Homophobia: Fun Fact

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....ok so this is now lib vs. con, same olds tired childish meme of the board over and over that relegates me to wanting to stick to the flame zone, which is at least entertaining.

Kids games, partisanship is a disease.

Yeah, you're above that too... I've seen it all over the place... :lmao:

yea, go ahead and show me where I say "republicans are bad and retarded and liberals are great" like all of these other morons do, I'll wait ringside.

You've done it in this very thread when referring to the 'they' out there who are bigoted for their beliefs and obviously go around calling gay people 'faggots', even though you were the only one to actually use the word in this thread.

Just a general comment: Some states do allow gay "marriages". But, unlike heterosexual "marriages", other states have the right not to recognize gay "marriages". So, if the gay couple moves, their rights and obligations to each other no longer exist.

BUT, if the fucking government would get out of the "marriage" business, and just treat "marriage" for what it is - a contract between parties - then the contract would be enforceable in all states due to the commerce clause.

But, no, we have hundreds of bills and no single one solves the problem.

Plus, I find it a violation of the First Amendment to give a priest/rabbi/minister/whatever the status of government agent during marriage ceremonies.

It's wrong on so many levels that government is involved in marriage. You want to be married? Go to a church, but that should not be a legally binding contract.

[/end soap box]

stand up for good in your own relationships and leave the rest of us to do the same in OUR relationships.

Your not the GOD of who should love who and for what reason.

It's being truthful. Gays want the legislation, you can't even be honest about that.

By the way, Mr. Judgmental, I am for civil unions for gays. I'm for civil unions for any consenting adult that wants to get married, even multiple people, i.e. 3 men, 1 woman, etc.. Are you?

You said "who's trying to legislate anything?"

As though nobody is out there trying to legislate against gay marriage. That's the part that was intentionally dishonest, because 1.5 seconds on google would have shown you different before posting the ignorance.

They are doing that in reaction to gays trying to change the legislation to accommodate them first. 'Marriage' had a meaning and a definition in our society, and no one tried to legislate anything about that until gay people came along and demanded that the definition change to suit them.

"Marriages" definition and meaning, as you call it, is frivolous so-as to not include gay couples also, as they are a factual and (should be) equal under the Law portion of our society.

It's called society waking up. It's great.

And the legislation out there is not just to ban them from marriage, but to prevent their civil union. Fact.

You can try to play stupid, but I know you aren't. A Constitutional Amendment that would keep gays and lesbians from marrying is legislating an icky feeling. DOMA was legislating icky feelings.
Look above.

Occam's razor solution. Then maybe the idiot legislators can try to focus on keeping us out of an economic depression.

Yeah, that'd be great. Instead the House is spending close to a million dollars defending DOMA. What's Todd Akin doing in his last days? Trying to get a "right to bully" provision put in the Defense Authorization bill.
There are hundreds of bills slated relating to marriage, none of which solves the problem.

I like to keep things simple and uncomplicated.

Yeah, you're above that too... I've seen it all over the place... :lmao:

yea, go ahead and show me where I say "republicans are bad and retarded and liberals are great" like all of these other morons do, I'll wait ringside.

You've done it in this very thread when referring to the 'they' out there who are bigoted for their beliefs and obviously go around calling gay people 'faggots', even though you were the only one to actually use the word in this thread.

If you can't see the bigotted comments (right off the jump) in this thread, in the form of childish insults, just because "faggot" wasn't used, then there's no help for you. Try reading some of the posts over, sniperfire will give you some great examples, so will sunniman.

And no, I didnt refer to Republicans as this or that in this thread at all. Wrong again.

The difference is that they are wrong. That is the difference. And I will be on the winning side, when all is said and done.

The kids are smarter than the bigots who try to demean people because of how they were born.

They think you are just as wrong. Again, you're no different than they are, pushing your morals on others. It's interesting that you see it as 'winning' though, what a sad world we live in.

Winning is having a Government that doesnt intentionally pit people against other people because of how they were born. If that's sad, you're on the evil side.

They can think I'm wrong all day, and consider themselves no different than me.

But there is one right, and one wrong.

Liberal government intentionally pits people against each other every day. I'm guessing you're an Obama fan, do you critisize him for pitting blacks against whites, poor against rich?

