House fails to extend Patriot Act surveillance as Republicans defect

So I wonder if this means law enforcement has to go back to getting a (basically useless) wire tap on each individual phone again as opposed to on the person. By the time the individual wire tap order is approved that phone has been tossed by the bad guys. Also will the intelligence agencies no longer be allowed to intercommunicate. Both were the primary provisions in the Patriot Act. Also, warrantless wiretaps will still be legally preformed as they always have in the past, even prior to the Patriot Act.
Interesting.

Hows that Tea Party thing working out for ya on the right?

Grab some wood bub. You're talking out of your ass as if you're even anywhere close to even field goal range. You pukes are finished. Flapping your jaws about pipe dreams sounds real good but at the end of the day, The people spoke and the people will speak again. :razz: ~BH

yep the people will speak again by re-electing the same party line ones.

Hows that Tea Party thing working out for ya on the right?

Grab some wood bub. You're talking out of your ass as if you're even anywhere close to even field goal range. You pukes are finished. Flapping your jaws about pipe dreams sounds real good but at the end of the day, The people spoke and the people will speak again. :razz: ~BH

yep the people will speak again by re-electing the same party line ones.

Unfortunately so. ~BH

So I wonder if this means law enforcement has to go back to getting a (basically useless) wire tap on each individual phone again as opposed to on the person. By the time the individual wire tap order is approved that phone has been tossed by the bad guys. Also will the intelligence agencies no longer be allowed to intercommunicate. Both were the primary provisions in the Patriot Act. Also, warrantless wiretaps will still be legally preformed as they always have in the past, even prior to the Patriot Act.
Interesting.

Once again this required a 2/3rds vote. They easily will pass it with a majority vote. Only 148 voted no. Just means they will have to defeat a few stupid amendments in the process, gain an easy task 277 voted YES.

435 voting members of the House. It takes 218 to pass a measure normally, they had 277 vote yes. This means that the provisions will pass and most amendments will be defeated easily. This means that 124 disgruntled Democrats that voted AGAINST their own Party President look even stupider then usual.

House TP Caucus:

Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
Todd Akin (MO-2)
Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
Joe Barton (TX-6)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
Rob Bishop (UT-1)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Dan Burton (IN-5)
John Carter (TX-31)
Howard Coble (NC-6)
Mike Coffman (CO-6)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
John Culberson (TX-7)
John Fleming (LA-4)
Trent Franks (AZ-2)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
Tom Graves (GA-9)
Ralph Hall (TX-4)
Gregg Harper (MS-3)
Wally Herger (CA-2)
Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Steve King (IA-5)
Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-9)
Cynthia Lummis (WY)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-4)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Jerry Moran (KS-1)
Sue Myrick (NC-9)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Mike Pence (IN-6)
Ted Poe (TX-2)
Tom Price (GA-6)
Denny Rehberg (MT)
Phil Roe (TN-1)
Ed Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-1)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
John Shadegg (AZ-3)
Adrian Smith (NE-3)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
Zach Wamp (TN-3)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
Joe Wilson (SC-2)

Bold are the ones who voted against the extension
lets hope some of the ones that voted for this get some emails and phone calls from their constituents

how about next they do away with DHS
i never liked the name of that from the get go

House TP Caucus:

Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
Todd Akin (MO-2)
Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
Joe Barton (TX-6)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
Rob Bishop (UT-1)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Dan Burton (IN-5)
John Carter (TX-31)
Howard Coble (NC-6)
Mike Coffman (CO-6)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
John Culberson (TX-7)
John Fleming (LA-4)
Trent Franks (AZ-2)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
Tom Graves (GA-9)
Ralph Hall (TX-4)
Gregg Harper (MS-3)
Wally Herger (CA-2)
Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Steve King (IA-5)
Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
Cynthia Lummis (WY)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-4)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Jerry Moran (KS-1)
Sue Myrick (NC-9)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Mike Pence (IN-6)
Ted Poe (TX-2)
Tom Price (GA-6)
Denny Rehberg (MT)
Phil Roe (TN-1)
Ed Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-1)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
John Shadegg (AZ-3)
Adrian Smith (NE-3)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
Zach Wamp (TN-3)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
Joe Wilson (SC-2)

lets hope some of the ones that voted for this get some emails and phone calls from their constituents

Yes. lets strip away important laws that keep us safe cause some morons can not understand the Constitution.

