Homosexual marriage

Hey TechEsq,

What if- based on what you stated earlier that marriage is defined as a religious concept- I, as a non-religious person did not want a marriage based on that reason, but instead insisted on having a civil union as a heterosexual. What do you think the legal implications of a scenario like that would be?

So people who don't agree with you are called trolls.

And people who agree with you are refered to as contributors.

But, I guess that's typical of your style Sky Dance.

Don't debate. Just call names. :eusa_angel:

Not trolls. They are debaters. People who agree are also debaters.

I have seen you on other boards and you don't seem to debate. You make statements.

Rather than criticize someone else. You migh want to read the history of some of the major shifys in law in the US. You will find that gays and lesbians are being discriminated against. It may come down to the term civil union that is accepted in every state. It will also give the same rights to same sex as to married. I am not sure how it will come down. But you can take it to the bamk now. Within 3 years same sex marriage will be legal everywhere in the US. Watch and see. Thanks.

You must think I'm not on your side. I'm saying what the law is. In none of my posts on this thread have I stated my opinion. As far as history of major shifts in the law in the US, I could have hardly gotten through law school with doing that. The ESQ on the end of TECH would be because I'm a lawyer. ;)

My opinion, for the record, is that I believe that "marriage" is a religious concept and as such has been recognized by the government. It is not for the government to change that which it does not own. That said, if we wish to change the system so that it is bi-bifurcated like in France, where you get married for government purposes by the government and for religious purposes by a church officiant, that's cool by me. Then, same-sex marriage or civil unions could be done equally for everyone by the government.

Alternatively, if we wanted to create something called a civil union that has all the rights and emoluments as "marriage" that's cool with me too. So mine is more of a theoretical issue than a practical one.

If one were to do jst a little research on MY opinion, one would discover that I advocate that the Government get out of the Marriage business all together. That all unions be called Civil Unions across the entire country and that Marriage be given to the religious.

There is no conflict with civil Unions. No one can get their panties in an uproar because 2 people of the same sex get together in a civil union.

Until the Government does that though, Marriage remains what it IS. A Union between a man and a woman.

As long as the rights are the same for all involved I would have no problem with that. But the religious must first have a civil union. This makes us all equal. They can have the marriage blessed or whatever it is that they do.

Hi Inferno:

It will be. I as a lesbian have been discriminated for more then half a century.

No. You, as a heterosexual female in denial of her ‘true sexuality,’ have been engaged in ‘indecent acts’ in society dominated by God-fearing Christians. You have all the same rights as every other heterosexual female, but ‘you choose’ to “receive the due penalty” of your error. Romans 1:27.

You aren't gay or lesbian because you don't see how we have been discriminated.

Everyone here is either a heterosexual male or a heterosexual female if you want to call yourself the woman in the cotton-picking moon. Inferno has exactly one biological heterosexual father and exactly one biological heterosexual mother ‘and’ exactly like everybody here; so stop lying to yourself and everybody else.

It is the same with civil rights. Whaite people didn't see the discrimination before the civil rights movement of the 50's 60's and 70's.

Bullony! Every white person and every black person and every red and yellow person and brown person is either a heterosexual male OR (as in your case) a heterosexual female. This is like someone wanting to marry his cat ‘and’ have special rights for going up the ‘down stairs.’ Guess what? Mating with your dog or cat will also produce ‘nothing’ like playing house with your girlfriend. Do you know why? She is a ‘heterosexual female’ just like you in denial of ‘her’ true sexuality . . .

Women are in the discriminated group as well. We have been and still are discriminated against.

Let’s have a pity party for Inferno, her heterosexual female girlfriend and all women on God’s Green Earth. Boo hoo! How terrible to be born a woman! Lord-Have-Mercy . . . I have an idea! I say we eliminate female sports entirely and have just one series of tournaments for everybody. Why? That is easy, because IN YOUR MIND everyone is equal. All the women can play golf against Tiger Woods like all the men, but how many of your ‘equal’ women will make the cut and play through the weekend? :0) The women tennis players can play against Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Andy Roddick. So how many of the ‘equal’ womenfolk will play in the quarterfinals? Take all the money from the lady circuit for every sport and include that in a big fat pot for EVERYBODY and the women players will be out of business. The girls want ‘two’ sets of rules for men and women, then they cry like babies over the facts of obvious ‘inequality’ of the sexes (male versus female).