This argument could have been over years ago when it was all about 'civil rights' and 'equality under the law'. Civil unions could have been instituted and marriage left to the church, but that wasn't good enough. Gay groups were insistant on changing what marriage meant and shoving it down the throats of everyone, which is when I lost respect for their so called 'cause'. I did have empathy for them at one time, not so much anymore. Every gay person that I've talked about with this issue individually says that civil union isn't good enough, equality under the law isn't good enough. So then just be honest about what the true agenda is and be done with it already. Even if you change the definition of marriage, you cannot force a religious institution to bless it, you still will not change people's minds to accept it as normal. So perhaps there will be 'victory' and satisfaction, but because of the way they went about it, it will be a hollow one in my opinion. Making it legal, insisting it be called marriage will still not change the hearts and minds of those that thing it's wrong, it will not force acceptance.

If it's about equality and civil rights, pass civil union legislation and be done with it.

You said "who's trying to legislate anything?"

As though nobody is out there trying to legislate against gay marriage. That's the part that was intentionally dishonest, because 1.5 seconds on google would have shown you different before posting the ignorance.

They are doing that in reaction to gays trying to change the legislation to accommodate them first. 'Marriage' had a meaning and a definition in our society, and no one tried to legislate anything about that until gay people came along and demanded that the definition change to suit them.

"Marriages" definition and meaning, as you call it, is frivolous so-as to not include gay couples also, as they are a factual and (should be) equal under the Law portion of our society.

And the legislation out there is not just to ban them from marriage, but to prevent their civil union. Fact.

Their civil union should not be prevented, but that's not what they want. If that's really all they wanted, this could have been put to rest years ago.

And Equal Treatment under the law has a very specific meaning in our society. It means that citizens can expect equal treatment by the government unless the government can demonstrate a compelling government interest in treating like situated groups differently.

The meaning of Civil Marriage is a function of law, and polls show a majority of citizens now support equal treatment for same-sex couples and as a result those laws are changing. First they won in the court, then they won in the hearts and minds of the people as the issue was examined via public debate, then they won in the legislatures, and now they've won at the ballot box.

Just as society once defined "voter" to be white, male, landowner, that definition has evolved so that the right to choose rests with the individual and not the government, so is society changing so that the ability to Civilly Marry is moving towards resting with the individual and not the government. If an individual today thinks that "Voter" should mean white, male, landowner they are free to choose not to vote if they are female (Asian, or renter). If the individual feels that Civilly Marrying someone of the same sex is wrong, they are free to not Civilly Marry someone of the same sex.

>>>>

And Equal Treatment under the law has a very specific meaning in our society. It means that citizens can expect equal treatment by the government unless the government can demonstrate a compelling government interest in treating like situated groups differently.

The meaning of Civil Marriage is a function of law, and polls show a majority of citizens now support equal treatment for same-sex couples and as a result those laws are changing. First they won in the court, then they won in the hearts and minds of the people as the issue was examined via public debate, then they won in the legislatures, and now they've won at the ballot box.

Just as society once defined "voter" to be white, male, landowner, that definition has evolved so that the right to choose rests with the individual and not the government, so is society changing so that the ability to Civilly Marry is moving towards resting with the individual and not the government. If an individual today thinks that "Voter" should mean white, male, landowner they are free to choose not to vote if they are female (Asian, or renter). If the individual feels that Civilly Marrying someone of the same sex is wrong, they are free to not Civilly Marry someone of the same sex.

>>>>

Then our tax code needs drastically changed. I can give you a million ways people are not 'treated equally under the law', and I am for changing every single one of them so that everybody is treated equally. That means equal taxation, equal service, equal entitlements, and on and on I could go. So if we want to open that bag of tricks, that's fine with me. ;)

They think you are just as wrong. Again, you're no different than they are, pushing your morals on others. It's interesting that you see it as 'winning' though, what a sad world we live in.

Winning is having a Government that doesnt intentionally pit people against other people because of how they were born. If that's sad, you're on the evil side.

They can think I'm wrong all day, and consider themselves no different than me.

But there is one right, and one wrong.

Liberal government intentionally pits people against each other every day. I'm guessing you're an Obama fan, do you critisize him for pitting blacks against whites, poor against rich?

