Honestly! Do you think America is as great a country as it was ?

Pre 2007, The 90's. Just a couple of times :)

I disagree. My life is better now than it was in the 90s.

Many Millions of Americans do not feel the same.

Nearly twice as many people are out of work as either of those times. Our National Debt is MUCH higher. Nothing has been done to address most of the underlying issues that are a drag on our Economy and a threat to our Future.

I can not see how anyone could think over all we are better off now than then. Your personal Situation aside.

My point is that it's entirely arbitrary. Each and every person it the world will have some period that they look back on as "better" than now.

Live in the now. There's no way to travel back in time.

I disagree. My life is better now than it was in the 90s.

Many Millions of Americans do not feel the same.

Nearly twice as many people are out of work as either of those times. Our National Debt is MUCH higher. Nothing has been done to address most of the underlying issues that are a drag on our Economy and a threat to our Future.

I can not see how anyone could think over all we are better off now than then. Your personal Situation aside.

My point is that it's entirely arbitrary. Each and every person it the world will have some period that they look back on as "better" than now.

Live in the now. There's no way to travel back in time.

his question was do you think WE are better off, not are you better off. Meaning as a whole. More people than any time in recent history are listed a living under poverty. More people than Ever are living on Welfare. Way more people than the 2 times I mentioned are facing foreclosure. Sorry but it is not arbitrary. No reasonable assessment of the Nation as a Whole can say we are better off than we have been at times in the past.

Last edited:
The poor are worse (lol the fat bastards) the middle class are fine and the upper class is rockin.

Ya, we are a lot better nation now that Obama sold us out for billions and billions to the pharmaceutical (at least 80 for them, thanks)and insurance agencies (hundreds of billions, thanks)

That's what I think.

Greatest time of our nation. The quiet before the revolution.

Our nation has always been a hotbed of contradictions. We declared the equality of mankind, while we were still a slave nation. And, originally, only if you were white, 21, male, and a land owner, were you allowed to vote.

We settled the slavery question with a massive bloody war. And freed black men, even as we were stealing the lands and imprisoning red men on reservations.

Today, in our supposedly eglatarian society, the wealth disparity between the working men and women and the wealthy is greater than it has ever been in our history. And the working class pays a higher percentage of their income in taxes than do the very wealthy.

We like to brag about being first in innovation, yet rank at the bottom now in fast internet connections for the majority of the population. And, like health care, we pay a lot more than the nations that outrank us for our connections to the net.

Our scientists were the first to alert the world to the dangers presented by global warming, and now this is being used in an anti-science campaign by one of the two major political parties. We were first to go to the moon, after being profoundly embarressed by Sputnik. Yet today, we are dependent on the Russians to get us to the space station.

Yet, in spite of ingrained prejudices, we elected a young man with african ancestory to the White House. In spite of a 1 and 1/2 million dollar a day lobbying campaign by the health insurance agencies, we got the beginnings of health care for this nation. The 111th Congress has very solid record of achievement, and are vilefied by both liberals and conservatives.

In spite of a campaign of lies and misinformation, the US has the most alternative energy online of any nation in the world. And stands to lose that position to China if we do not continue to innovate and develop all energy sources.

How do I feel about my nation? If you measure this nation by any hardline ideology by what ever side of the fence, we are over the hill. If you compare us to other natons in similiar positons of power, we look like the shining city on the hill.

Our future. Bright, and getting better.

i think that is the problem with many conservatives...they sit about and moan ...how great this country use to be...well i am not gonna do that....i truly think american will be seen as a great country and our best days are not behind but ahead....i feel sorry for people like froggy its as if they have no hope...

remember at the bottom of pandora's box...hope was found

Did Froggy say we were hopeless? Wait...didn't we just vote for hope? Apparently we needed some...oh yeah...and change. We needed that too...so according to the hope and change candidate, and his wife, we aren't a great nation. It's why he wants to change it... or in this case keep it in the shitter.

But alas...there IS hope. And it arrives on Nov 2 and then again in '12.

Then we'll get some change that works for America instead of the rest of the world.

try this froggy
A2.preview.jpg

nice work, whoever did it.

i think that is the problem with many conservatives...they sit about and moan ...how great this country use to be...well i am not gonna do that....i truly think american will be seen as a great country and our best days are not behind but ahead....i feel sorry for people like froggy its as if they have no hope...

Did Froggy say we were hopeless? Wait...didn't we just vote for hope? Apparently we needed some...oh yeah...and change. We needed that too...so according to the hope and change candidate, and his wife, we aren't a great nation. It's why he wants to change it... or in this case keep it in the shitter.

But alas...there IS hope. And it arrives on Nov 2 and then again in '12.

Then we'll get some change that works for America instead of the rest of the world.

What we hope for is a change from the change.

Count your change? :eek:

This country is in it's death throws. The quicker you people understand this sobering fact then the quicker we can go about changing it and if you won't then your apathy will make some of us deal with it in ways you certainly don't want.

America has grown spoiled fat and lazy.
To get back in "shape" will require sacrifice. America is not ready for that yet, some more suffering and maturing is needed before the people admit their problems and straighten up.
no pain no gain.

I always think of America as great. I personally think we're a greater nation because of some of the things that've happened politically (ie: health reform), but that's just my opinion. We can always improve though.. Make it a greater nation for all peoples.

Because rationing care, increasing costs, and ensuring people die at younger ages is definitely benefiting society. :cuckoo:

Can I have a real world example of a country whose life expectancy dropped due to public healthcare?

I always think of America as great. I personally think we're a greater nation because of some of the things that've happened politically (ie: health reform), but that's just my opinion. We can always improve though.. Make it a greater nation for all peoples.

Because rationing care, increasing costs, and ensuring people die at younger ages is definitely benefiting society. :cuckoo:

Can I have a real world example of a country whose life expectancy dropped due to public healthcare?

I know one.

Until this country tackles the rapid increase in illiteracy, we will never be as great as we once were. We will become followers, not leaders.

Illiteracy - Major U.S. Problem
The latest study found that in the years between 1992 and 2003 about 23 millions of people were added to the population of the United States, and among them almost 3.6 million were illiterate adults. The figures are not kind at all. 75 per cent of unemployed adults have difficulty to read and write on a basic level. 7 in ten 10 adults sentenced to prison perform at the lowest literacy levels. Studies show that 24 per cent of patients with low reading skills even fail to read and understand the instructions or a medication's side effects printed on a pill bottle, not to talk about reading a newspaper. One of the researchers at the U.S. Education Department said that these people often cannot read paragraphs or sentences that are connected together.
If parents can't read, there is a good chance children will be poor readers as well.

Our primary education system needs to return to the basics and stop pandering to parents, school boards and unions in order to rush kids through 12 years of crucial learning by passing on students from one year to the next when they have not learned what they need to in their present grade.

America has been sold out to every other country there is, hardly any thing made in America is own by an American company Getting to be a second.

Forum List

Back