and very little deficit reduction in it during a election year interesting.

Meaningless political stunt. The house is going to waste a lot of time on inconsequential budget matters this year.

Wait... they offered a budget?

Did someone finally tell them it might be a good idea to do that in an election year?

So no House Democrats wanted to vote for the Obama budget that has tax increases on the rich and very little deficit reduction in it during a election year interesting.

Did you read the article? It seems to be a political tactic at least as old as the Reagan era, and common enough to border on cliche.

Anyone aware of the fact that the president's yearly budget recommendation is not an actual budget? It's far too general to be a workable budget. Also there's that thing with the debt ceiling deal that republicans would like you forget as they attempt to wiggle out of the deal they made for the sake of their pentagon buddies. Keep that fact central anytime they mention the word budget, they punted the whole thing to 2013 making the budget process superfluous this year and perhaps permanently.

Did you read the article? It seems to be a political tactic at least as old as the Reagan era, and common enough to border on cliche.

Yes I did and yes it is and since everyone knows this the Democrats could have just as easily voted in favor of it the fact they didn't even though it means nothing is what I find interesting.

Yes I did and yes it is and since everyone knows this the Democrats could have just as easily voted in favor of it the fact they didn't even though it means nothing is what I find interesting.

Participate in a meaningless stunt? Hardly, no representative is going to vote for a budget that has not gone through the various house committees.

Forum List

Back