No heterosexual female in the USA has any reason at all to be discriminated against for anything, because nobody gives a damn about who you sleep with at night ‘and’ what goes on behind closed doors at your house is no business of mine or anybody else. Move your Shetland pony in there if that makes you all warm and fuzzy. I pass women on the street and cannot even distinguish between the heterosexual females calling themselves golfers, tennis players, swimmers or homosexual female lesbians and this same principle also applies to you. However, do not stand there and pretend that Inferno deserves ‘extra rights’ because you are in definite DENIAL of your own female ‘sexuality’ where reproducing a ‘copy’ of yourself requires insemination by a heterosexual male on the ‘opposite’ side of the equation. You already know FOR A FACT that many God-fearing Christians have a DEFINITE problem with those among us in DENIAL of their God-given sexuality, because everyone with eyes ‘can’ see that Scripture says those practicing such things are “worthy of death.” Romans 1:32. Therefore, do not expect that the ‘weaker vessel’ (1Peter 3:7) and man’s “helper” (Gen. 2:18-22), having ONLY the ‘image of man,’ is ‘equal’ to the man she is supposed to be helping, when man is the image and glory OF GOD. Scripture says,

“But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ. Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God [a spirit witness = my Mystery OP]; but the woman is the glory of man [water witness]. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for the man's sake. Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.” 1Corinthians 11:3-10.
Scripture teaches THE DIFFERENCE between ‘man’ and ‘woman’ from Genesis to Revelation and everywhere but in the deluded minds of people forced to ‘believe what is false’ (2Thes. 2:11) all of their days on this earth. You can tell everyone on the planet that Inferno is a ‘homosexual female,’ until you are blue in the face, but God knows and I know for certain that you are a heterosexual female exactly like your heterosexual female mother and her mother and her mother and her mother.

The simple fact is that nothing requires me or anyone else to ever buy into your denial of your very own heterosexual female sexuality ‘and’ you and your girlfriend already have all the rights of every other heterosexual female; even if you never choose to appropriate ‘those rights’ for yourself.

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Hi Inferno:

It will be. I as a lesbian have been discriminated for more then half a century.

No. You, as a heterosexual female in denial of her ‘true sexuality,’ have been engaged in ‘indecent acts’ in society dominated by God-fearing Christians. You have all the same rights as every other heterosexual female, but ‘you choose’ to “receive the due penalty” of your error. Romans 1:27.

You aren't gay or lesbian because you don't see how we have been discriminated.

Everyone here is either a heterosexual male or a heterosexual female if you want to call yourself the woman in the cotton-picking moon. Inferno has exactly one biological heterosexual father and exactly one biological heterosexual mother ‘and’ exactly like everybody here; so stop lying to yourself and everybody else.

Bullony! Every white person and every black person and every red and yellow person and brown person is either a heterosexual male OR (as in your case) a heterosexual female. This is like someone wanting to marry his cat ‘and’ have special rights for going up the ‘down stairs.’ Guess what? Mating with your dog or cat will also produce ‘nothing’ like playing house with your girlfriend. Do you know why? She is a ‘heterosexual female’ just like you in denial of ‘her’ true sexuality . . .

Women are in the discriminated group as well. We have been and still are discriminated against.

Let’s have a pity party for Inferno, her heterosexual female girlfriend and all women on God’s Green Earth. Boo hoo! How terrible to be born a woman! Lord-Have-Mercy . . . I have an idea! I say we eliminate female sports entirely and have just one series of tournaments for everybody. Why? That is easy, because IN YOUR MIND everyone is equal. All the women can play golf against Tiger Woods like all the men, but how many of your ‘equal’ women will make the cut and play through the weekend? :0) The women tennis players can play against Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Andy Roddick. So how many of the ‘equal’ womenfolk will play in the quarterfinals? Take all the money from the lady circuit for every sport and include that in a big fat pot for EVERYBODY and the women players will be out of business. The girls want ‘two’ sets of rules for men and women, then they cry like babies over the facts of obvious ‘inequality’ of the sexes (male versus female).

