Homelessness. Let me ask you this

Excellent! A few days before Christmas.......and we have a thread to draw out all of the Scrooges! These nutters can't help themselves. They must post in any thread that gives them a chance to piss on poor people.

How many are coming to Christmas at your house? How many have you adopted? What time are you scheduled at the soup kitchen?

Talk's cheap ...

Well.....look at that. I offended a wannabe Ebineezer!

My talk is backed up by my vote.....which goes to those who don't piss on poor people.

Offend me? You ain't capable ....

You talk the talk, but you just can't walk the walk .... I'll be at the Catholic Charities Mission Kitchen on Thursday. Where will you be?

Think of me when you open yet another gift you didn't need in the first place ... better yet, think of the people I'll be serving ... for the 14th straight year.

That's the problem ... libs talk with their mouths. Conservatives talk with their actions. Wanna compare charitable donations over the past 15 years?

The difference between you and me: I don't brag about my charity. I don't need to. My conscience is clear.

I wasn't bragging about mine ... I was exposing YOUR lack of humanity. You did it much better than I ever could have.
You are shouting in the dark to someone you don't know and haven't a clue as to his whereabouts on Christmas Day. And also don't have to worry about proving YOUR whereabouts either. Don't you feel a little silly by now?

How many are coming to Christmas at your house? How many have you adopted? What time are you scheduled at the soup kitchen?

Talk's cheap ...

Well.....look at that. I offended a wannabe Ebineezer!

My talk is backed up by my vote.....which goes to those who don't piss on poor people.

Offend me? You ain't capable ....

You talk the talk, but you just can't walk the walk .... I'll be at the Catholic Charities Mission Kitchen on Thursday. Where will you be?

Think of me when you open yet another gift you didn't need in the first place ... better yet, think of the people I'll be serving ... for the 14th straight year.

That's the problem ... libs talk with their mouths. Conservatives talk with their actions. Wanna compare charitable donations over the past 15 years?

The difference between you and me: I don't brag about my charity. I don't need to. My conscience is clear.

I wasn't bragging about mine ... I was exposing YOUR lack of humanity. You did it much better than I ever could have.
You are shouting in the dark to someone you don't know and haven't a clue as to his whereabouts on Christmas Day. And also don't have to worry about proving YOUR whereabouts either. Don't you feel a little silly by now?

Nope. Don't you?

would it really bother you if we created project-like buildings where people lived for free in a dumpy apartment?

Nope, would not bother me in the least.

We also need more affordable housing for workers. Housing should never cost more than one third of your income. If you are making 8 or 9 bucks an hour bouncing between three different part time jobs just to put food on the table, you can't afford $800 a month rent.

Get a room mate...you think you're special or something?

One of my exes had a roomate. A few actually, in a large house. She rented a room in a college part of town. She wound up nearly going to prison because of it. One of her roomates killed a man in an armed robbery, and it turned out he was also dealing coke out of the house. My ex knew nothing about this since she was working about 80 hours a week. She spent nearly a month in jail as a conspirator before charges against her were finally dropped. She lost all three of her jobs in the process. Police also impounded her car and all of her belongings in the house, and in her private off-premise storage unit. Despite the fact that charges against her were cleared, all of what was taken was forfeit.

Having a roomate is not a solution to low wages and high unemployment.

EDIT to add:

A few years ago, in that same neighborhood. a bunch of students going to Marist College were all killed in a house fire. One of the roomates may have been responsible for the fire, but also, it exceeded the maximum safe occupancy according to the fire Marshal.

would it really bother you if we created project-like buildings where people lived for free in a dumpy apartment?

Nope, would not bother me in the least.

We also need more affordable housing for workers. Housing should never cost more than one third of your income. If you are making 8 or 9 bucks an hour bouncing between three different part time jobs just to put food on the table, you can't afford $800 a month rent.

Get a room mate...you think you're special or something?

One of my exes had a roomate. A few actually, in a large house. She rented a room in a college part of town. She wound up nearly going to prison because of it. One of her roomates killed a man in an armed robbery, and it turned out he was also dealing coke out of the house. My ex knew nothing about this since she was working about 80 hours a week. She spent nearly a month in jail as a conspirator before charges against her were finally dropped. She lost all three of her jobs in the process. Police also impounded her car and all of her belongings in the house, and in her private off-premise storage unit. Despite the fact that charges against her were cleared, all of what was taken was forfeit.

Having a roomate is not a solution to low wages and high unemployment.

EDIT to add:

A few years ago, in that same neighborhood. a bunch of students going to Marist College were all killed in a house fire. One of the roomates may have been responsible for the fire, but also, it exceeded the maximum safe occupancy according to the fire Marshal.

Anecdotal.

>>> My ex knew nothing about this since she was working about 80 hours a week. She spent nearly a month in jail as a conspirator before charges against her were finally dropped. >>>>

so...you have a complaint about our legal system?

Forum List

Back