Homelessness. Let me ask you this

Guess you never heard of roommates huh?

Yes sir, we can be just like the Mexicans. !2 people in a two room apartment. Right skull whatever it takes. That's the new American way. Work 5 MW jobs (if that's what it takes) get food stamps (if that's what it takes) live in your car (if that's what it takes) get HEAP for heat (if that's what it takes).

The new American dream. Whatever it takes to survive.
I though it was more simple. Finish school, then blow your money on drugs, smokes, alcohol and hookers. Then die.

If it were not for roomies, Mr. Gracie and I would be up shit creek. One roomie is a 53 year old caucasian lady and is a caregiver. The other is a 23 year old hispanic and is a electrical mechanic for vehicles. They pay rent and their portion of utilities. I make DAMN sure they are both happy. And they are.

But finding gems like the ones I have is not easy. Gotta do your homework.

Wair a second a poster votes for democrats and high taxes then complains about high rent? Lmao

Excellent! A few days before Christmas.......and we have a thread to draw out all of the Scrooges! These nutters can't help themselves. They must post in any thread that gives them a chance to piss on poor people.

I've known a lot of homeless people, a fair percentage (maybe a quarter) are mentally ill and self medicate with drugs and alcohol. We used to have an adequate mental health system in this country that helped people too far gone to function in society, thank-you Ronald Reagan.

Wair? Wassat?
Cracked screen, wait another thing, it always amazes me at liberals never think ahead, it use to be poor people had only two main worries, food and a roof. Now they have to buy health care before anything else.

Wair? Wassat?
Cracked screen, wait another thing, it always amazes me at liberals never think ahead, it use to be poor people had only two main worries, food and a roof. Now they have to buy health care before anything else.
Yea we all know you live in a fantasy world

That is bullshit. How do you think such stupid things?

Please tell us how much people who can't buy food or rent a place....have to pay for health care under the ACA. You know....poor people. Go ahead.....dazzle us.

You are really not that bright are you the states like Georgia, where some one who makes $8 bucks an hour don't qualify for subsidies and make to much for meda care (spl)

5 million of them last I read to poor for Obama care, google huffpost not your teacher

You are really not that bright are you the states like Georgia, where some one who makes $8 bucks an hour don't qualify for subsidies and make to much for meda care (spl)

Is that the fault of the ACA? Or is it the fault of intransigent state legislatures who decided that scoring points with nutters was more important than having a healthy populace?

Again. I ask....how much are those people going to pay for health care? Let's go.

I how am I supposed to know how much they are going to pay, I think in the last 18 years I paid like $50 bucks on health care, aspirins , bandages, fishing, wire and stuff.

would it really bother you if we created project-like buildings where people lived for free in a dumpy apartment?

Nope, would not bother me in the least.

We also need more affordable housing for workers. Housing should never cost more than one third of your income. If you are making 8 or 9 bucks an hour bouncing between three different part time jobs just to put food on the table, you can't afford $800 a month rent.

Get a room mate...you think you're special or something?

Wair? Wassat?

That is bullshit. How do you think such stupid things?

Please tell us how much people who can't buy food or rent a place....have to pay for health care under the ACA. You know....poor people. Go ahead.....dazzle us.

Of course they dont pay for it...we do.

I blame the poverty pimps on the lack of housing. They make their living keeping people on the streets.

Back in the early 2000's some one in NYC came up with this awesome idea of using retired cruise ships as temporary housing for the homeless with winter approaching.

Sure enough the poverty pimps were out there banging their gongs saying that it would be entirely unacceptable to house people on a cruise ship even temporarily.

Why? Because the poverty pimps need people on the street for their charities.

Their argument was that nothing on the planet would do for the homeless in New York City unless it was inexpensive affordable housing.

Then after the first barrage of assholes screaming that nothing but permanent housing would do, the next round of freaking jerks come along and started their routine that the cruise ship idea was a complete waste of money and that the homeless deserve nothing less than a 3 bedroom home in the suburbs.

And this with winter closing in.

Aye carumba!

Face it. We will never find a solution to homelessness when all these so called do gooders have an agenda not to help those in need but themselves.

Forum List

Back