Homophobic pastors organising Make America Straight Again to coincide with Pride Month

I dont really understand why you would think I was against free speech. But there isnt a society in the world,now or ever, that has free speech without any limitations. Free speech has responsibilities.
So rather than talk in the abstract why dont you give me some examples from your vast knowledge and I will comment on them ?

In FREE societies, those limitations are themselves, very limited.

Anyone that was FOR free speech would have said so when challenged, 6 times now, and at the very most, mentioned the existence of minor qualifiers.

Your response to was generally support the idea of arresting people for expressing ideas.

YOu made my point for me. I have no interest in quibbling over which ideas you think are not covered by Free Speech.

If you would like to express your ideas on which ideas should result in jail time, it might be educational of American liberals who don't realize what path they are on.
You talk in abstract and seem incapable of showing anything specific. Show me an example of somebody expressing a political view and being locked up for it.

My point was about your general stance against Free Speech.

You have agreed.

From what I have read, your position seems typical of the UK.

What is the point of discussing specifics?
You cant prove that free speech doesnt exist in the UK. That is the point.

You agreed.

You said that you supported all but one example of people being arrested for expressing ideas.

It is not a matter of contention between us.

We don't need to have a debate on the idea, when we are in agreement.

If you want to discuss some example of ideas that you think are worthy of being put in jail, feel free.

I havent seen any examples of what you claim.The one instance I can think of that could qualify under free speech (possibly) was some dickhead fined because he taught his dog to seig heil salute.

I thought that was an over reaction but I dont even think he was locked up.

But that is a bizarre example.

The UK has many political parties who are free to assemble,organised and associate. They can spread whatever poison they want and they are not being arrested,let alone being charged with it.

I am comfortable with that.

Here are a couple of examples of the more loathsome organisations. These were taken off their websites. No arrests were made and we are all free to enjoy their bootboy wisdom.

https://bnp.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/bnp_london_manifesto_2016.pdf

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Worcester-demo-21Jul2018.pdf

There are many other examples of loony right wing parties that operate in the UK free from any oppression. I can provide them if you like.

Show me examples where "opposing political views" have seen people locked up. It should not be difficult in a police state like the UK.

In FREE societies, those limitations are themselves, very limited.

Anyone that was FOR free speech would have said so when challenged, 6 times now, and at the very most, mentioned the existence of minor qualifiers.

Your response to was generally support the idea of arresting people for expressing ideas.

YOu made my point for me. I have no interest in quibbling over which ideas you think are not covered by Free Speech.

If you would like to express your ideas on which ideas should result in jail time, it might be educational of American liberals who don't realize what path they are on.
You talk in abstract and seem incapable of showing anything specific. Show me an example of somebody expressing a political view and being locked up for it.

You have agreed.

You agreed.

You said that you supported all but one example of people being arrested for expressing ideas.

If you want to discuss some example of ideas that you think are worthy of being put in jail, feel free.

I havent seen any examples of what you claim.The one instance I can think of that could qualify under free speech (possibly) was some dickhead fined because he taught his dog to seig heil salute.

The UK has many political parties who are free to assemble,organised and associate. They can spread whatever poison they want and they are not being arrested,let alone being charged with it.

Here are a couple of examples of the more loathsome organisations. These were taken off their websites. No arrests were made and we are all free to enjoy their bootboy wisdom.

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Worcester-demo-21Jul2018.pdf

There are many other examples of loony right wing parties that operate in the UK free from any oppression. I can provide them if you like.

Show me examples where "opposing political views" have seen people locked up. It should not be difficult in a police state like the UK.

I don't know why you are reversing your previous statements.

Are you claiming now that you made a mistake before, and that you are in favor of Free Speech?

You have agreed.

You agreed.

Are you claiming now that you made a mistake before, and that you are in favor of Free Speech?
I dont know what you are talking about. I suspect that you want to claim some incidents as being about free speech when they are actually about something very different. Show me some examples and I will tell me what I think.

You have agreed.

You agreed.

I dont know what you are talking about. I suspect that you want to claim some incidents as being about free speech when they are actually about something very different. Show me some examples and I will tell me what I think.

And there you go again. I just ask you if you are in favor of Free Speech, and instead of a simple yes, you feel a need to defend certain people getting arrested for saying certain things.

YOU tell ME what incidents you are thinking of, that you are support people being arrested, for "not speech", that prevents you from being in favor of Free Speech.

It is silly for me to try to guess which "crimes" you want to see people in prison for, when you can just tell me.

You agreed.

And there you go again. I just ask you if you are in favor of Free Speech, and instead of a simple yes, you feel a need to defend certain people getting arrested for saying certain things.

YOU tell ME what incidents you are thinking of, that you are support people being arrested, for "not speech", that prevents you from being in favor of Free Speech.

It is silly for me to try to guess which "crimes" you want to see people in prison for, when you can just tell me.
Well you made the original claim about these "crimes" so perhaps you should back it up and then we both know what we are talking about.

You agreed.

Well you made the original claim about these "crimes" so perhaps you should back it up and then we both know what we are talking about.

And then you agreed with me. We both agree that you and the UK believe in imprisoning people for expressing certain ideas.

The difference is not one of the facts, but whether or not we think it is a good thing.

And then you agreed with me. We both agree that you and the UK believe in imprisoning people for expressing certain ideas.

The difference is not one of the facts, but whether or not we think it is a good thing.
Nope. I told you that you were spouting shit. You give me the example and I will give you an opinion. Its that easy.

