Honestly! Do you think America is as great a country as it was ?

because smart people have figured out paying unions 100,000 to snap on light bulbs is retarded.

The average and higher incomes are going up year after year. Yes it's getting really tough for the stupid. It's always been tough on the uneducated.

i know one cannot just 'hope' it...but we must unite and work hard to our common goals

Unfortunately, our friends on the right seem to have developed an allergy to compromise. Rather than the foundation of our nation, they now see it as the plague.

Sorry, it's hard to work with people on the left when you know they lie through their teeth and call everyone BUT themselves racists. Suck a donkey appendage whydonchya?

hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

because smart people have figured out paying unions 100,000 to snap on light bulbs is retarded.

The average and higher incomes are going up year after year. Yes it's getting really tough for the stupid. It's always been tough on the uneducated.

What world are you living in poverty is on the increase in America in all classes of people.

Going to the moon was the last great thing we did as a country.

And that was over 40 years ago.

What world are you living in poverty is on the increase in America in all classes of people.

I'm living in the one that know's that's horseshit. There are 8 million millionaires and rising in the country.
The so called poverty level is a statistical % of the average income. As that income rises so does the so called poverty level. People living in poverty here have AC, cable, cars, etc and are fatter than European middle class. Child please

It was the beginning of the end when we went after Korea. The Nazi's took over the goobermint and created an unsustainable permanent war economy which benefited few.

I just takes a lot of time for something so incredibly big to turn to rubble.
The US is now in a post industrial age and will become as third world nations who are currently in, or now entering, the very times that made murka America

When they said "the souths gonna rise again" they meant WAY south.
If they can just get the IMF to leave them alone like Lula did, they'll be fine.
Those assholes begged Lula not to pay them off. He told'em fuck off.

WTF do mean we?
Look around you, that is a third world country. The USA will allways be first rate everything. :razz:

Yes, do look around. The USA appears first rate because we've become materialistic fools who must have the best, the biggest, the latest. And it shows. But that hardly means we're rich or even first rate. It means we're showy. It means we spend way beyond our means; it means our priorities are all fucked up. I often wonder, when a new IT toy comes on the market and there are hundreds of people lining the streets to be the first to scoop it up, how many of those people sacrificed something of dire importance just to have the latest toy. (As an example of skewed priorities.)

i think that is the problem with many conservatives...they sit about and moan ...how great this country use to be...well i am not gonna do that....i truly think american will be seen as a great country and our best days are not behind but ahead....i feel sorry for people like froggy its as if they have no hope...

remember at the bottom of pandora's box...hope was found

Did Froggy say we were hopeless? Wait...didn't we just vote for hope? Apparently we needed some...oh yeah...and change. We needed that too...so according to the hope and change candidate, and his wife, we aren't a great nation. It's why he wants to change it... or in this case keep it in the shitter.

But alas...there IS hope. And it arrives on Nov 2 and then again in '12.

Then we'll get some change that works for America instead of the rest of the world.

So where is the plan for your own version of "hope and change"??

It was the beginning of the end when we went after Korea. The Nazi's took over the goobermint and created an unsustainable permanent war economy which benefited few.

I just takes a lot of time for something so incredibly big to turn to rubble.
The US is now in a post industrial age and will become as third world nations who are currently in, or now entering, the very times that made murka America

When they said "the souths gonna rise again" they meant WAY south.
If they can just get the IMF to leave them alone like Lula did, they'll be fine.
Those assholes begged Lula not to pay them off. He told'em fuck off.

WTF do mean we?
Look around you, that is a third world country. The USA will allways be first rate everything. :razz:

Yes, do look around. The USA appears first rate because we've become materialistic fools who must have the best, the biggest, the latest. And it shows. But that hardly means we're rich or even first rate. It means we're showy. It means we spend way beyond our means; it means our priorities are all fucked up. I often wonder, when a new IT toy comes on the market and there are hundreds of people lining the streets to be the first to scoop it up, how many of those people sacrificed something of dire importance just to have the latest toy. (As an example of skewed priorities.)

so you hate capitalism and free choice, what a tard. All of that economic activity pays taxes so you holier than though tards can get more social programs. LOFL

America has grown spoiled fat and lazy.
To get back in "shape" will require sacrifice. America is not ready for that yet, some more suffering and maturing is needed before the people admit their problems and straighten up.
no pain no gain.

