Homosexual marriage

No, I just think that Homosexuality is a cancer on our society. It confuses young impressionable children also.This scurge of Homosexuality must be banned permanently.!!

We must remove them from the society, by what ever means available.
Homosexuality is abnormal, biologically backwards.

Just a question: Have you ever seen the inside of a gas chamber up close? Have you ever touched the walls and heard the shouts that still call out? Have you ever seen the ashes of millions piled high? Have you ever walked over the ground of human bone that look like pebbles at Sobibor? Have you seen the photos of the peopl starved to bone in camps fighting for life just before they are brought to a death camp where the fight stops? Have you ever smelled the smell of death fill the air?

Maybe all the gays and lesbians should be removed? LOL Have you lost all dignity and humanity inside you? What are you basing this arguement on> I am sure it is not a religious source. The post doesn't fit that either. Maybe you need to step back and think of what you say.

Last edited:
No, I just think that Homosexuality is a cancer on our society. It confuses young impressionable children also.This scurge of Homosexuality must be banned permanently.!!

Just a question: Have you ever seen the inside of a gas chamber up close? Have you ever touched the walls and heard the shouts that still call out? Have you ever seen the ashes of millions piled high? Have you ever walked over the ground of human bone that look like pebbles at Sobibor? Have you seen the photos of the peopl starved to bone in camps fighting for life just before they are brought to a death camp where the fight stops? Have you ever smelled the smell of death fill the air?

Maybe all the gays and lesbians should be removed? LOL Have you lost all dignity and humanity inside you? What are you basing this arguement on> I am sure it is not a religious source. The post doesn't fit that either. Maybe you need to step back and think of what you say.

Disengenious tripe. You are honestly going to compare the act of Marriage and the refusal of the State to allow Gays to marry the same as the holocaust? As for 52 he is a black man that happens to be a bigot and a racist.

However I also oppose teaching our young that it is fine and dandy for homosexual sex to be considered normal and part of everyday life. Less than 3 percent of the population is homosexual and last I checked if they would stop trying to shove their lifestyle down the other 97 percents throat we would have no real problems.

California allows civil Unions that give gays all the same power and protection as marriage without calling it a marriage. But Gays are not happy with that. Hate to break it to you, but you do not get respect nor acceptance by trying to FORCING people to accept your life style.

The California Constitution protects gays just as it protects everyone else, as does the US Constitution. What you want is SPECIAL protection, SPECIAL STATUS.

California allows civil Unions that give gays all the same power and protection as marriage without calling it a marriage. But Gays are not happy with that.

Im fully on board with treating gay people as equals, because they are, they just happen to have a different sexual preference than most, but i couldnt care less about that. I do however have mixed feelings about allowing gay people to get married, which is a term used to describe the union between a man and woman; its always been that way. I have no problems with them having the same rights as any married couple, but i dont see why it should be called a marriage, and its a little weird that they would choose the exact same marriage format that religious people use for their weddings, with a priest and all that. It would be like me starting my own religion that worships Golem from Lord of the Rings, yet i stole the idea of blessing people with holy water and confessional booths from the Catholics, and we wear a jewish yarmulke and magic Mormon underwear. It would be ridiculous and offensive.

You cant just steal someones idea of marriage, to then redefine it to make it fit your situation. This is coming from a guy who is totally NOT homophobic, and im an atheiest, so i have no agenda.

Last edited:

Should they (homosexuals) be exterminated ? How far would you go?[/QUOTE]

Homosexuality is abnormal, biologically backwards.[/QUOTE]

Disengenious tripe. You are honestly going to compare the act of Marriage and the refusal of the State to allow Gays to marry the same as the holocaust? As for 52 he is a black man that happens to be a bigot and a racist.

However I also oppose teaching our young that it is fine and dandy for homosexual sex to be considered normal and part of everyday life. Less than 3 percent of the population is homosexual and last I checked if they would stop trying to shove their lifestyle down the other 97 percents throat we would have no real problems.

California allows civil Unions that give gays all the same power and protection as marriage without calling it a marriage. But Gays are not happy with that. Hate to break it to you, but you do not get respect nor acceptance by trying to FORCING people to accept your life style.

The California Constitution protects gays just as it protects everyone else, as does the US Constitution. What you want is SPECIAL protection, SPECIAL STATUS.

Well first off I have to consider your post and your difficulty with reading comprehension.

I am sorry you have that problem. It is possible that you can take a course to help you with that.

My comments in this post were directed to the post that I quoted by: 52ndStreet. You difficulty caused you to miss that. I hope that you get that corrected and save yourself the embarassment of making very wrong comments as you have in this case. Nowhere did I even loosely allude to the passing of prop 8 to what happened in WWII NS Germany.

