Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

"Trump says ‘to be honest’ the Notre Dame fire ‘puts a damper’ on fun presidential events"

"I just went next door to our own beloved Cathedral, Saint Patrick’s, to ask the intercession of Notre Dame, our Lady, for the Cathedral at the heart of Paris, and of civilization, now in flames! God preserve this splendid house of prayer, and protect those battling the blaze." - Cardinal Dolan

This is so sad. I have visited (and even attended Mass) at Notre Dame quite a few times. It's such a beautiful place - quite a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual. Quite devastating to see it destroyed.

It is an incredible, irreplaceable peace of architecture .... absolutely irreplaceable. I visited it once and it was, as you say, "a testament to human achievement and powerfully spiritual"...

Such a tragedy....Police are treating it as an accident at this point.
I believe that the Yellow vest protesters has started it. MSM has been censoring the protest. And so I believe that this is their way that the protesters want the international community to know what is going on in France. To put them on the map.

French News Channel Caught Doctoring & Changing Sign Of Yellow Vest Protester

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190113/nothing-but-lies-yellow-vests-reveal-why-they-dont-believe-the-media

You’d love that wouldn’t you. Sick.

Paris goes up in flames as the Eiffel Tower is shrouded by a pall of black smoke | Daily Mail Online

FIREMAN: Chief we just got a emergency call, the Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire, should I send all our TRUCKS??

FIRE CHIEF: No, not yet. First - somebody get on Twitter and check Donald Trump's Twitter feed, he may have the answer, but be quick with it, there isn't much TIME!!!

I have worked in old buildings like this before and fire safety is taught before you even step into the structure...inspections are performed daily to prevent stuff like this.....old buildings are a tinder box....if it wasn't an accident we may never know it....

"Macron will go down in history as the man who led France as Notre Dame burned" - Posobiec

The Paris firefighters are still valiantly working to save what they can of Notre Dame....not standing around letting it burn.

They didn't show up for 2 hours. I've been watching the news - no water until after the fire had been burning for 2 hours. This is beyond incompetent - and their efforts now are far too little far too late.

I don't think we know everything they've been doing...jmo

"My heart goes out to Paris. Notre Dame is a symbol of our ability as human beings to unite for a higher purpose—to build breathtaking spaces for worship that no one person could have built on their own. I wish France strength and shared purpose as they grieve and rebuild." - Hillary

Trump, take notes!

Award to first loony liberal who blames disastrous Notre Dame fire on Trump.

WHO IS BLAMING TRUMP? He is a POS...but no arsonist...
He's an internationally renown fire fighting expert.
fire-dumbass-drumpf.png

This is very sad. I hate to see historical landmarks destroyed. That building was 850 years old.

this is a loss for all the world not just france, this is a loss for human history not just french history

One spokesman said that there were reports that this was no accident. Shep Smith shut that down right away.
I've pretty much had enough of Shep Smith...Fox news turns into CNN for an hour every day....
The French official started to claim the fire was set on purpose Smith immediately cut him off.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Omar and her muslim friend's office. Do they drink champagne?
I wonder how many muslims are crying tears of grief today?

They say renovations were under way.
well will be a bit more than that now.

this is sad to think how much history is lost today because of all this. not just the building, but everything inside they could not get out in time.

All the woodwork is pretty much gone - which is most of ceiling and interior.
someone said the firemen has switched to saving as much of the paintings/artifacts as they can at this point.

Yeah, good luck with that. Given that the walls have burned, I doubt much art can be saved.
Well, unlike the claim that they are doing nothing and just letting it burn, they are trying....and not all artwork is/was wall paintings. It isn't the Sistine Chapel.

One spokesman said that there were reports that this was no accident. Shep Smith shut that down right away.
I've pretty much had enough of Shep Smith...Fox news turns into CNN for an hour every day....
The French official started to claim the fire was set on purpose Smith immediately cut him off.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Omar and her muslim friend's office. Do they drink champagne?
I wonder how many muslims are crying tears of grief today?

I heard the exchange between the official and Shep Smith. Shep was perfectly correct in shutting down speculation.

Forum List

Back