HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst

If it involves saving the lives of Americans who have been affected by a natural disaster...Hell yea!

Do what needs to be done to save people clinging to their roofs and needing evacuation. Worry about the paperwork later

In this case, the paperwork is Federal Law. Can you imagine the howling from the Dems if W had done this?

The simple truth of Katrina is that it was an evolving catastrophe that turned into thousands of personal tradgedies. Many, many hurricanes had hit this coast before and many will do so again.

Nobody knew the magnitude of the problem that was developing and those closest to the problem, the New Orleans law enforcement and government, were far less responsive than they should have been. AWOL might be a good description here.

The LA State level response was equally wanting. The help that we expect our governments to provide was absent.

The Feds made available everything that was needed, but the state refused it either by commission or ommission. When the LA Governor finally asked for help, 30,000 troops were deployed within 24 hours. By any measure, moving that number of people with their equipment and supplies and the materials and provisions to feed and cloth a million other people is a pretty impressive response and cannot possibly be turned on like a light switch.

As with most Liberal attacks, simply pointing at the result which was a catastrophe, does not automatically afix blame to the targeted suspect. In this case, and in every case from the sinking of the Maine to Women's Soccer Team loss in the 2011 World Cup, Liberals blame W. It's a reflex by now. They cannot help themselves.

Oddly, they don't want to blame the Big 0 for anything.

One might suspect an agenda driven, prejudiced bias if one were a tad cynical.

If US Army Helicopters came in to rescue Katrina victims, Democrats would have cheered, just like all Americans

In a crisis, nobody cares if the proper paperwork has been filled out. Bush should have told them he was coming in to help and Louisiana could have tried to stop it. You and everyone else knows they wouldn't

If Bush truly let "They didn't ask me" to be the reason he didn't help Katrina victims....he truly is the worst president in US History

Actually they did. Some dumb ass civilians shot at them.

Bush, incontestably, is the worst Republican president of all time. No comparison in character or ability with Truman makes Bush look even as high third tier with Truman. Bush was one of the greatest disasters this country has ever had to survive.

You're saying that the president should break laws if he thinks he's right even though his actions are illegal? This would explain allot.

If it involves saving the lives of Americans who have been affected by a natural disaster...Hell yea!

Do what needs to be done to save people clinging to their roofs and needing evacuation. Worry about the paperwork later

A good lawyer might convince a jury that your mental condition is due to the inhalation of certain gasses through your stated employment. Major problem would be finding a jury of peers whose attention span might persist through the opening day.

But, hey, go for it!

You're saying that the president should break laws if he thinks he's right even though his actions are illegal? This would explain allot.

A good lawyer might convince a jury that your mental condition is due to the inhalation of certain gasses through your stated employment. Major problem would be finding a jury of peers whose attention span might persist through the opening day.

But, hey, go for it!

Go for it?

Hell yea......I will choose saving peoples lives over making sure the paperwork is correct every time

No partisan polls here:
April 2011
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 53% of Likely U.S. Voters say the nation’s current economic problems are due to the recession which began under the Bush administration. Thirty-nine percent (39%), however, believe Obama's policies are to blame.
Consistent with past findings, 86% of Democrats blame the recession which began under the Bush administration, while 73% of Republicans blame Obama’s policies. Among voters not affiliated with either political party, 52% say the problems started under Bush, while 32% point their finger at Obama.

Most Voters Still Blame Bush Recession for Bad Economy - Rasmussen Reports™

June/July 2011
Update: 49% Blame Bad Economy on Bush's Recession, 44% on Obama's Policies
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters now blame the bad economy on the recession which began under the Bush administration. Forty-four percent (44%) blame the economic problems on Obama's policies. That's the narrowest the blame gap has been since October of last year.

49% Blame Bad Economy on Bush's Recession, 44% on Obama's Policies - Rasmussen Reports™
Bush is down 4% and Obama is up 5%!
Give it a few more months and perhaps they will be tied! :eek:

When are the majority of Americans going to stop bashing Bush?:eusa_pray:

Don't get me wrong Bush blew, but look at the date smokey. That was March 2009, right in the heart of the meltdown. That would of course played into it. They wouldn't blame the Bill Clinton for that one!

And I love when it prefaces with unscientific!

You do know at the time Lincoln was considered the worst President to date!

Go for it?

Hell yea......I will choose saving peoples lives over making sure the paperwork is correct every time

Say, how many Democrats, depressed over the impending rout of their messiah, do you dredge up each day? Have you found mouth-to-mouth works well in "saving" them?

Subject to multiple other threads....

However, I suspect it will be the TeaTards and wingnuts who will be crying themselves to sleep

Patrick, you have had all your posts blown up in your face. Don't like that you and those who believe as you are failures? No one cares.

Patrick, you have had all your posts blown up in your face. Don't like that you and those who believe as you are failures? No one cares.

When leftwing losers like you get bitchslapped over and over, they compensate for it with posts like that above, a sort of hallucinatory invention of an imaginary reality that affirms their miserable existence. :lol:

:lol: Too bad, Patrick. You calling this out is the same as if you are pitching, the batter whacks over the center field fence, and you stomp around the mound yelling, "I struck her out!" :lol:

Go for it?

Say, how many Democrats, depressed over the impending rout of their messiah, do you dredge up each day? Have you found mouth-to-mouth works well in "saving" them?

Subject to multiple other threads....