Your opinion of 52ndStreet is also not my concern. It was to him that my post was applied. It was to his phrase whatever it takes to get rid of gays. As far as my post goes I do not even offer an opinion on Prop 8. You jumped to a conclusion obviously because of the reading comprehension problem and not because you are just stupid and pass judgement before you read anything.

So you may want to reread this and seek help from a friend so that you can understand it the next time. That will avoid this problem of your misunderstanding someones post. Thank you very much.

Should they (homosexuals) be exterminated ? How far would you go?

Homosexuality is abnormal, biologically backwards.[/QUOTE]

Well first off I have to consider your post and your difficulty with reading comprehension.

I am sorry you have that problem. It is possible that you can take a course to help you with that.

My comments in this post were directed to the post that I quoted by: 52ndStreet. You difficulty caused you to miss that. I hope that you get that corrected and save yourself the embarassment of making very wrong comments as you have in this case. Nowhere did I even loosely allude to the passing of prop 8 to what happened in WWII NS Germany.

Your opinion of 52ndStreet is also not my concern. It was to him that my post was applied. It was to his phrase whatever it takes to get rid of gays. As far as my post goes I do not even offer an opinion on Prop 8. You jumped to a conclusion obviously because of the reading comprehension problem and not because you are just stupid and pass judgement before you read anything.

So you may want to reread this and seek help from a friend so that you can understand it the next time. That will avoid this problem of your misunderstanding someones post. Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Absolute bullshit. 52nd wants to get rid of gays, however he did not say murder them or harm them, now did he? YOU decided to equate that to Nazi extermination camps, now DIDN'T you? And this all came up because of Proposition 8, now DIDN'T it?

You may want to get that remedial reading comprehension class you speak of.

California allows civil Unions that give gays all the same power and protection as marriage without calling it a marriage. But Gays are not happy with that.

Im fully on board with treating gay people as equals, because they are, they just happen to have a different sexual preference than most, but i couldnt care less about that. I do however have mixed feelings about allowing gay people to get married, which is a term used to describe the union between a man and woman; its always been that way. I have no problems with them having the same rights as any married couple, but i dont see why it should be called a marriage, and its a little weird that they would choose the exact same marriage format that religious people use for their weddings, with a priest and all that. It would be like me starting my own religion that worships Golem from Lord of the Rings, yet i stole the idea of blessing people with holy water and confessional booths from the Catholics, and we wear a jewish yarmulke and magic Mormon underwear. It would be ridiculous and offensive.

You cant just steal someones idea of marriage, to then redefine it to make it fit your situation. This is coming from a guy who is totally NOT homophobic, and im an atheiest, so i have no agenda.

marriage –noun 1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.
4. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage; homosexual marriage.
5. any close or intimate association or union: the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
6. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
7. a blending or matching of different elements or components: The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
8. Cards. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle. Compare royal marriage.
9. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.
marriage definition | Dictionary.com

I am glad that you think that gays and lesbians are equal but less because you would deny them a marriage that is accepted in all 50 states like hetero couples. You would allow them a civil union that is onlt accepted in the state of California. That is equality but not exactly.

The first item - I point out is that marriage has many meanings beyond a man and a woman union. I added the definitions so you could study up.

The second item - You state "the exact same marriage format that religious people use for their weddings" Well religious people are not the only ones that are married. I hate to burst your bubble on that one. Men and women are married by Judges every day. They would be considered secular weddings. So religious people do not have a lock on weddings.

The Third item - You sound as if gays and lesbians will be married in churches. Refering back to item two churches are not the only place people get married. As a lesbian myself I would not expext a church to change its beliefs because of me.

In conclusion: I would be offended to be forced to marry in a church. The very idea of god is an insult to intelligence everywhere. The concept just defies logic. The religious are morally backrupt judging people and forcing their rules on everyone. They are akin to an American Taliban and we all know what the Taliban os like.

So Same sex marriage or civil union is just fine as long as the rules are the same and they accepted in all 50 states and not just one. Otherwise Prop 8 needs to be brought down. Thanks for your lovely post.

Should they (homosexuals) be exterminated ? How far would you go?

So you may want to reread this and seek help from a friend so that you can understand it the next time. That will avoid this problem of your misunderstanding someones post. Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Absolute bullshit. 52nd wants to get rid of gays, however he did not say murder them or harm them, now did he? YOU decided to equate that to Nazi extermination camps, now DIDN'T you? And this all came up because of Proposition 8, now DIDN'T it?

You may want to get that remedial reading comprehension class you speak of.[/QUOTE]

Well when 52ndstreet states, "We must remove them from the society, by what ever means available." What does that mean?

Yes I did associate it to the NS in WWII. The statement is very close to the phrases that were used to begin the Final Solution at the meeting in Wannsee. You can take it for whatever you think.

