Homophobia: Fun Fact

If you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion. I have the right NOT to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

Homophobia is a clinical term that applies to people who hold intolerant views/opinions against homosexuality. They have an irrational fear/anxiety of homosexuality. Their prejudice comes from their own insecurities, not from something rational or logical.

Do you have an "opinion" about left-handed people?

Do you think by being taught tolerance of left-handed people, your children may start writing with their left hand?

Many irrational fears and beliefs come from religious mythologies and stories. It's important to put those in proper historical context.

For instance, following some of the tribal laws and traditions found in the bible would be seen as barbaric and also get you arrested in charged for murder.

1st sentence: Hyperbole.

I'm not an Obama "fan." Point one.

Point two:

He's not pitting rich versus poor by stating the way things are. That's just called a reality check. It is a fact, not an opinion, that the Wealthy are eating up a larger share of the Nation's wealth than ever before, versus the poor and middle class which are remaining relatively stagnant. Calling POINTING THAT OUT, "class warfare" has been hyperbole all along and it appears you bought into it. I don't do news media spin, it's childish and it insults your intelligence.

Coincidentally, under Obama corporate profits are at all time highs, and he's also hired many CEO's and rich Wallstreet people onto his Administration. Some "War" he's supposedly fighting.

He absolutely is waging a verbal class war and his little minions fall for it hook, line and sinker. What he does versus what he says are two different things. He's one of the biggest hypocrits on the planet. I don't need the media to tell me anything, they're right up there with him pushing it out there, telling the unwashed masses that what their neighbors have came at their expense and that they're owed something for it somehow. It's disgusting.

As far as your long-winded jaded paragraph about what you perceive the gay groups have been doing --------------- I'd say that you have just admitted to letting emotion cloud your judgement of what is right versus what is wrong and are no longer really capable of issuing a fair assessment. You admitted that you supported the plight for civil unions, and that just because a group did something distasteful (in your opinion) you then "change your mind" and no longer support them. That's emotion clouding judgement, morals even.

And society will accept it as normal, it's already shifting that way so your statement that it won't is on the wrong side of the trend graphs.

There's nothing emotional or personal about it, I have no emotional buy in one way or the other on this topic, but I would guess that you do. I still think they should have the legal civil union, but that's not good enough, I've been told that by gay people repeatedly. So when they're serious and honest about what they want, then I would change my mind about what their true agenda is. I'm just not seeing it.

It's not normal for two people of the same sex to be attracted to each other, it's statistically an anomoly and goes against what biology and nature intended. Do I think people should be treated differently or with bigotry because of it? No, I don't. But I'm not going to insist that it's normal either. You're the emotional person in this discussion, not me. ;)

You just said in your last paragraph save the last sentence everything I've been saying already, all along. They shouldnt be treated different or with bigotry. Those were my thoughts that you jumped on. Way to kill some time, but keep it real - thats about all you did.

Not appreciated.

No, you've said much more than that, but whatever makes you happy. I don't call people who find homosexuality distateful bigots or jusge them for how they feel. ;)

Do you think people living off of social security should have their income Taxed?

IMHO, if I were designing the program, I'd reduce Social Security benefits to account for the "tax" portion and then make the remainder "tax free" - I see no logic in the government cutting you a check and then you having to turn around and having to pay it back as taxes.

Now, that applies only to social security and I see it as a cost saving measure because you thereby reduce the overhead and administration both for the Social Security Administration (who has to take the taxes out) and the IRS who has to process the return at the end of the year. Eliminate the back and forth and there will be some cost savings.

That of course would not apply to other sources of income that retires would have.

Personally I'd change the very definition of "income" so that it wasn't just wages/salaries but would include all sources (such as investments) and then apply equal taxation to all sources. There wouldn't be separate "income" rates and "capital gains rates", it's all income and should be counted as such.

>>>>

I thought it was a bit strange when I got my first military paycheck and saw they were taking out taxes. They tax tax money. Only time they don't is when you're in a war zone that has been declared tax-free. Somalia never was but Kuwait still is to this day far as I know.

This just proves that politics is silly. Every law seems to be in reaction to a perceived public need. Vote-buying by definition.

[

You can be a bigot on your own time no one is stopping you. When you are in the workplace you are on someone else's property and when you are on the clock your employer has every right to set conduct standards.

Why do I get the feeling you thought the 13th Amendment was a bad idea, much less the labor movement?

