Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

French analyst Philippe Karsenty: “Even the Nazis didn’t dare to destroy Notre Dame, and for the past year we have had churches desecrated each and every week across France”

well will be a bit more than that now.

this is sad to think how much history is lost today because of all this. not just the building, but everything inside they could not get out in time.

All the woodwork is pretty much gone - which is most of ceiling and interior.
someone said the firemen has switched to saving as much of the paintings/artifacts as they can at this point.

Yeah, good luck with that. Given that the walls have burned, I doubt much art can be saved.
Well, unlike the claim that they are doing nothing and just letting it burn, they are trying....and not all artwork is/was wall paintings. It isn't the Sistine Chapel.

Blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzz

The politicians are already spinning that the delay was due to rush hour congestion. In Realityland, they failed in their duty to combat the fire. So now the excuses will flow.
Well, it may have been "rush hour." But how could civil service types have approved any reconstruction without precautions. I mean there IS a ready source of water, and pumps aren't hard to come by. A failure for "the ages"

Personally, I thought it over rated among Paris touristey sites, and we'll always have the Disney movie. (-:

I just heard all the Cardinals of Paris are buried in the bottom of the Cathedral.

The loss of La Cathedral de Norte Dame is a world tragedy. The art, history, and architecture that will be/has been lost cannot be measured. It can be rebuilt but it will never replace what has been lost.

My deepest sympathies to the people of France, Catholics, and lovers of art, history, and architecture around the world.

+1,000,000

All the woodwork is pretty much gone - which is most of ceiling and interior.
someone said the firemen has switched to saving as much of the paintings/artifacts as they can at this point.

Yeah, good luck with that. Given that the walls have burned, I doubt much art can be saved.
Well, unlike the claim that they are doing nothing and just letting it burn, they are trying....and not all artwork is/was wall paintings. It isn't the Sistine Chapel.

The politicians are already spinning that the delay was due to rush hour congestion. In Realityland, they failed in their duty to combat the fire. So now the excuses will flow.
Well, it may have been "rush hour." But how could civil service types have approved any reconstruction without precautions. I mean there IS a ready source of water, and pumps aren't hard to come by. A failure for "the ages"

Personally, I thought it over rated among Paris touristey sites, and we'll always have the Disney movie. (-:

It's a rather dramatic and emblematic failure of our governing elites. They spend time and resources on nonsense (climate change, social engineering), and fail in their basic responsibilities of public and national safety.

And personally, I love Notre Dame and am horrified at what has happened to it.

i have HOPES but No Fears BFlag .
You hope terrorists successfully pulled off an attack, piss? Damn.
Some actually THINK while other go thru life with blinders, ignoring the obvious.
------------------------------------ Christian Easter Week , i'd bet 10 bucks i know how the fire started . The way this Historic building fire is being reported this is a pretty significant event and i'm also sure that there is lots of cheering going on in certain areas of the world and probably in France by certain groups . And as i said earlier , i don't trust the media , governments , officials to report the facts . Heck , just about every terrorist event the claim is made that the perpetrator was off kilter , off his meds and upset . Anyway , lets see what happens .

French fire chiefs have just announced that they're "not sure if the fire can be stopped".

That's quite an understatement.

It's a rather dramatic and emblematic failure of our governing elites. They spend time and resources on nonsense (climate change, social engineering), and fail in their basic responsibilities of public and national safety.

And personally, I love Notre Dame and am horrified at what has happened to it.
i was born and raised roman catholic. however, over 1/2 my life ago i gave up religion for lent and it's never meant the same to me. that said, this hurts from a mankind history perspective overall. the loss people feel who do have ties to this is unfathomable at times.

It is still burning, but the worst has occurred. The damage is inestimable. A monument to human creativity unexcelled anywhere is in ruins.

Forum List

Back