Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

They're just letting it burn. They haven't even tried to save it.

I can't believe it.
Oh? No one is fighting the fire? You standing with that?
It took firefighters two hours to get there!

Yep. That is an epic fail right there. Most of it had been torched by the time they showed up with fire fighting equipment. Some first responders showed up earlier on site, but stood around watching due to lack of equipment.
I haven’t been there but they said it sits on an island! Is that true?

The next person to troll and attempt to derail this thread with anti-Muslim bullshit is getting infracted and thread banned
Neil Cavuto just cut a phone in guest off when he tried to relate the anti Christian activities going on in Paris! So it’s worth keeping an open mind don’t you think?
We never got an answer on Las Vegas. European news is censored and it will be how much news we will get.
determined by the French government. If Islamists are behind it we may never know.

"Notre Dame has just begun a €150m restoration when tonight’s fire broke out, after much squabbling between church and state over who would fit the bill."

I can't believe it.

Yep. That is an epic fail right there. Most of it had been torched by the time they showed up with fire fighting equipment. Some first responders showed up earlier on site, but stood around watching due to lack of equipment.

Yes. There are two islands (on the Seine) in the heart of Paris. Notre Dame is on the one called Île de la Cité. The other is Île Saint-Louis.

"Notre Dame has just begun a €150m restoration when tonight’s fire broke out, after much squabbling between church and state over who would fit the bill."
It was reported that the money for restoration had all been raised. Money was not an issue!

Gas tanks and documents in Arabic were found in an unmarked car next to Notre Dame cathedral, sparking fresh terror fears and at least four arrests, according to French reports.

Daily Telegraph.

It was reported that the money for restoration had all been raised. Money was not an issue!

In any case, that's an orthogonal issue. The funds for renovation have nothing to do with the inadequate public safety response to the fire.

Fire breaks out at historic Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris | Daily Mail Online

What a beautiful old building!

12307278-6925015-Enormous_plumes_of_smoke_were_seen_rising_from_the_Cathedral_as_-m-11_1555348390235.jpg

D4NeCrmWsAAePPI.jpg
It's a crying shame and a loss for the entire world. I'm thankful that I got to see it for myself. I hope they are able to save some of the incredible stained glass. It looks like some of it had been removed for the restoration work that was under way.
They're saying it took two hours for firemen to get to work on it. Hopefully that's not true as there is no viable excuse for that much delay. Not even for the French.

So it DOES go on and even tards admit it
I put in a link about it. Churches are under attack in France.
I know. The tards insist we ignore the reality of events in Europe. We dont know in THIS case but speculation isnt baseless.
------------------------------------- SPECULATION based on past experience , observation and past events is the way i approach things and i think its the correct way to go . ' WHO ' is it that destroys 'budhist statues' carved in a mountain or cliff , think it was in 'afghanistan' or other zhithole and they destroy the Statues with Artillery just for grins eh ??

I can't believe it.

Yes. You can take a boat trip round there.

I know. The tards insist we ignore the reality of events in Europe. We dont know in THIS case but speculation isnt baseless.
Yes. I'm not claiming that Notre Dame was intentionally destroyed. No one can know that at this point.

What I am saying is France is suffering from a recent spate of vandalism. Macron's France: Average of Three Church Attacks Per Day

In fact over thousands of cases of arson, vandalism and destruction in the last few years to religious targets such as churches and cemeteries.

Something sinister and evil is loose in France. If there can be said that something good has come out of the Notre Dame
fire perhaps this will finally get the attention of the international news media and some rocks will start being turned over.
---------------------------------------------are they Christian Church's ?? And why is it VANDALISM rather than terrorism eh ?? [average of 3 church attacks everyday] Sounds like terrorism to me .

It is still burning, but the worst has occurred. The damage is inestimable. A monument to human creativity unexcelled anywhere is in ruins.

I is confused-----it BURNED down? That is not the result of an unquenched cigarette---do they suspect ARSON?
--------------------------------- probably won't report Arson if they do suspect Rosie .

I'm just devastated. This is such a relic of Western Civilization - I can't believe it is burning up.

View attachment 256007
That's what I call a rose window. Holy crow. If I were there, I'd never be able to focus on the sermon. Too much pretty stuff to look at.

That is what it's called. There were three (north, south and west). They were stunning in person.

Last edited:
Yeah, good luck with that. Given that the walls have burned, I doubt much art can be saved.
Well, unlike the claim that they are doing nothing and just letting it burn, they are trying....and not all artwork is/was wall paintings. It isn't the Sistine Chapel.

Blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzz

The politicians are already spinning that the delay was due to rush hour congestion. In Realityland, they failed in their duty to combat the fire. So now the excuses will flow.
And how did they fail in their duty to combat the fire? Tell us all what should and could have been done. We're listening to your expert advise.

It's been destroyed. That's pretty much an epic failure.
Still waiting for you to tell us what should and could have been done.....as opposed to you just criticizing those firefighters doing their best from the safety of your keyboard....

Simple: Show up much earlier with proper equipment. It's clear they didn't even have a plan on how to address such a fire.

Forum List

Back