No heterosexual female in the USA has any reason at all to be discriminated against for anything, because nobody gives a damn about who you sleep with at night ‘and’ what goes on behind closed doors at your house is no business of mine or anybody else. Move your Shetland pony in there if that makes you all warm and fuzzy. I pass women on the street and cannot even distinguish between the heterosexual females calling themselves golfers, tennis players, swimmers or homosexual female lesbians and this same principle also applies to you. However, do not stand there and pretend that Inferno deserves ‘extra rights’ because you are in definite DENIAL of your own female ‘sexuality’ where reproducing a ‘copy’ of yourself requires insemination by a heterosexual male on the ‘opposite’ side of the equation. You already know FOR A FACT that many God-fearing Christians have a DEFINITE problem with those among us in DENIAL of their God-given sexuality, because everyone with eyes ‘can’ see that Scripture says those practicing such things are “worthy of death.” Romans 1:32. Therefore, do not expect that the ‘weaker vessel’ (1Peter 3:7) and man’s “helper” (Gen. 2:18-22), having ONLY the ‘image of man,’ is ‘equal’ to the man she is supposed to be helping, when man is the image and glory OF GOD. Scripture says,

“But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ. Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God [a spirit witness = my Mystery OP]; but the woman is the glory of man [water witness]. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for the man's sake. Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.” 1Corinthians 11:3-10.
Scripture teaches THE DIFFERENCE between ‘man’ and ‘woman’ from Genesis to Revelation and everywhere but in the deluded minds of people forced to ‘believe what is false’ (2Thes. 2:11) all of their days on this earth. You can tell everyone on the planet that Inferno is a ‘homosexual female,’ until you are blue in the face, but God knows and I know for certain that you are a heterosexual female exactly like your heterosexual female mother and her mother and her mother and her mother.

The simple fact is that nothing requires me or anyone else to ever buy into your denial of your very own heterosexual female sexuality ‘and’ you and your girlfriend already have all the rights of every other heterosexual female; even if you never choose to appropriate ‘those rights’ for yourself.

GL,

Terral

You quote the bible which is nonsense and pointless to bother with. I would not debate you on the Velvetine Rabbit either as both are fantasy. Find some actual proof from a non fiction book and make your point.

I am a lesbian was will be tomorrow. You stand in judgement with no clue about the topic. Maybe you can find a bible sharing thread for you to post on where you can share fairy tales with your pals.

Last edited:

No. You, as a heterosexual female in denial of her ‘true sexuality,’ have been engaged in ‘indecent acts’ in society dominated by God-fearing Christians. You have all the same rights as every other heterosexual female, but ‘you choose’ to “receive the due penalty” of your error.

You quote the bible which is nonsense and pointless to bother with. I would not devate you on the Velvetine Rabbit either as both are fantasy. Find some actual proof from a non fiction book and make your point.

I am a lesbian was will be tomorrow. You stand in judgement with no clue about the topic. Maybe you can find a bible sharing thread for you to post on where you can share fairy tales with your pals.

Terral is pretty darn sickening, isn't he.

But clearly, you do not seem to be insulted by his words as you realize that he is delusional and without a logical purpose.

Hi Inferno:

You quote the bible which is nonsense and pointless to bother with. I would not devate you on the Velvetine Rabbit either as both are fantasy. Find some actual proof from a non fiction book and make your point.

Ouch! The Bible is nonsense in your view :)cuckoo:) and pointless. Wonderful :)disagree:). That is going to sound really good at the Judgment . . .

I am a lesbian was will be tomorrow.

No. You are a 'heterosexual female' (pic) like your mommy and grandmother, but simply calling yourself something else (pic) . . .

You stand in judgement with no clue about the topic. Maybe you can find a bible sharing thread for you to post on where you can share fairy tales with your pals.

