HOLY BIBLE Batman

Once again, for the slow. The Bible was written by men that were Divinely inspired by God. The words are not their words but those of God. Do a little research and you will discover this is the belief of all the Christian religions.

Written by men who SAID they were inspired by G-d. Whether they were or not is the subject of faith

And if they were divinely inspired, why weren't they inspired to translate the words properly?

Written by men who SAID they were inspired by G-d. Whether they were or not is the subject of faith

And if they were divinely inspired, why weren't they inspired to translate the words properly?

Ya, I will worry what a Jewish person thinks of the Christian Bible. Why is it again you can attack Christian beliefs but if anyone attacks Jewish beliefs they are antisemite? Just curious.

I hafta say.. Jill makes a solid point. All it takes is BELIEF to turn a charlaitain into the next saint. It's not like claiming to be divine is unique. I'll even spare you the jabs at Joseph Smith, RGS... but I think you know how relevant is the comparison.

I hafta say.. Jill makes a solid point. All it takes is BELIEF to turn a charlaitain into the next saint. It's not like claiming to be divine is unique. I'll even spare you the jabs at Joseph Smith, RGS... but I think you know how relevant is the comparison.

Sorry it simply does not wash. Jillian as a Jew has no business claiming Christian religious works are somehow not what they are believed to be. She routinely gets upset when someone points out the same logic against Jewish beliefs. Hell they have crap that is not even claimed to be divine determining how they worship.

As for Joseph Smith, you are EXACTLY right, it IS a matter of FAITH. I have never claimed otherwise, JUST as believing the Bible is Divinely inspired, again a MATTER of FAITH. Of course it doesn't hurt that the Bible SAYS it also.

Jillian has little faith, not even sure why she claims to be Jewish. Why claim to be part of a Religious group if you do not even believe in it and all it stands for?

I'm not the least bit inspired by any religion, let alone have "faith". But RGS makes a lot of sense here, regardless.

Take out all the hocus pocus and drama and you can still find solid words of advice that are true. Faith is not required. They are true whether you believe them or not.

Sorry it simply does not wash. Jillian as a Jew has no business claiming Christian religious works are somehow not what they are believed to be. She routinely gets upset when someone points out the same logic against Jewish beliefs. Hell they have crap that is not even claimed to be divine determining how they worship.

As for Joseph Smith, you are EXACTLY right, it IS a matter of FAITH. I have never claimed otherwise, JUST as believing the Bible is Divinely inspired, again a MATTER of FAITH. Of course it doesn't hurt that the Bible SAYS it also.

Jillian has little faith, not even sure why she claims to be Jewish. Why claim to be part of a Religious group if you do not even believe in it and all it stands for?

well no.. JIllian as a PERSON has every right to point out religious goofiness just like you have the right to do the same with the muslim religion and their goofy 72 virgins.

I mean, shit, Me of all people knows full on what her routine is whan it come to her team jersey but, honestly, is that anything different than how you'd respond if I took a full frontal assault on mormonism?

Because we all know that it's not merely faith that binds her identity with the jewish people. I accept that. But I dont think calling her out on being jewish would keep her from making the same kind of statement about the "divine" truth of the hebrew culture's dogma. If I recall, she's not so much a believer in those myths either.

Take out all the hocus pocus and drama and you can still find solid words of advice that are true. Faith is not required. They are true whether you believe them or not.

I can find the same in Poor Richards Almanac.. but im not trying to worship Ben Franklin and pretend that heaven is a giant printing press in the sky....

Nor are many Christians---there are more than a couple, you know.

really? christians don't take their post-death mythology strait from that wise little book? Im hoping I dont need to explain the point of that statement.

There is a very narrow path to righteousness. What most of you want is a wide path that allows you do to what is convenient and easy. Does not work that way.

Try Matthew 7:13 and 14

“Enter through the narrow gate, because the gate is wide and the way is spacious that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

-Matthew 7:13 King James Bible

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
" Judge not, that ye be not judged."