Since in my post in response to 52ndstreet I never once used the term Prop 8. It had nothing to do with that. It had to do with the repugnant statement 52ndStreet made. Again you display a difficulty with reading comprehension. I am tried of having to explain posts to you. Next you respond please seek help from someone that understands what they read. I am asking nicely. I just don't want to assume that you are a stupid dumb moron so I am just guessing you just have a minor learning disability. Thank you for your getting help in advance so further posting will be easier.

marriage –noun 1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
2. the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
3. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of a man and woman to live as husband and wife, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage.
4. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction: trial marriage; homosexual marriage.
5. any close or intimate association or union: the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
6. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
7. a blending or matching of different elements or components: The new lipstick is a beautiful marriage of fragrance and texture.
8. Cards. a meld of the king and queen of a suit, as in pinochle. Compare royal marriage.
9. a piece of antique furniture assembled from components of two or more authentic pieces.

I am glad that you think that gays and lesbians are equal but less because you would deny them a marriage that is accepted in all 50 states like hetero couples. You would allow them a civil union that is onlt accepted in the state of California. That is equality but not exactly.

The first item - I point out is that marriage has many meanings beyond a man and a woman union. I added the definitions so you could study up.

The second item - You state "the exact same marriage format that religious people use for their weddings" Well religious people are not the only ones that are married. I hate to burst your bubble on that one. Men and women are married by Judges every day. They would be considered secular weddings. So religious people do not have a lock on weddings.

The Third item - You sound as if gays and lesbians will be married in churches. Refering back to item two churches are not the only place people get married. As a lesbian myself I would not expext a church to change its beliefs because of me.

In conclusion: I would be offended to be forced to marry in a church. The very idea of god is an insult to intelligence everywhere. The concept just defies logic. The religious are morally backrupt judging people and forcing their rules on everyone. They are akin to an American Taliban and we all know what the Taliban os like.

So Same sex marriage or civil union is just fine as long as the rules are the same and they accepted in all 50 states and not just one. Otherwise Prop 8 needs to be brought down. Thanks for your lovely post.

Actually if Gays would STOP trying to force their lifestyle on the rest of us they would have Civil Unions in most of the States right now. Instead they chose to demand special treatment and special rules and cry about lost "rights". Once again "Dear" you have not lost any rights. You never had the right to marry the same sex in this country until some Judges decided to legislate from the bench. And then only in a couple States. One State chose to do nothing about the Usurpation of the Constitution and the will of the people, California chose to do something about it. THE PEOPLE proposed an Amendment, got the needed signatures to put it on the ballot and then got the needed votes to pass the Amendment. An Amendment which denies no one any rights at all. It simply defines in the Constitution what a "Marriage" is. Again for the stupid and the slow, Domestic partnerships and Civil Unions in California provide all the same LEGAL powers as Marriage. Thus no one is being denied anything EXCEPT the use of a word and a Stated Condition.

The Courts have no legal say in this process. It will not be LEGALLY overturned by the State or the Federal Government.

You see since no rights are denied, you haven't a leg to stand on. There is no violation of the US or California Constitutions.

I am glad that you think that gays and lesbians are equal but less because you would deny them a marriage

Is making shit up a typical thing for you? Just because i happen to disagree with you, it doesnt give you the right to pretend i said something that i obviously did not say or even suggest. At no point did i say anything about them being "equal but less" and ive been very consistant on these boards about my support for gay people. What a pathetic counter debate.

militia-fail.jpg

Actually if Gays would STOP trying to force their lifestyle on the rest of us they would have Civil Unions in most of the States right now. Instead they chose to demand special treatment and special rules and cry about lost "rights". Once again "Dear" you have not lost any rights. You never had the right to marry the same sex in this country until some Judges decided to legislate from the bench. And then only in a couple States. One State chose to do nothing about the Usurpation of the Constitution and the will of the people, California chose to do something about it. THE PEOPLE proposed an Amendment, got the needed signatures to put it on the ballot and then got the needed votes to pass the Amendment. An Amendment which denies no one any rights at all. It simply defines in the Constitution what a "Marriage" is. Again for the stupid and the slow, Domestic partnerships and Civil Unions in California provide all the same LEGAL powers as Marriage. Thus no one is being denied anything EXCEPT the use of a word and a Stated Condition.

The Courts have no legal say in this process. It will not be LEGALLY overturned by the State or the Federal Government.

You see since no rights are denied, you haven't a leg to stand on. There is no violation of the US or California Constitutions.

Right off the bat I thank you for getting the help with understanding this post was much better than your last two. See a little hekp goes a long way with the comprehesion problem you have.

It is in the CA courts right now. There are cases being prepared for SCOTUS as we write these posts.

If you recall it was against many constitutions for interracial marriage and those were all overturned. Lets just see the outcome of these cases shell we. It is discrimination and the majority is not always correct in accord with law. This is being judged strictly on a religious moral. It will eventually be overturned. I am willing to wait. I did say that i really don't care what they call the union as long as the laws are the same for heterosexuals and homosexuals. It doesn't bother me. Thanks.