This is the 'Religion/Ethics' Forum, missy (not mister), and Paul writes on this topic extensively in Romans 1* beginning in verse 18. The Roman Empire was the superpower of Paul's day and he began his most critical Epistle on one of the most important topics right in the very beginning. An interesting note is that the scholars begin this part of the passage under the subtitle* of "Unbelief and Its Consequences" . . .

The first in line for the lake of fire :)evil:) are the cowardly, but the 'unbelieving' are running a close second (Rev. 21:8). You see, God judges everyone according to 'the grace given' to each person 'and' I can stand condemned before everyone here for neglecting to show you God's warnings about these things written clearly in His Living Word. 2Tim. 3:16-17.

GL,

Terral

Uh.. no. The "gays" and "lesbians" that are doing.. God knows what.. in their bedrooms..
that's sick.

They have every right to do it but it is both immoral and disgusting.

When it comes to "immoral and disgusting behavior"...

Gays and lesbians are doing it in their bedrooms.

Terral is doing it in broad daylight.

Uh.. no. The "gays" and "lesbians" that are doing.. God knows what.. in their bedrooms..
that's sick.

Terral isn't doing anything in broad daylight that is immoral or disgusting. Maybe you need glasses.

No. You, as a heterosexual female in denial of her ‘true sexuality,’ have been engaged in ‘indecent acts’ in society dominated by God-fearing Christians. You have all the same rights as every other heterosexual female, but ‘you choose’ to “receive the due penalty” of your error.

But clearly, you do not seem to be insulted by his words as you realize that he is delusional and without a logical purpose.

I've neem a LGBT activist a long time. I have heard all the slurrs and bible quotes. I've been called all the names. I just don't get roped in by any of the crap anymore. If the opposition has nothing more that this tripe to offer I don't even break a sweat.

Last edited:
Hi Inferno:

Ouch! The Bible is nonsense in your view :)cuckoo:) and pointless. Wonderful :)disagree:). That is going to sound really good at the Judgment . . .

I am a lesbian was will be tomorrow.

No. You are a 'heterosexual female' (pic) like your mommy and grandmother, but simply calling yourself something else (pic) . . .

You stand in judgement with no clue about the topic. Maybe you can find a bible sharing thread for you to post on where you can share fairy tales with your pals.

This is the 'Religion/Ethics' Forum, missy (not mister), and Paul writes on this topic extensively in Romans 1* beginning in verse 18. The Roman Empire was the superpower of Paul's day and he began his most critical Epistle on one of the most important topics right in the very beginning. An interesting note is that the scholars begin this part of the passage under the subtitle* of "Unbelief and Its Consequences" . . .

The first in line for the lake of fire :)evil:) are the cowardly, but the 'unbelieving' are running a close second (Rev. 21:8). You see, God judges everyone according to 'the grace given' to each person 'and' I can stand condemned before everyone here for neglecting to show you God's warnings about these things written clearly in His Living Word. 2Tim. 3:16-17.

GL,

Terral

Speaking of The Final Judgement if perchance there is a god how will you explain your judgements of others. i recall it says in your bible judge not and you won't be judged. I think you will be mighty disappointed when he / she sends packing in the opposite direction. Have fun with that.

that's sick.

Terral isn't doing anything in broad daylight that is immoral or disgusting. Maybe you need glasses.

Yes he is.

You need to take off your blinders.

that's sick.

That's a good question. Just why is it anyones business who I am with in my bedroon as long as she is a consenting adult that I find hot.

You are welcome to think of it anyway you like. That is not my problem it would be yours.

Last edited:
Hi Inferno:

Speaking of The Final Judgement if perchance there is a god how will you explain your judgements of others. i recall it says in your bible judge not and you won't be judged. I think you will be mighty disappointed when he / she sends packing in the opposite direction. Have fun with that.

