Homosexual boy scout is mad because he won't be given eagle badge

"Actually it does say he admitted he went against policy."

Ryan claims the scoutmaster knew about his sexual orientation well before he started the project and paperwork for the honor.

give him the badge and move on.

As a former boy scout, hell fucking no.

oh but fuck no they are not.

And this is why we have a Constitution, to protect citizens from the ignorance and hate exhibited by the likes of bigrebnc1775.

Clearly the need of the Constitution and its case law is as great today as anytime in this Nation’s history.

The constitution doesn't protect unmoral acts.
being a homo is unnatural.

You, bigrebnc1775, are an ignorant, ugly, hateful, bigot.

The Constitution protects citizens from your ignorance and hate; you and your ilk were the Framers’ greatest nightmare, and they created a Constitutional Republic out of the fear of the likes of you.

You have the right to exhibit your ignorance and hate, but you do not have the right to attempt to codify it – that the Constitution thankfully prevents you from doing.

And this is why we have a Constitution, to protect citizens from the ignorance and hate exhibited by the likes of bigrebnc1775.

Clearly the need of the Constitution and its case law is as great today as anytime in this Nation’s history.

The Constitution protects citizens from your ignorance and hate; you and your ilk were the Framers’ greatest nightmare, and they created a Constitutional Republic out of the fear of the likes of you.

You have the right to exhibit your ignorance and hate, but you do not have the right to attempt to codify it – that the Constitution thankfully prevents you from doing.

where does it say a male has a protected right to suck a dick?

Biker and big, cut it out. You’re acting like spoiled brats.

Why does he want an Eagle Badge from a group he doesn't agree with?

I was in Camp Fire and did quite a bit to earn the same sort of honor but I quit in high school because I didn't relate to it anymore. Plus I realized many of the women involved were angry bitches.
And here it is. What is the point. He is desiring honors from a group that he is at odds with. Leave them, he does not belong there.

And yet you likely walked on by with fresh vegetables picked by essentially slave labor in Mexico, Peru or another south American country for under a dollars wage a day.

I love it when people take the high road and them jam on over to Wal-Mart for their Chinese products built by children. You walked by because they don’t support gays. Ohhh, the horror…

It is your right though.

Huh? The constitution sure as hell does protect unmoral acts. I would assume that you consider a satanic worshipper an unmoral person? Yup, that’s covered under the first amendment. I sure hope you find Westburro members unmoral. Ya, covered in the first also.

The constitution is not about moral or unmoral, it is about whether or not your freedoms infringe on mine. If they do not, you can go be unmoral all you want.

I would assume that you consider a satanic worshipper an unmoral person?
No it is natural for most people to worship satan even if they don't realize they'er doing it.

Interesting that I never mentioned the word natural and your original statement was that the constitution does not ‘protect unmoral actions’ is equally devoid of any reference to natural. Natural has nothing to do with your claim. You are incorrect.

However, as you correctly pointed out earlier, the constitution does actually protect his right to be a part of a private group that codifies this. That really is the bottom line here. The scouts have set up a code, one that does not include this person and whether or not we like it that is their right.

If people believe differently, then they should establish a competitive program that is more inclusive.

Biker and big, cut it out. You’re acting like spoiled brats.

And here it is. What is the point. He is desiring honors from a group that he is at odds with. Leave them, he does not belong there.

And yet you likely walked on by with fresh vegetables picked by essentially slave labor in Mexico, Peru or another south American country for under a dollars wage a day.

I love it when people take the high road and them jam on over to Wal-Mart for their Chinese products built by children. You walked by because they don’t support gays. Ohhh, the horror…

It is your right though.

Huh? The constitution sure as hell does protect unmoral acts. I would assume that you consider a satanic worshipper an unmoral person? Yup, that’s covered under the first amendment. I sure hope you find Westburro members unmoral. Ya, covered in the first also.

The constitution is not about moral or unmoral, it is about whether or not your freedoms infringe on mine. If they do not, you can go be unmoral all you want.

I would assume that you consider a satanic worshipper an unmoral person?
No it is natural for most people to worship satan even if they don't realize they'er doing it.

Interesting that I never mentioned the word natural and your original statement was that the constitution does not ‘protect unmoral actions’ is equally devoid of any reference to natural. Natural has nothing to do with your claim. You are incorrect.

Queers don't not have a constitutional right to suck dick
Hows that? If they do show me were that right is protected?

Where does it say a female has a protected right to suck a dick?

Where does it say a female has a protected right to suck a dick?

It doesn't still waiting on you to show where a man sucks a dick it's protected by the Constitution

He shoukd leave the boy scouts. He doesn't agree with their creed. Why be in it?

that's what i don't get about leftists. why would you want to join an organization that believes and stands for something you don't agree with? i don't run out and join gay and lesbian clubs. i don't attend churches that teach god's acceptance of homosexual 'marriage'. do they not understand that the whole point of joining such organizations is to associate with people with whom you have those beliefs in common?

