History Of Gingrich Ethics Violations

He wasn't fined...under house rules, he could not be fined unless he personally benefited, which he didn't.

This is from the left leaning Washington Post in 1998:
The ethics committee once again referred to the penalty as a "$300,000 cost assessment," a term GOP leaders have used to describe the sum Gingrich must pay. They say that ethics rules call for fines in cases in which the violator was seeking "personal financial benefit" and that Gingrich had reaped no financial benefit from his actions.

Washingtonpost.com: Gingrich to Pay Penalty With His Own Money

it was a cost assessment and not a fine, and he wasn't a lobbyist, he gave *strategic advice*.

riiiiiiiiiiiight :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e8iAofnrw"][/ame]

When I go to court, if I lose, I might have to pay court costs, or a fine, or both.

But the court costs are not a fine. They are court costs.

The ethics committee ordered Gingrich to pay for the investigation...he was not fined, as he did not personally benefit.

Is it your contention that the ethics committee was lying?

it is my contention that the ethics committee slathered lipstick on a pig.

if you decide not to recognize the pig, that's your choice.

it was a cost assessment and not a fine, and he wasn't a lobbyist, he gave *strategic advice*.

riiiiiiiiiiiight :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e8iAofnrw

When I go to court, if I lose, I might have to pay court costs, or a fine, or both.

But the court costs are not a fine. They are court costs.

The ethics committee ordered Gingrich to pay for the investigation...he was not fined, as he did not personally benefit.

Is it your contention that the ethics committee was lying?

it is my contention that the ethics committee slathered lipstick on a pig.

if you decide not to recognize the pig, that's your choice.

At least he knew where to store his cigars and didn't get DNA on anybody's blue dress... I like Newt and if I get the opportunity, I'll vote for him but I do wish he had a better set of beer goggles. His choice of women folk leaves me wondering about his judgement sometimes.

If you have been following at home folks.

Newt got charged because it the dems fault
Republicans also charged him because..its the dems fault
The story calls it a fine because...it's the liberals fault
Newt history is bad because...the liberals did it

:thup: keep up that personal responsibility!

The ethics committee...you know, the folks that deliberated the charges...specifically stated that they could NOT fine Gingrich, because he had not personally benefited.

If that FACT doesn't fit your agenda...just treat it the way liberals treat facts...ignore it.

80% of his fellow GOP congresscritters took a somewhat different view.

His own party thought he was wrong. If it was just the ethics thing, I might cut him some slack on it... but it isn't. The man is a slimeball.

again, still waiting for you to tell us who was actually harmed by his "ethics violation".

No one is worried about satisfying your questions, JoeB.

You are a bigot concerning Romney and a fraud concerning Newt.

The ethics committee...you know, the folks that deliberated the charges...specifically stated that they could NOT fine Gingrich, because he had not personally benefited.

If that FACT doesn't fit your agenda...just treat it the way liberals treat facts...ignore it.

80% of his fellow GOP congresscritters took a somewhat different view.

His own party thought he was wrong. If it was just the ethics thing, I might cut him some slack on it... but it isn't. The man is a slimeball.

again, still waiting for you to tell us who was actually harmed by his "ethics violation".

So, it's ok to be unethical, or break your oath of office as long as no one is 'harmed'?

Damn, now I begin to understand you.... you don't care about character - so long as no one is actually harmed. People like you are the reason we have a corrupt system. You make a mockery of ethics, honesty is not a big deal.

You're a twit.

If the GOP put up Gingrich, yea.... I might vote for Obama. I don't want an 'angel', but an honest man would be good. I like honesty.... I know that puts me slightly off kilter with both sides of the political spectrum, but that's ok. You are welcome to vote for a lying, cheating, amoral, self serving corrupt, childish twit. Just don't ask me to.

What I want is to get that Marxist thug out of office and replace him with someone who isn't going to destroy America. I don't care if he beat up his grandmother every day, so long as he pushes the correct agenda.

bripat is simply a thug, not one I want who has the guy he wants in office. Obama is no more a marxist than bripat is a storm trooper, though he sounds like one.

bripat is a jackass.

Forum List

Back