First off, this side of the discussion knows more about God’s Living Word (pic) than anyone here. If anyone would like to challenge the truth of that simple statement, then begin debating me on the ‘Gospel’ topic here, or on the “Big Bang Myth” topic here, or the “Mystery Explained” topic here. Bring it and let’s rumble! :0) Secondly, God’s Living Word gives many commands to people from many different ‘dispensations’ (Greek definition of oikonomia #3622), so there is no single set of rules with 100 percent application to anybody. Even if you quoted the chapter and verse, then we also need ‘your’ commentary seeking to ‘rightly divide’ or ‘accurately handle’ the ‘word of truth,’ according to 2Timothy 2:15. I believe you are quoting Christ, saying,

"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.” Matthew 7:1-5.
Some people might try to throw Christ’s teaching at ‘you’ and claim that ‘we’ are not to judge one another right here today, but they (like you) would be dead wrong. Jesus Christ was sent ONLY to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel (Matt. 15:24) during His earthly ministry and He is addressing Israel along with the Messianic Kingdom Jews (Church #1* here = the Kingdom "Bride") and particularly His Disciples (Matt. 10:1+ = see 10:5-7 = "ONLY to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel") in various parts of the Four Gospels. Christ is teaching “Israel” about judging ‘your brother,’ as in other sons of Israel. Peter is not to judge John and James lest he be judged for doing those same things, but these are all Jews living under Mosaic Law (Matt. 5:17-19) and these Kingdom Disciples must keep the ‘whole law’ or become GUILTY OF ALL. James 2:10.

The same rules do NOT apply for the members of Christ’s BODY (Church #2*) saved by Paul’s “Word of the Cross” gospel message (#2 on Gospel thread); as God intends for us (Body of Christ) to judge the world ‘and’ even the angels (1Cor. 6:2-3 = pic). Paul is writing to ‘us’ (believers), saying,

“Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life? So if you have law courts dealing with matters of this life, do you appoint them as judges who are of no account in the church? I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not among you one wise man who will be able to decide between his brethren, but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers?” 1Corinthians 6:1-6.
Those among ‘the mature’ (1Cor. 2:6-8) members of Christ’s Body know full well that our church will judge the world (men) AND their greater angelic super-halves ‘and’ that the Lord God Himself has enabled ‘us’ to also judge ‘matters of this life.’ Paul’s use of the term ‘brother’ has nothing to do with any earthly bloodline, but everything to do with your fellow believer in ‘our gospel’ who is also seated with you IN the heavenly places that are IN Christ Jesus (Eph. 2:6 = Fig 2) with a life hidden ‘with Christ’ very much IN GOD. Colossians 3:1-3. Therefore, neither of these Biblical examples (Matt.7 or 1Cor. 6) have ANY application at all to my directing the attention of everyone to the Lord’s Commandment on ‘this’ Homosexuality Topic from Paul’s Epistle to the Romans in Chapter 1. In fact, the Lord God will be hauling out the details from deliberations like we are having right here in the day that these same wretched souls complain at the Judgment that God sent NOBODY TO WARN YOU. Then you have ‘prophecies’ of the coming ‘prophet’ mentioned in Acts 3, where Peter is quoting Moses (Eve), saying,

"Moses said, 'The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brethren; to ‘him’ you shall give heed to everything he says to you. And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.' Acts 3:22-23.
Let’s suppose for one minute that this ‘prophet’ logs onto this USMessageBoard and begins sharing ‘God’s view’ on these related ‘Religion/Ethics’ Topics ‘and’ you choose to go up the downstairs like with your current bed-partner situation described in Romans 1? In ‘that case,’ your pointy little finger leaves those three witnesses pointing directly back at you and:

"He said to him, 'By your own words I will judge you, you worthless slave. Did you know that I am an exacting man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow?” Luke 19:22.
The difference is that Scripture contains ‘dispensational truth’ for the members of ‘one’ particular ‘dispensation,’ while ‘some’ of these verses contain ‘eternal truth’ pertaining to ALL unbelievers in general; and you can bet the house that this side of these deliberations knows the difference ‘and’ is choosing every word very carefully.

Your words are pointing ‘forward’ to the coming Judgment, but mine are pointing ‘backwards’ from a time far beyond the end of this evil age . . .