House TP Caucus:

Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
Todd Akin (MO-2)
Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
Joe Barton (TX-6)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
Rob Bishop (UT-1)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Dan Burton (IN-5)
John Carter (TX-31)
Howard Coble (NC-6)
Mike Coffman (CO-6)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
John Culberson (TX-7)
John Fleming (LA-4)
Trent Franks (AZ-2)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
Tom Graves (GA-9)
Ralph Hall (TX-4)
Gregg Harper (MS-3)
Wally Herger (CA-2)
Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Steve King (IA-5)
Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
Cynthia Lummis (WY)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-4)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Jerry Moran (KS-1)
Sue Myrick (NC-9)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Mike Pence (IN-6)
Ted Poe (TX-2)
Tom Price (GA-6)
Denny Rehberg (MT)
Phil Roe (TN-1)
Ed Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-1)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
John Shadegg (AZ-3)
Adrian Smith (NE-3)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
Zach Wamp (TN-3)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
Joe Wilson (SC-2)

Yes. lets strip away important laws that keep us safe cause some morons can not understand the Constitution.
you dont seem to understand that many of these measures were not needed to do that job, right?

you dont seem to understand that many of these measures were not needed to do that job, right?

Which ones? Oh yeah, the ones the courts determined were unconstitutional and removed. Apparently unlike many posting here, I pay attention to what has happened since the Patriot Act was enacted. You do realize this move by some politicians was nothing more than playing to the constituency, a rather uninformed constituency I might add......... But then again, what else is new.

Umm just doing a count looks like several (at least half) of the TP cauucus members did not vote against the extension.

HMM they need to be identified and talked bad about on Glen Beck's show.

They're so in lockstep that when a few dissenters take a stand, it becomes a big deal. It was presented that way on the news, they said the Teaparty sabatoged Republican efforts.

:eusa_eh:

The Tea Party just did something that our current commander in chief claimed he was going to do... they gave me hope for the future of this nation.

Interesting.

I hope so.:clap2:

Interesting.

Once again this required a 2/3rds vote. They easily will pass it with a majority vote. Only 148 voted no. Just means they will have to defeat a few stupid amendments in the process, gain an easy task 277 voted YES.

OH! But surely our great American hero Obama who brings hope, change, and progressive good feelings to the World will strike this down immediately...

Oh, wait...

I forgot.

Last edited:
House TP Caucus:

Robert Aderholt (AL-4)
Todd Akin (MO-2)
Rodney Alexander (LA-5)
Michele Bachmann (MN-6)
Joe Barton (TX-6)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-6)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-9)
Rob Bishop (UT-1)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Dan Burton (IN-5)
John Carter (TX-31)
Howard Coble (NC-6)
Mike Coffman (CO-6)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-4)
John Culberson (TX-7)
John Fleming (LA-4)
Trent Franks (AZ-2)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-1)
Tom Graves (GA-9)
Ralph Hall (TX-4)
Gregg Harper (MS-3)
Wally Herger (CA-2)
Pete Hoekstra (MI-2)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
Steve King (IA-5)
Doug Lamborn (CO-5)
Cynthia Lummis (WY)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-4)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Jerry Moran (KS-1)
Sue Myrick (NC-9)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Mike Pence (IN-6)
Ted Poe (TX-2)
Tom Price (GA-6)
Denny Rehberg (MT)
Phil Roe (TN-1)
Ed Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-1)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
John Shadegg (AZ-3)
Adrian Smith (NE-3)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-6)
Todd Tiahrt (KS-4)
Zach Wamp (TN-3)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-3)
Joe Wilson (SC-2)

"The man who prays to be 'protected' by politicians, guarded by armed soldiers, 'saved' by lying, deceitful priests, and redeemed and made 'equal' by State 'legislation' is indeed a miserable sinner—a vile, despicable, un-manly wretch."

Interesting.

OH! But surely our great American hero Obama who brings hope, change, and proggresive good feelings to the World will strike this down immediately...

Oh, wait...

I forgot.

:lol:

Yeah, fat chance of THAT happening.

Interesting.

So you want law enforcement to operate in a 21th century environment with 19th century technology. I wonder why that is? Ummmmmmmm..............

Interesting.

So you want law enforcement to operate in a 21th century environment with 19th century technology. I wonder why that is? Ummmmmmmm..............
you do know that "wiretaps" are archaic, right?
and that thats not what they are actually doing
and it hasnt been done in at least a decade
if not 2

Forum List

Back