Friedman as usual hits the nail on the head. I posted this as a new thread a few days ago, but it generated little interest. Surprise surprise. Heads continue to be buried in the sand. This is the sad, sad truth:

Excerpt:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/opinion/12friedman.html?_r=1
Ask yourself: What made our Greatest Generation great? First, the problems they faced were huge, merciless and inescapable: the Depression, Nazism and Soviet Communism. Second, the Greatest Generation’s leaders were never afraid to ask Americans to sacrifice. Third, that generation was ready to sacrifice, and pull together, for the good of the country. And fourth, because they were ready to do hard things, they earned global leadership the only way you can, by saying: “Follow me.”

Contrast that with the Baby Boomer Generation. Our big problems are unfolding incrementally — the decline in U.S. education, competitiveness and infrastructure, as well as oil addiction and climate change. Our generation’s leaders never dare utter the word “sacrifice.” All solutions must be painless. Which drug would you like? A stimulus from Democrats or a tax cut from Republicans? A national energy policy? Too hard. For a decade we sent our best minds not to make computer chips in Silicon Valley but to make poker chips on Wall Street, while telling ourselves we could have the American dream — a home — without saving and investing, for nothing down and nothing to pay for two years. Our leadership message to the world [now] (except for our brave soldiers): “After you.”

That's simply not true.

Average incomes fell. Average taxpayer income was down $3,512, or 5.7 percent, in 2008 compared with 2000, President Bush's own benchmark year for his promises of prosperity through tax cuts.

Had incomes stayed at 2000 levels, the average taxpayer would have earned almost $21,000 more over those eight years. That's almost $50 per week.

tax.com: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

You can check the SOI tables there, and discover a wealth of other statistical information regarding income. Higher education opportunities ARE improving, however. Now those people need to find jobs that will fit their academic credentials which is the hard part.

WTF do mean we?

so you hate capitalism and free choice, what a tard. All of that economic activity pays taxes so you holier than though tards can get more social programs. LOFL

I never said that, genius. Just as the country can't survive much longer being in debt to foreign nations, we (as individuals) AND CAPITALISM, will not survive as long as its people are in debt up to their eyeballs. Get real.

You seem to be jumping all around the playing board with your opinions today. Smoking some of that cannabis you often tout as the answer to everything? Must be Acupulco Gold today.

For the first time in my life, I see our nation as a nation that is so divided, that it is not much different than Europe.

We are only trailing Europe maybe by 50 years or so

Take a look at how fucked up other countries are.
We are fatter than ever cause we are richer than ever.
Our poor eat better than most countries middle class.
Yes we are spoiled rotten.

Your poor eat better then the middle-class of most-countries?
You're fat not because of "you eat better", but you eat not good.
You live in a dream-world, wake-up.

I never said that, genius. Just as the country can't survive much longer being in debt to foreign nations, we (as individuals) AND CAPITALISM, will not survive as long as its people are in debt up to their eyeballs. Get real.

You seem to be jumping all around the playing board with your opinions today. Smoking some of that cannabis you often tout as the answer to everything? Must be Acupulco Gold today.

you tard resort to the anti cannbis bullshit when your out of real opinions.
The middle class have way more assets in thier homes today and work way less hard than they uded too. PERIOD

Honestly! Do you think America is as great a country as it was ?
???

No.
The USA passed the point of no-return in terms of debt-to-GDP ratio.
Still rising with enormous deficits and there exist no projections for a US budget with surplus throughout this decade.

Expenses are not covered by revenues. You already have to take new debt just to repay interests of existing debt.
The world will milk you for the next 2-3 decades in a death-cycle of new-debt / interest-payments. A painful decline.

gr-cbo-interest-300.gif

debt never bothered conservatards much when dumbass W was in.
We will boom and produce our way out of the dept trouble.
Only LOSERS think our best days are behind us.

Only LOSERS think our best days are behind us.

What is your argument?
- number of millionaires are rising
- Americans have more intake of junk-food then middle-class of most countries

Push all your 2 thumbs, that it plays out like you said: "Producing and booming".
It has to play out this way, because creditors and liabilities won't go away.
You are not only indebted to the creditors, but you expect them to give you new credits to cover the expenses of the running Government budget - a budget that will run deficits every year this decade.

Forum List

Back