He shoukd leave the boy scouts. He doesn't agree with their creed. Why be in it?

that's what i don't get about leftists. why would you want to join an organization that believes and stands for something you don't agree with? i don't run out and join gay and lesbian clubs. i don't attend churches that teach god's acceptance of homosexual 'marriage'. do they not understand that the whole point of joining such organizations is to associate with people with whom you have those beliefs in common?

The lad joined when he was six. I don't think he was a homosexual atheist at the age of 6, do you?

The Scouts' national spokesman, Deron Smith, said late Thursday that Ryan contributed to his situation by disagreeing with the BSA's religious principles.
"Recently, a Scout proactively notified his unit leadership and Eagle Scout Counselor that he does not agree to Scouting's principle of "Duty to God" and does not meet Scouting's membership standard on sexual orientation," Smith wrote in a statement to Yahoo News. "While the BSA did not proactively ask for this information, based on his statements and after discussion with his family he is being informed that he is no longer eligible for membership in Scouting."
Smith said belief in God is the foundation of scouting's strong, continuing commitment to encouraging moral, ethical and spiritual growth. It is the position of the Boy Scouts of America that no one can reach their full potential without belief in a higher power.

So....if you don't believe in the Judeo-Christian god you can't be a Boy Scout?

yeah, and if you don't believe in the judeo-christian god, you can't be a deacon in protestant churches. it's sort of a requirement when you're dealing with christian organizations that you, you know, agree with christianity.

Okay.

He joined the Scouts when he was SIX. He would have had no idea he was gay, or what he thought about God. You couldn't kick him out when he discovered he was gay - he wouldn't have lied about his sexuality at the age of six, would he?

He also says that they all knew about his sexuality for years. He must have spoken up about it, so why didn't they kick him out then? Why wait until he had completed his project and then refuse to give him the badge?

He should get the badge because he has been a Scout for 12 years with no problems, and did everything required of him. He didn't lie to anyone.

what difference does it make whether he knew when he was six? they have the legal right to kick him out any time after he makes it known that he disagrees with the foundational principles of the group.

i have no idea why they timed it the way they did. doesn't matter. it's their decision to make, whenever they decide to make it, and you really need to understand that he has no 'right' to that badge, and that he didn't do everything that was required of him. he failed on the basic part of 'agreeing with the boy scout creed'.

Okay.

He joined the Scouts when he was SIX. He would have had no idea he was gay, or what he thought about God. You couldn't kick him out when he discovered he was gay - he wouldn't have lied about his sexuality at the age of six, would he?

He also says that they all knew about his sexuality for years. He must have spoken up about it, so why didn't they kick him out then? Why wait until he had completed his project and then refuse to give him the badge?

He should get the badge because he has been a Scout for 12 years with no problems, and did everything required of him. He didn't lie to anyone.

what difference does it make whether he knew when he was six? they have the legal right to kick him out any time after he makes it known that he disagrees with the foundational principles of the group.

i have no idea why they timed it the way they did. doesn't matter. it's their decision to make, whenever they decide to make it, and you really need to understand that he has no 'right' to that badge, and that he didn't do everything that was required of him. he failed on the basic part of 'agreeing with the boy scout creed'.

So you actually think its fair that they knew about his homosexuality, but made him complete the final stage of his work to get that bade, and they knew full well that as soon as he finished, they would refuse to give him the badge, based on something they already knew about him?

That is not fucking fair at all.

The Scouts' national spokesman, Deron Smith, said late Thursday that Ryan contributed to his situation by disagreeing with the BSA's religious principles.
"Recently, a Scout proactively notified his unit leadership and Eagle Scout Counselor that he does not agree to Scouting's principle of "Duty to God" and does not meet Scouting's membership standard on sexual orientation," Smith wrote in a statement to Yahoo News. "While the BSA did not proactively ask for this information, based on his statements and after discussion with his family he is being informed that he is no longer eligible for membership in Scouting."
Smith said belief in God is the foundation of scouting's strong, continuing commitment to encouraging moral, ethical and spiritual growth. It is the position of the Boy Scouts of America that no one can reach their full potential without belief in a higher power.

Ok, they just opened up a can of worms, THEY get to decide what that higher power is ?? is that it?? Total BS, if the kid did the work give him the merit, who gives a shit how he defines "a higher power" and whether or not he likes men. Organized religion hype once again.

they didn't open shit. of course they get to decide what the higher power is . . . for their organization. my church gets to decide which higher power it recognizes, too.

who gives a shit how he defines 'a higher power'? that would be the organization he joined that's based on following a particular religious teaching.

why is this such a radical notion for leftists?

Yeah, it's obviously an organization opposed to helping and promoting youth. It's more concerned with helping itself.

Good thing the Girl Scouts is more concerned about the Girls, rather than their sexuality.

Seriously... why is this organization so focused on this boy's dick? Why do they care what his dick comes in contact with? Kind of creepy! They should be concerned with his education and well being.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back