House fails to extend Patriot Act surveillance as Republicans defect

I hope so.:clap2:
So you want law enforcement to operate in a 21th century environment with 19th century technology. I wonder why that is? Ummmmmmmm..............
you do know that "wiretaps" are archaic, right?
and that thats not what they are actually doing
and it hasnt been done in at least a decade
if not 2

Ummmmm, do you know "wire tap" is a generic term in the 21st century, and that "hard lines" can still be tapped?

As has already been pointed out, the amendments will be stripped away, and the law will be passed easily, as it was.

Likely before Tuesday.

So you want law enforcement to operate in a 21th century environment with 19th century technology. I wonder why that is? Ummmmmmmm..............
if not 2

Ummmmm, do you know "wire tap" is a generic term in the 21st century, and that "hard lines" can still be tapped?
yes, it is still possible to do a "wiretap" but it would be a total waste of time since all calls are digital now it makes more sense to do the digital capture of info/data

if not 2

yes, it is still possible to do a "wiretap" but it would be a total waste of time since all calls are digital now it makes more sense to do the digital capture of info/data

I know, like I said the term "wire tap" has become a cultural generic usage phrase for eavesdropping.

So I wonder if this means law enforcement has to go back to getting a (basically useless) wire tap on each individual phone again as opposed to on the person. By the time the individual wire tap order is approved that phone has been tossed by the bad guys. Also will the intelligence agencies no longer be allowed to intercommunicate. Both were the primary provisions in the Patriot Act. Also, warrantless wiretaps will still be legally preformed as they always have in the past, even prior to the Patriot Act.
Interesting.

I personally get sick to my stomach when people insist that we need to give the government power to find "new ways" to "protect us". No matter what century we're in more power equals more corruption. We don't need more programs and "better law enforcement". I have a weapon and a God. That's enough for me.

I personally get sick to my stomach when people insist that we need to give the government power to find "new ways" to "protect us". No matter what century we're in more power equals more corruption. We don't need more programs and "better law enforcement". I have a weapon and a God. That's enough for me.

Interesting take. Of course you do know law enforcement still has to follow established law and get a warrant to "tap" the person(s) being investigated within our boarders, right?

Forum List

Back