. . . and yeah, yeah - they said that about John the Baptist too . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Hi Inferno:

First off, this side of the discussion knows more about God’s Living Word (pic) than anyone here. If anyone would like to challenge the truth of that simple statement, then begin debating me on the ‘Gospel’ topic here, or on the “Big Bang Myth” topic here, or the “Mystery Explained” topic here. Bring it and let’s rumble! :0) Secondly, God’s Living Word gives many commands to people from many different ‘dispensations’ (Greek definition of oikonomia #3622), so there is no single set of rules with 100 percent application to anybody. Even if you quoted the chapter and verse, then we also need ‘your’ commentary seeking to ‘rightly divide’ or ‘accurately handle’ the ‘word of truth,’ according to 2Timothy 2:15. I believe you are quoting Christ, saying,

"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eyeMatthew 7:1-5.
Some people might try to throw Christ’s teaching at ‘you’ and claim that ‘we’ are not to judge one another right here today, but they (like you) would be dead wrong. Jesus Christ was sent ONLY to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel (Matt. 15:24) during His earthly ministry and He is addressing Israel along with the Messianic Kingdom Jews (Church #1* here = the Kingdom "Bride") and particularly His Disciples (Matt. 10:1+ = see 10:5-7 = "ONLY to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel") in various parts of the Four Gospels. Christ is teaching “Israel” about judging ‘your brother,’ as in other sons of Israel. Peter is not to judge John and James lest he be judged for doing those same things, but these are all Jews living under Mosaic Law (Matt. 5:17-19) and these Kingdom Disciples must keep the ‘whole law’ or become GUILTY OF ALL. James 2:10.

The same rules do NOT apply for the members of Christ’s BODY (Church #2*) saved by Paul’s “Word of the Cross” gospel message (#2 on Gospel thread); as God intends for us (Body of Christ) to judge the world ‘and’ even the angels (1Cor. 6:2-3 = pic). Paul is writing to ‘us’ (believers), saying,

Those among ‘the mature’ (1Cor. 2:6-8) members of Christ’s Body know full well that our church will judge the world (men) AND their greater angelic super-halves ‘and’ that the Lord God Himself has enabled ‘us’ to also judge ‘matters of this life.’ Paul’s use of the term ‘brother’ has nothing to do with any earthly bloodline, but everything to do with your fellow believer in ‘our gospel’ who is also seated with you IN the heavenly places that are IN Christ Jesus (Eph. 2:6 = Fig 2) with a life hidden ‘with Christ’ very much IN GOD. Colossians 3:1-3. Therefore, neither of these Biblical examples (Matt.7 or 1Cor. 6) have ANY application at all to my directing the attention of everyone to the Lord’s Commandment on ‘this’ Homosexuality Topic from Paul’s Epistle to the Romans in Chapter 1. In fact, the Lord God will be hauling out the details from deliberations like we are having right here in the day that these same wretched souls complain at the Judgment that God sent NOBODY TO WARN YOU. Then you have ‘prophecies’ of the coming ‘prophet’ mentioned in Acts 3, where Peter is quoting Moses (Eve), saying,

"Moses said, 'The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brethren; to ‘him’ you shall give heed to everything he says to you. And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.' Acts 3:22-23.
Let’s suppose for one minute that this ‘prophet’ logs on to this USMessageBoard and begins sharing ‘God’s view’ on these related ‘Religion/Ethics’ Topics ‘and’ you choose to go up the downstairs like with your current bed-partner situation described in Romans 1? In ‘that case,’ your pointy little finger leaves those three witnesses pointing directly back at you and:

"He said to him, 'By your own words I will judge you, you worthless slave. Did you know that I am an exacting man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow?” Luke 19:22.
The difference is that Scripture contains ‘dispensational truth’ for the members of ‘one’ particular ‘dispensation,’ while ‘some’ of these verses contain ‘eternal truth’ pertaining to ALL unbelievers in general; and you can bet the house that this side of these deliberations knows the difference ‘and’ is choosing every word very carefully.

Your words are pointing ‘forward’ to the coming Judgment, but mine are pointing ‘backwards’ from a time far beyond the end of this evil age . . .

. . . and yeah, yeah - they said that about John the Baptist too . . .

GL,

Terral

6.gif

that's sick.

No, what's sick and disgusting is the lack of morals people like you have. Seriously ... how can people still be so morally bankrupt that they have to insult others for what they do in private ....