Also from Matthew, King James Bible

well no.. JIllian as a PERSON has every right to point out religious goofiness just like you have the right to do the same with the muslim religion and their goofy 72 virgins.

I mean, shit, Me of all people knows full on what her routine is whan it come to her team jersey but, honestly, is that anything different than how you'd respond if I took a full frontal assault on mormonism?

Because we all know that it's not merely faith that binds her identity with the jewish people. I accept that. But I dont think calling her out on being jewish would keep her from making the same kind of statement about the "divine" truth of the hebrew culture's dogma. If I recall, she's not so much a believer in those myths either.

What I believe is that the bible is allegory. And it did a very good job controlling the desert society of people one step removed from nomads. I find lessons in it. I believe in a deity. I haven't yet found anything that told me what that deity is. The nearest I have come to finding what resonates for me spiritually more than anything else is kaballah and buddhism.

What I do believe is that the bible was never intended to be read as a history book, though it contains some historical facts. I think that was only encouraged AFTER the Romans got hold of it.

And, yes, if something is divinely inspired, the translations from hebrew to english should be correct.

Example one: I am that I am... There is no such thing as a first person present tense of the verb "to be" in Hebrew. The actual translation is supposed to be "I will be what I will be".... which is actually much more expansive than anything encompassed by "I am that I am", which seems to imply an unchanging entity.

Finally, Judaism has a very different culture than Christianity. The entire means of talmudic study is to question every word and parse its meaning. The whole concept of NOT questioning the words and thinking that they have an absolute meaning is alien to us.

And, RGS, don't presume to analyze my faith.... And I have every right to comment on what I would find credible or not.

Thats exactly what the Bass is saying. The Bible says man cannot serve two masters, Christians cannot support sin and at the same time claim to be of God, so anyone who supports anything that is sinful is not of God and therefore is not Christian. The Bible condemns homosexuality as an abomination and defines marriage as that between a man and woman, no one in their right mind can claim to be a real Christian and ignore this and or pretend this doesn't exists.

So you have never sinned Charlie B?

personally, i don't believe that a divine presence who created the entire existence would need a human to scribe his will for humanity. It's a played out, unprovable claim that worked for Egypt's Pharaohs just as well as it works for any other social construct that relies on faith over verifiable fact.

Actually, God wrote the 10 commandments himself, with his finger.

He doesn't NEED us for anything, that's the point. He chooses to love us, and he loves us despite our many flaws.

Once again, for the slow. The Bible was written by men that were Divinely inspired by God. The words are not their words but those of God. Do a little research and you will discover this is the belief of all the Christian religions.

Ok then these men were divinely inspired....You are still only placing your faith in men by believing what those men claim. And getting back to the topic at the beginning; why did they leave out other books supposedly inspired by God? Seems like God wouldn't like all the editing. I could say my post were inspired by God, but does it really make a difference? Know one even knows who the men were who wrote down the books of the bible so how can you place faith in claims of men who you don't even know the history of? They could have been murderers and rapist for all we know. And by the way a lot of murderers throughout the years claim they did it because God and/or Satan told them to.

Ya, I will worry what a Jewish person thinks of the Christian Bible. Why is it again you can attack Christian beliefs but if anyone attacks Jewish beliefs they are antisemite? Just curious.

Umm why wouldn't you worry what a Jewish person thinks? You sure are worried what a Jewish man will think when he returns to Earth. If it weren't for the Jews you wouldn't even have a religion my friend.

Just in case you didn't catch that......JESUS = JEW, don't call me slow again either.

personally, i don't believe that a divine presence who created the entire existence would need a human to scribe his will for humanity. It's a played out, unprovable claim that worked for Egypt's Pharaohs just as well as it works for any other social construct that relies on faith over verifiable fact.

Divine presence--see---all caught up in the drama. Spirituality is a bit deeper than words.

Forum List

Back