This argument could have been over years ago when it was all about 'civil rights' and 'equality under the law'. Civil unions could have been instituted and marriage left to the church, but that wasn't good enough. Gay groups were insistant on changing what marriage meant and shoving it down the throats of everyone, which is when I lost respect for their so called 'cause'. I did have empathy for them at one time, not so much anymore. Every gay person that I've talked about with this issue individually says that civil union isn't good enough, equality under the law isn't good enough. So then just be honest about what the true agenda is and be done with it already. Even if you change the definition of marriage, you cannot force a religious institution to bless it, you still will not change people's minds to accept it as normal. So perhaps there will be 'victory' and satisfaction, but because of the way they went about it, it will be a hollow one in my opinion. Making it legal, insisting it be called marriage will still not change the hearts and minds of those that thing it's wrong, it will not force acceptance.

If it's about equality and civil rights, pass civil union legislation and be done with it.

1st sentence: Hyperbole.

I'm not an Obama "fan." Point one.

Point two:

He's not pitting rich versus poor by stating the way things are. That's just called a reality check. It is a fact, not an opinion, that the Wealthy are eating up a larger share of the Nation's wealth than ever before, versus the poor and middle class which are remaining relatively stagnant. Calling POINTING THAT OUT, "class warfare" has been hyperbole all along and it appears you bought into it. I don't do news media spin, it's childish and it insults your intelligence.

Coincidentally, under Obama corporate profits are at all time highs, and he's also hired many CEO's and rich Wallstreet people onto his Administration. Some "War" he's supposedly fighting.

As far as your long-winded jaded paragraph about what you perceive the gay groups have been doing --------------- I'd say that you have just admitted to letting emotion cloud your judgement of what is right versus what is wrong and are no longer really capable of issuing a fair assessment. You admitted that you supported the plight for civil unions, and that just because a group did something distasteful (in your opinion) you then "change your mind" and no longer support them. That's emotion clouding judgement, morals even.

And society will accept it as normal, it's already shifting that way so your statement that it won't is on the wrong side of the trend graphs.

Liberal government intentionally pits people against each other every day.

Speaking as a Republican and not a liberal, it's not just the liberals.

For example, each Republican was basically forced by social authoritarians to pledged to support and move forward on a United States Constitutional Amendment to ban Same-sex Civil Marriages in this country.

That's just as divisive with the intention to pit people against each other as the stuff the liberals pull.

There are no clean hands from the politicians on this, the both promote divisiveness in an attempt to garner votes from what they perceive as their "base".

>>>>

Their civil union should not be prevented, but that's not what they want. If that's really all they wanted, this could have been put to rest years ago.

Wrong, there are legislators that have proposed blocking civil unions.

Can't have your own facts.

For example, each Republican was basically forced by social authoritarians to pledged to support and move forward on a United States Constitutional Amendment to ban Same-sex Civil Marriages in this country.

That's just as divisive with the intention to pit people against each other as the stuff the liberals pull.

There are no clean hands from the politicians on this, the both promote divisiveness in an attempt to garner votes from what they perceive as their "base".

>>>>

could you flesh out this theory by telling what the democratic party does to devide people?

Wrong, there are legislators that have proposed blocking civil unions.

Can't have your own facts.

it doesnt stop them from doing it

>>>>

could you flesh out this theory by telling what the democratic party does to devide people?

Dont pretend both sides don't do this, it's not a winning case.

Then our tax code needs drastically changed.

I don't disagree with you there, I'd scrap the whole monstrosity and go with a flat tax so that everyone has skin in the game. When the 47% were to actually pay income tax, then they might be interesting in how the government spends our money.

I can give you a million ways people are not 'treated equally under the law', and I am for changing every single one of them so that everybody is treated equally. That means equal taxation, equal service, equal entitlements, and on and on I could go. So if we want to open that bag of tricks, that's fine with me. ;)

The requirement isn't that everyone be treated equally, the requirement is equal treatment unless the government can demonstrate a compelling government interest as to why such unequal treatment is justified. The first amendment then provides that if the the government is treating people unequally that they can then bring grievance against the government to force them to justify such treatment between like situated groups.

To date there has been no compelling interest for treating like situated couples differently in terms of Civil Marriage. Those like situated couples being law abiding, tax paying, US Citizen, infertile, non-family, consenting, adults in different-sex couples whose Civil Marriage is recognized by all 50 states and the federal government and law abiding, tax paying, US Citizen, infertile, non-family, consenting, adults in different-sex couples whose Civil Marriage is not recognized by 40 states and the federal government.

>>>>

Forum List

Back