Fact is, your boss is probalby more likely to be a homophobe. As I said, I had a co-worker who got fired because she brought her life-partner to the company Holiday party. What makes him fire people for homophobia openly expressed is the fact people can sue for discrimination. Same reason sexual harrassment isn't tolerated.

It isn't like the Douchebags will be decent human beings on their own.

I doubt you ever were a decent human being, your intolerance to others makes you the douchebag, you talk about.

If you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion. I have the right NOT to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

Homophobia is a clinical term that applies to people who hold intolerant views/opinions against homosexuality. They have an irrational fear/anxiety of homosexuality. Their prejudice comes from their own insecurities, not from something rational or logical.

Do you think by being taught tolerance of left-handed people, your children may start writing with their left hand?

Many irrational fears and beliefs come from religious mythologies and stories. It's important to put those in proper historical context.

For instance, following some of the tribal laws and traditions found in the bible would be seen as barbaric and also get you arrested in charged for murder.

And in my opinion, this is really what it's all about, attacking religion in any way possible.

Speaking as a Republican and not a liberal, it's not just the liberals.

For example, each Republican was basically forced by social authoritarians to pledged to support and move forward on a United States Constitutional Amendment to ban Same-sex Civil Marriages in this country.

That's just as divisive with the intention to pit people against each other as the stuff the liberals pull.

There are no clean hands from the politicians on this, the both promote divisiveness in an attempt to garner votes from what they perceive as their "base".

>>>>

could you flesh out this theory by telling what the democratic party does to devide people?

One of he biggies, in my personal opinion, is class warfare. It's the "poor" against the "rich" as a means of garnering votes, knowing of course that there are many more "poor" voters then there are "rich" voters.

>>>>

OK that is one you claim.

remember you said they do it all the time.

ON WHAT ELSE?

oh BTW have you seen any information on the wealth dispoarity in this country?

dude Its the rich who have screwed this country up (banks fucking us out of our homes, income shrinking, CEO mad because master dergee holders in the US dont want to work for 10 and hour and importing them from other countries who will and more and more).

the people doing the dividing are the wealthy dividing us from a future.

Ask Clinton. His signature is on DOMA and DADT.

Defense of Marriage Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legislative history

Introduced in the House of Representatives as H.R. 3396 by Bob Barr on May 7, 1996
Committee consideration by: Committee on the Judiciary (Subcommittee on the Constitution)
Passed the House on July 12, 1996 (Yeas: 342; Nays: 67)
Passed the Senate on September 10, 1996 (Yeas: 85; Nays: 14)
Signed into law by President Clinton on September 21, 1996

this is why

he tried to do what the people seemed to want.

We have come along way and this stupid postion is no longer plauging the American people.

The kids have taught their parents about how wrong it was
So, you think Bill Clinton is a Republican?

:cuckoo:

I think he did what the American people were telling him to do at the time.

You know HIS JOB

Liberal government intentionally pits people against each other every day.

Speaking as a Republican and not a liberal, it's not just the liberals.

For example, each Republican was basically forced by social authoritarians to pledged to support and move forward on a United States Constitutional Amendment to ban Same-sex Civil Marriages in this country.

That's just as divisive with the intention to pit people against each other as the stuff the liberals pull.

There are no clean hands from the politicians on this, the both promote divisiveness in an attempt to garner votes from what they perceive as their "base".

>>>>

could you flesh out this theory by telling what the democratic party does to devide people?

One of he biggies, in my personal opinion, is class warfare. It's the "poor" against the "rich" as a means of garnering votes, knowing of course that there are many more "poor" voters then there are "rich" voters.

>>>>

OK that is one you claim.

remember you said they do it all the time.

ON WHAT ELSE?

oh BTW have you seen any information on the wealth dispoarity in this country?

dude Its the rich who have screwed this country up (banks fucking us out of our homes, income shrinking, CEO mad because master dergee holders in the US dont want to work for 10 and hour and importing them from other countries who will and more and more).

the people doing the dividing are the wealthy dividing us from a future.

Look above to see what I actually wrote, you will not find "all the time" in it. You asked for an example and I provided one.

I said BOTH parties do it, just on different issues.

>>>>

And in my opinion, this is really what it's all about, attacking religion in any way possible.

Another form of intolerance and bigotry, funny how they don't see it in themselves, they just justify their own bigoted beliefs.

Forum List

Back