... and many wonder why there are still us who want to help get gay men and women complete equal rights. Hell, the black people got a bunch of extra programs and free hand outs, all we are asking is that everyone, including the gay people, be treated equally. Scum like Terral and D-Fallen-Star don't want anyone to have equal rights but their vile and heartless breed. Thus ... why I do not care if humans want to keep driving themselves extinct ... and I hope straight people like these keep forgetting that the diseases are there so they will get them more each day ... if the last humans I have to deal with are gay then I would be happier.

First off......the only person in the NT who seems to speak out against gays is Paul. Paul is also the one that said women were not allowed to hold position in the church, as well as said that they must be subservient to men.

Watch History Channel sometime, the program you're looking for is "Who Wrote the Bible", and "Banned from the Bible".

Both programs are very eye opening.

As far as Bible references for homosexuality? There are very few, and even Jesus Himself said nothing against being gay..........

Did you know?
* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

This page indexes resources about LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) issues at sacred-texts. This page deals specifically with the subject of LGBT people in sacred texts. For an overview of the positions of various religions on this topic, including historical and current beliefs, refer to this page at the Ontario Consultants for Religious Tolerance site [external site].

References to the scriptures are being used as the backbone of much of the heated discussion about gay people in a way that has not been seen since the Scopes evolution trial. It is thus crucial to examine the actual texts, and the context in which they were written. This page, which has taken months of research to write, provides all available scriptural quotes on this subject, with links into the full texts, also available at this site. Also included are the complete text of several books on the subject, scanned specially to provide background information for this page.
Introduction

The Bible, the Qur'an, and Baha'i and Zoroastrian scriptures have a few passages which condemn homosexuality. An out of context interpretation of these passages has been used as justification for persecution of homosexuals, ranging from ridicule, exclusion, and attempts to alter behavior, to imprisonment and even execution. Typically these quotes are employed not because the entire range of scriptural injunctions are being applied consistently, but because the power structure needs cherry-picked scriptural justification for their actions.

Colonialism subsequently imposed this prejudice on a number of non-western societies which did not previously have this sort of persecution. Other major world religions, particularly Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, and Shinto, don't condemn homosexuals in their sacred texts, let alone mention the subject except in passing. This doesn't mean that societies where these religions are dominant or practiced are (or are not) tolerant of LGBT people; simply that whatever discrimination or persecution may be present is not based on religious grounds.

Modern studies of the nature of gender have found that human sexual preference is innate; homosexuality occurs in hundreds of species; and gender and sexual behavior is a continuum rather than two compartmentalized poles. Psychologists no longer consider homosexuality a personality defect or mental illness.

There will always be some that prefer not to accept the findings of science. For instance, there are a handful of Christians who believe that the Earth is flat because the Bible refers to the 'four corners of the Earth'. Some literalist Christians reject the Copernican solar system for similar scriptural reasons. However, many religions, even the most conservative, have shown a capability to incorporate advances in knowledge-- for instance, astronomy, geology and biology--that were previously contradicted by, or simply unknown to, scripture and religious tradition. For instance, modern Roman Catholic doctrine states that scientific theories of cosmology, including the 'Big Bang', are not incompatible with the concept of a creation by the deity-- this from the church that only recently lifted its pro forma censorship of the works of Galileo.

Values of tolerance and acceptance for others can be found at the core of all world religions. Many religious groups have not found it difficult to extend tolerance to LGBT people, even if this does not lead to acceptance within their religion, or sanctioning of same-sex unions or homosexual clergy. And most religious groups and people, across the spectrum, are opposed to violence against gays and other violations of their human and civil rights, regardless of their other beliefs on the subject.

We invite readers to review this material with an open mind.

LGBT Texts

The reference is for the Internet Sacred Texts website, and it is a collection of all the religions of the world put into one place by scholars and theologians.

Might wanna check it out sometime.

I've neem a LGBT activist a long time. I have heard all the slurrs and bible quotes. I've been called all the names. I just don't get roped in by any of the crap anymore. If the opposition has nothing more that this tripe to offer I don't even break a sweat.

Great to have you back!

Forum List

Back