House Proposes STOP to EV Mandates

The NEVI program has limited funds and it is for states who decide to use the funds at a low interest loan basically... the money allocated by the Pelosi house is real money and its just sitting there for Biden to utilize... the contractors are waiting...
Wrong again liar.

The $18 million in NEVI funding will be matched with nearly $6 million from the private entities selected to install and operate the new EV fast charging stations, including Pilot Travel Centers, TH Midwest, Francis Energy, Meijer Stores, EVgo Services, ChargeNet Stations, and Equilon/Shell.

Wrong again liar.

The $18 million in NEVI funding will be matched with nearly $6 million from the private entities selected to install and operate the new EV fast charging stations, including Pilot Travel Centers, TH Midwest, Francis Energy, Meijer Stores, EVgo Services, ChargeNet Stations, and Equilon/Shell.
Now... compare 18 million to 7.5 Billion dollars... 18 million will build about 9 charging stations.... if that....

Wrong again liar.

Why are you defending Joe not utilizing these funds... he is always talking bout climate change... but that's the problem right?... just talk...
All Joe has to do is call his interior secretary and energy secretary and tell them to write up the contracts and find the locations..

Now... compare 18 million to 7.5 Billion dollars... 18 million will build about 9 charging stations.... if that....
$500,000 per charging station?

That's a lot considering what they are.
Unless that money is for ongoing maintenance....it's kinda a lot

5k for electricity connection
10k per stall. 8 stalls=$80,000
15k for the tin roof over the charging stalls.
3k for wire and conduit.
5k for parking lot paving and wastewater mgmt.
The rest for labor?
Lotta labor....just saying.

Last edited:
$500,000 per charging station?

That's a lot considering what they are.
Unless that money is for ongoing maintenance....it's kinda a lot
I watched crews putting 6 charging stations in my local McDonalds parking lot... it took months... they kept having to re dig the same holes for some reason...

I watched crews putting 6 charging stations in my local McDonalds parking lot... it took months... they kept having to re dig the same holes for some reason...
Possibly....if they hit a future sink hole (underground caverns) they have to find bottom and place steel beams in them and a concrete pad above the beam to hold the dirt up. (Did that to a courthouse....even though a survey was done and bond was issued.)

And fast food joints would love to have charging stations....get some gas while you charge up the car? Of course!

Why are you defending Joe not utilizing these funds... he is always talking bout climate change... but that's the problem right?... just talk...
All Joe has to do is call his interior secretary and energy secretary and tell them to write up the contracts and find the locations..
He is utilizing the funds. Proper oversight and accountability take time.

He is utilizing the funds. Proper oversight and accountability take time.
But he isn't... Proper oversite my ass he is saving the money to hand out to democrats for the next election....

Possibly....if they hit a future sink hole (underground caverns) they have to find bottom and place steel beams in them and a concrete pad above the beam to hold the dirt up. (Did that to a courthouse....even though a survey was done and bond was issued.)

And fast food joints would love to have charging stations....get some gas while you charge up the car? Of course!
Possibly but what I see are people sitting in their cars reading a book... people who drive EV's don't often eat fast food....
I could fill up my truck ten times in the time it takes to charge an EV.... Out of 6 stations rarely do I see more than two being used...

Possibly but what I see are people sitting in their cars reading a book... people who drive EV's don't often eat fast food....
I could fill up my truck ten times in the time it takes to charge an EV.... Out of 6 stations rarely do I see more than two being used...
Yeah...that likely will change as the mandates become a reality. Then the lines will be really long. EVs do not have the range a ICE vehicle does. The 1,000 mile day for team driving is gone....

For commute traffic they aren't horrible. There are golf cart communities all over the USA that do exactly that with nothing more than marine batteries. Of course they aren't exactly going fast either.

But the annual "Trip to Grandmother's house" is now cancled....because it will take too long to stop, find a charger, charge the vehicle and get back to driving twice over 2 days time. Instead of gassing once for a 6hr trip.

Yeah...that likely will change as the mandates become a reality. Then the lines will be really long. EVs do not have the range a ICE vehicle does. The 1,000 mile day for team driving is gone....

For commute traffic they aren't horrible. There are golf cart communities all over the USA that do exactly that with nothing more than marine batteries. Of course they aren't exactly going fast either.

But the annual "Trip to Grandmother's house" is now cancled....because it will take too long to stop, find a charger, charge the vehicle and get back to driving twice over 2 days time. Instead of gassing once for a 6hr trip.

Wow you are gullible also.

Wow you are gullible also.
If you have something to say....say it.

Don't just post an a character assassination that just about everyone already knows is false. (It makes YOU look like an idiot)

Say something that you KNOW to be true...not something you heard from someone else. Not some bit of propaganda pushed out by people who stand to profit....something you actually know to be true.

If you have something to say....say it.

I did.

Don't just post an a character assassination that just about everyone already knows is false. (It makes YOU look like an idiot)

Say something that you KNOW to be true...not something you heard from someone else. Not some bit of propaganda pushed out by people who stand to profit....something you actually know to be true.

Fact. In our lifetime there will always be ICE vehicles. You getting spazzed out over empty political rhetoric is nothing more than you being gullible to empty heads.

When they can make a pick up that can travel 2500 miles on a single charge I'll consider buying one... if by then we haven't destroyed the planet by mining for all the raw materials and minerals needed for them...
I guarantee that by 2050 we will have moved on laughing from Electric Cars....

Forum List

Back