I am referring to free speech...it isn't unlimited, or do you disagree?
Yes I am free to say what ever I want
Oh? You can cry "fire" in a crowded theater? You can make verbal threats to someone?
Absolutely.. if there is a fire should I be quiet lol wtf
And yes I can
And if there isn't a fire? (you do realize the "crying fire in a crowded theater" example is a direct reference to a SCOTUS case about free speech, right? Schenck v. United States - Wikipedia
Fire is not faggot. I think you should be able to shout faggot in a crowed theatre without sanction.
Some people need to follow the conversation to understand what it's about before making fools of themselves. Just sayin', Chubby.

Not in our country...Our Declaration of Independence spells our belief out concerning that. Why is it you insist other countries follow our Bill of Rights?

I believe that human rights are god given, and universal across the world.

You are the one that brought up the US bill of rights, not me.
We are born with human rights....and governments are created to protect those rights BUT each government may or may not protect or take away rights....for example Saudi Arabia takes away quite a few of those rights. Our Bill of Rights (which you seemed concerned I brought up) protects many more of our rights in a more extensive manner. We are lucky that our country has the Bill of Rights that codify the Rights our government cannot take away. But that doesn't mean other countries are obligated to follow OUR Bill of Rights. Or do you think they have to?

If a government takes away a right, it is a violation of that right.

Why do you keep wanting to talk about the US Bill of Rights?
Why wouldn't you want to talk about the U.S. Bill of Rights? You have something against them here?

Because it is not relevant to my point about human rights.

Now, I answered your question, can you answer mine?

Why don't you? You don't like the Bill of RIghts? That wouldn't be a surprise.

Nope. I told you that you were spouting shit. You give me the example and I will give you an opinion. Its that easy.

You AGREED with me. You still are.

NOt sure why you want to fight with me on this.

You should be moving on to making the case that such laws are just.

I believe that human rights are god given, and universal across the world.

You are the one that brought up the US bill of rights, not me.
We are born with human rights....and governments are created to protect those rights BUT each government may or may not protect or take away rights....for example Saudi Arabia takes away quite a few of those rights. Our Bill of Rights (which you seemed concerned I brought up) protects many more of our rights in a more extensive manner. We are lucky that our country has the Bill of Rights that codify the Rights our government cannot take away. But that doesn't mean other countries are obligated to follow OUR Bill of Rights. Or do you think they have to?

Why wouldn't you want to talk about the U.S. Bill of Rights? You have something against them here?

Because it is not relevant to my point about human rights.

Now, I answered your question, can you answer mine?

Why don't you? You don't like the Bill of RIghts? That wouldn't be a surprise.

You asked that question already, and I answered. In the post you just hit the reply button to.

My point stands. We both know why you are desperate to avoid discussing it.

D9Gl-xtXoAANtKX

Republicans didn’t want the gay flag flown because there’s not enough space. They already had put another flag there. They were signaling to the world that American elections are open for business. How else are the Republicans going to get elected?
They were able to attack abortion by forcing laws through they knew would become null yet now they are gonna tackle that gay inclusion of society that the dems had the nerve to facilitate...
They are just whining about gay pride month like they whine about Black History Month in February.
That conservatives perceive gay and transgender Americans working to defend their protected liberties from attack by the right as some sort of a ‘threat’ is both sad and telling.
I find that the older I am getting I am becoming less and less tolerant of this faux christian shite. I pray that my unborn Grandson will not have to live in such a polluted world. My generation has failed .
Failed because you are all queers.

Agreed with what ? You havent posted a single example. This is like debating with an infant. Stop throwing shit if you cant back it up klan boy.

Agreed with what ? You havent posted a single example. This is like debating with an infant. Stop throwing shit if you cant back it up klan boy.
Fag, no matter how anyone backs up anything you evil liars reject it unless it follows your hate filled hate America bullshit.

That certain ideas and speech are crimes in the UK.

We both agreed with that.

That was my point.

YOu are the one that now seems to want to move on to the next point of justify it, and I am ready for that discussion.

Make your case, and I will make mine.

People who have a "phobia" don't confront the thing they fear, they run from it. Homophobia is not even real. I've never seen anyone who disagrees with homosexual behavior run in fear when they see one.

Yessir. "Homophobia" is a fake made up designed to make the sick people look normal and the normal people look like they are the one's with the mental problem.Is a sick perversion of the English language.

What ideas and what speech ?

Depends on who you ask.

Me? None.

You? You know, but for some reason won't tell.

And that is the difference. YOu want to jail people for ideas you dont' like.

Hey, I will make a prediction.

When/if you ever share with us, what ideas you think should be jail worthy,

I bet that they are all ideas that you disagree with.

66551113.jpg

Depends on who you ask.

Me? None.

66551113.jpg
I should know your obsessions by now. You made accusations that you cant backup and then accuse me of.........I dont fucking know. Get to your weekly cross burning klan boy.

Depends on who you ask.

Me? None.

66551113.jpg
I should know your obsessions by now. You made accusations that you cant backup and then accuse me of.........I dont fucking know. Get to your weekly cross burning klan boy.

Whatever my obsessions, whatever my disagreements with you, I do not want to see you jailed for expressing your opinions.

And You cannot say the same.

ANd in the UK, your position rules.

That was my point. The details are irrelevant.

This is the point where you start justifying your position on speech crimes.

But, strangely, you don't want to do that.

You want to play dodgy games.

Forum List

Back