Honestly! Do you think America is as great a country as it was ?

I always think of America as great. I personally think we're a greater nation because of some of the things that've happened politically (ie: health reform), but that's just my opinion. We can always improve though.. Make it a greater nation for all peoples.

Last edited:
I always think of America as great. I personally think we're a greater nation because of some of the things that've happened politically (ie: health reform), but that's just my opinion.

I think everything has gone downhill, schools, Gov't, Economy, Jobs just about every thing in America

Hey we are in the top 3 in confidence level.

Who are the other two?

But, froggy. I think it's a bit early to start probing the nation for whether or not they think that America is a shadow of its former self. It's undeniably the most powerful nation on earth, but it's only been flexing its muscles for sixty years as a world power.

There's far more left in the old girl to write her off so early into her infancy.

Last edited:
I think we are great and getting greater, our shittiest days are behind us.

Hey we are in the top 3 in confidence level.

Who are the other two?

But, froggy. I think it's a bit early to start probing the nation for whether or not they think that America is a shadow of its former self. It's undeniably the most powerful nation on earth, but it's only been flexing its muscles for sixty years as a world power.

There's far more left in the old girl to write her off so early into her infancy.

I dont know about that China is running a close race with us.

I always think of America as great. I personally think we're a greater nation because of some of the things that've happened politically (ie: health reform), but that's just my opinion. We can always improve though.. Make it a greater nation for all peoples.

Because rationing care, increasing costs, and ensuring people die at younger ages is definitely benefiting society. :cuckoo:

America is only as good as the people are. And unfortunately we are in a society of incredibly corrupt people. So much so we don't even recognize it most of the time.

What we need to do is learn how to be honest. We need to learn how to work hard to produce things. We need to take care of our own needs and our families and and stop taking government hands outs.

Take a look at how fucked up other countries are.
We are fatter than ever cause we are richer than ever.
Our poor eat better than most countries middle class.
Yes we are spoiled rotten.

Last edited:
I'd say we have been slipping since the 60's. Our moral fiber has eroded. Our independent nature has withered.

In the 70's - 80's, if you brought a gun to school, you wanted to show it to you friends. not "pop a cap in somebodies ass".

If you got in a fight, your weapon was a fist, if you used an actual weapon, you were a punk and got ostersized until you won or lost a bare knuckle fight

If you pants were to big, you wore a belt to hold them up, not show off your underwear.

If you talked back to the teacher, you got paddled, now you go on youtube b/c you stuck to the man.

being on welfare was shamefull

Getting an abortion was shamefull

going to jail was shamefull

haveing bastard kids was shamefull

on and on.

i think that is the problem with many conservatives...they sit about and moan ...how great this country use to be...well i am not gonna do that....i truly think american will be seen as a great country and our best days are not behind but ahead....i feel sorry for people like froggy its as if they have no hope...

remember at the bottom of pandora's box...hope was found

I always think of America as great. I personally think we're a greater nation because of some of the things that've happened politically (ie: health reform), but that's just my opinion.

I think everything has gone downhill, schools, Gov't, Economy, Jobs just about every thing in America
:cuckoo: You would have been a huge downer if you were a Brit when the Nazis were attacking. What a wuss.

A House Divided Cannot Stand. Hell no we are not as great as we used to be. How can we be great when our demonRats presidents act the way they do?

Great thinkers and great companies. We have more than any two countries combined.

Forum List

Back