I am glad that you think that gays and lesbians are equal but less because you would deny them a marriage

Is making shit up a typical thing for you? Just because i happen to disagree with you, it doesnt give you the right to pretend i said something that i obviously did not say or even suggest. At no point did i say anything about them being "equal but less" and ive been very consistant on these boards about my support for gay people. What a pathetic counter debate.

If you reread your post you will find that my statement is a very fair representation of what you stated. It was very fair. It is what you alluded to in all of your words. Equal but less. So i was not making up anything. Maybe you would like to rephrase what you stated so that there is not a confussion. You did not use those exact words no. I grant you that. This is why I included your entire quote above my post. I did not put quotes around the words I used. So it was not an exact quote. But it is in fact what you meant in the words that you did mange to string together. I am happy that you support gays and lesbians. That is great. How in fact do you support them? It is obvious that you don't support them in this context. So just where and how do you support us?

You can think what I posted before this was pathetic but I read what you said and made the call as to what you were saying.

You said "I do however have mixed feelings about allowing gay people to get married, which is a term used to describe the union between a man and woman; its always been that way."

You did say you would support civil union in CA. But alas that law is not the same as marriage it is in fact less. The civil union is only valid in CA. So what applies is that you believe in equality for gays except in marriage laws. Civil union does not have the same rights. I am with you if civil union has all the same rights and is accepted in all 50 states.

So in essence we never did disagree. We are in fact on the same page.

Then you already have the same rights in California "Dear" it is called Civil Union, or Domestic Partners. Once again, do keep up.

First off Butterball I have not now nor never been a males "dear". Civil union does not carry with it the same rights as marriage. So in fact they are not at all the same.

If you are married and live in California and move to Illinois you are still married. If I have a civil union in California it is not valid in the state of Illinois. So as you see I don't have the same rights.

When posting in a political forum on law it helps to know the laws of which you speak. You don't know the marriage laws in all 50 states. You would not have made the error in thinking that civil union and marriage as defined are different. So you may want to get someone to help you in understanding the law as you did to help you with the reading comprehesion problem that you suffer. Maybe the same person that helped you understand the last two posts can help you in the law department as well. Who knows before this is done you may have an entire team of adbisors at your home so you can keep up in a debate with me. Thanks for your good nature and the help you sought with the understanding.

Gays don't have the same rights...they don't get the income tax bennies.

You are right on the money. They are also not legal in all 50 states.

Neither of which change the facts as presented. In California you have ALL the same legal rights as a married couple while dealing with the State. States do not dictate to the Federal Government what it can and can not do, never have and never will. Except in the Amendment process.

And you are hitching your horse to the wrong cart if you actually believe the Supreme Court is going to rule that the absence of Gay marriage laws violates the Constitution.

The MAJORITY of the people in Congress both Republican and Democratic are OPPOSED to Gay Marriage. If the Court were to rule on it Congress would do as the people of California did and would create an Amendment, which would pass easily in this Country. Once again taking it out of the hands of the Courts where it does not belong.

I don't think so, RGS. If I live in California, or any state, I can enjoy the deductions that the IRS offers to all married couples. If I were gay, I couldn't. That isn't equal.

I don't think so, RGS. If I live in California, or any state, I can enjoy the deductions that the IRS offers to all married couples. If I were gay, I couldn't. That isn't equal.

It is a Federal issue, outside the confines of the State. The State Constitution does not have to consider that at all. And last I checked the Federal Government can still arrest people in States with decriminalized drug laws and charge them with Federal charges, convict them and haul them off to jail.

Once again, the STATE does not have to consider the fact that the Federal Government will not give same sex couples the same tax benefits at all. In fact nothing the State does can force the Federal Government to give gay couples those benefits.

It is a Federal issue, outside the confines of the State. The State Constitution does not have to consider that at all. And last I checked the Federal Government can still arrest people in States with decriminalized drug laws and charge them with Federal charges, convict them and haul them off to jail.

Once again, the STATE does not have to consider the fact that the Federal Government will not give same sex couples the same tax benefits at all. In fact nothing the State does can force the Federal Government to give gay couples those benefits.

State laws must be in accord with the federal Constitution. The state does need to consider the Federal Laws. They had to with regard to Civil Rights, Abortion, Interracial marriage and womens sufferage. Those were Federal changes before the states changed. The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution states " nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. "

You notice it sets the law to the state. Prop 8 deprives me as a lesbian liberty. You just can't do that and ignore the Federal Law. It doesn't work that way.

Law is law. It is never disregarded as you say.

Last time I check there was no definition of marriage in the Federal constitution and there was no definition in the Tax Code.

Forum List

Back