However, I suspect it will be the TeaTards and wingnuts who will be crying themselves to sleep

I wasn't concerned about suspicions, rather about how you go about "saving" the lives of the currently depressed crop of Democrats you find submerged during the course of your daily toil. Curious, too, about how well mouth-to-mouth is working out for them and for you.

Bush is bad, really bad, and no amount of time is going to rectify the rankings. As his administration documents are declassified in the future, Bush will be fixed only above Buchanan.

I don't think that Buchanans decisions had the worldwide impact that the Bush blunders had. His ineptness in execution Afghanistan/Iraq combined with throwing the world into an economic recession had global implications

I can't believe this is still an argument! With all the corruption that has happened in that position since G. Washington you all still think Bush Jr.'s ignorance should rank that high!?! What about Grant's(who I've already mentioned) Whiskey ring scandal? Hardin's Teapot dome scandal? Nixon's watergate? Reagan's Iran-Contra?
I understand that most of you are present day thinkers but damn, learn a little ! Bush was a moron to the nth degree but his ignorance shouldn't justify him being the worst. As a matter of fact those who voted for him and Cheney(the devil) the 2nd time around should be the ones we criticize...

There is a difference in scope and magnitude between corrupt administrations like Buchanan, Grant, Harding and Nixon and between a presidents whose blundering decisions bring his country into unnecessary wars, advocate torture and human rights violations and lead to a worldwide economic collapse

History will not judge Bush very well and he will be used as an example of poor leadership and extremely poor presidential skills

I don't think that Buchanans decisions had the worldwide impact that the Bush blunders had. His ineptness in execution Afghanistan/Iraq combined with throwing the world into an economic recession had global implications

I can't believe this is still an argument! With all the corruption that has happened in that position since G. Washington you all still think Bush Jr.'s ignorance should rank that high!?! What about Grant's(who I've already mentioned) Whiskey ring scandal? Hardin's Teapot dome scandal? Nixon's watergate? Reagan's Iran-Contra?
I understand that most of you are present day thinkers but damn, learn a little ! Bush was a moron to the nth degree but his ignorance shouldn't justify him being the worst. As a matter of fact those who voted for him and Cheney(the devil) the 2nd time around should be the ones we criticize...

There is a difference in scope and magnitude between corrupt administrations like Buchanan, Grant, Harding and Nixon and between a presidents whose blundering decisions bring his country into unnecessary wars, advocate torture and human rights violations and lead to a worldwide economic collapse

History will not judge Bush very well and he will be used as an example of poor leadership and extremely poor presidential skills

Just so.

I think he was the worst POTUS in my lifetime.

And given the competition for worst since Truman, that's quite an accomplishment, too

In this case, the paperwork is Federal Law. Can you imagine the howling from the Dems if W had done this?

The simple truth of Katrina is that it was an evolving catastrophe that turned into thousands of personal tradgedies. Many, many hurricanes had hit this coast before and many will do so again.

Nobody knew the magnitude of the problem that was developing and those closest to the problem, the New Orleans law enforcement and government, were far less responsive than they should have been. AWOL might be a good description here.

The LA State level response was equally wanting. The help that we expect our governments to provide was absent.

The Feds made available everything that was needed, but the state refused it either by commission or ommission. When the LA Governor finally asked for help, 30,000 troops were deployed within 24 hours. By any measure, moving that number of people with their equipment and supplies and the materials and provisions to feed and cloth a million other people is a pretty impressive response and cannot possibly be turned on like a light switch.

As with most Liberal attacks, simply pointing at the result which was a catastrophe, does not automatically afix blame to the targeted suspect. In this case, and in every case from the sinking of the Maine to Women's Soccer Team loss in the 2011 World Cup, Liberals blame W. It's a reflex by now. They cannot help themselves.

Oddly, they don't want to blame the Big 0 for anything.

One might suspect an agenda driven, prejudiced bias if one were a tad cynical.

If US Army Helicopters came in to rescue Katrina victims, Democrats would have cheered, just like all Americans

In a crisis, nobody cares if the proper paperwork has been filled out. Bush should have told them he was coming in to help and Louisiana could have tried to stop it. You and everyone else knows they wouldn't

If Bush truly let "They didn't ask me" to be the reason he didn't help Katrina victims....he truly is the worst president in US History

You keep ignoring the fact that it didn't take a lot of red tape. All the governor had to do was sign her name, she had the pen in hand, President Bush and Mayor Nagin standing right there, and she chose to wait 24 hours. I believe her reasoning was somthing like wanting to see if it was the right thing to do, or something like that.

You have no problem with that? No criticism?

And to say Dems would be cheering... Sorry, I call bullshit. Bush could have cured cancer, ended world hunger, and made a low fat brownie that tasted good and still not been cheered by Dems and Liberals. If he had broken federal law, the cries of Nazi would have been deafening and only drowned out by the cries for impeachment.

Don't get me wrong Bush blew, but look at the date smokey. That was March 2009, right in the heart of the meltdown. That would of course played into it. They wouldn't blame the Bill Clinton for that one!

And I love when it prefaces with unscientific!

You do know at the time Lincoln was considered the worst President to date!

That's true about Lincoln. And amazing what death will do for a guys popularity. Kennedy was considered mediocre at best and certainly not a shoe in for re-election. That was the whole reason he was in Texas to begin with, trying to build up support for a second term. Now he's on a coin and remembered as American royalty.

Forum List

Back