Historic Notre-Dame cathedral on fire

OMG Such a huge piece of French history.

Doesn't look good. Sure hope it wasn't the death cult that set the fire.

They say renovations were under way.
well will be a bit more than that now.

this is sad to think how much history is lost today because of all this. not just the building, but everything inside they could not get out in time.

All the woodwork is pretty much gone - which is most of ceiling and interior.
someone said the firemen has switched to saving as much of the paintings/artifacts as they can at this point.

Yeah, good luck with that. Given that the walls have burned, I doubt much art can be saved.
Well, unlike the claim that they are doing nothing and just letting it burn, they are trying....and not all artwork is/was wall paintings. It isn't the Sistine Chapel.

Blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzz

The politicians are already spinning that the delay was due to rush hour congestion. In Realityland, they failed in their duty to combat the fire. So now the excuses will flow.

"My heart goes out to Paris. Notre Dame is a symbol of our ability as human beings to unite for a higher purpose—to build breathtaking spaces for worship that no one person could have built on their own. I wish France strength and shared purpose as they grieve and rebuild." - Hillary

Trump, take notes!
I think he was too busy making it about him.

"I just went next door to our own beloved Cathedral, Saint Patrick’s, to ask the intercession of Notre Dame, our Lady, for the Cathedral at the heart of Paris, and of civilization, now in flames! God preserve this splendid house of prayer, and protect those battling the blaze." - Cardinal Dolan
God's not listening.

"Good news: all the works of art were saved. The treasure of the Cathedral is intact, the Crown of thorns, the Holy sacraments. #NOTRE_DAME" - Marine Le Pen

The loss of La Cathedral de Norte Dame is a world tragedy. The art, history, and architecture that will be/has been lost cannot be measured. It can be rebuilt but it will never replace what has been lost.

My deepest sympathies to the people of France, Catholics, and lovers of art, history, and architecture around the world.

All the woodwork is pretty much gone - which is most of ceiling and interior.
someone said the firemen has switched to saving as much of the paintings/artifacts as they can at this point.

Yeah, good luck with that. Given that the walls have burned, I doubt much art can be saved.
Well, unlike the claim that they are doing nothing and just letting it burn, they are trying....and not all artwork is/was wall paintings. It isn't the Sistine Chapel.

Blah blah blah so sleepy....zzzzzz

The politicians are already spinning that the delay was due to rush hour congestion. In Realityland, they failed in their duty to combat the fire. So now the excuses will flow.
And how did they fail in their duty to combat the fire? Tell us all what should and could have been done. We're listening to your expert advise.

It's been destroyed. That's pretty much an epic failure.

I've completely many rehab and several historic rehabilitation and this is, well, unusual out in six sigma territory for this to happen on this scale

It's impossible to renovate - so much of it was hand-artisan work from centuries ago. Nobody does that type of work today.

"Everything is burning, nothing will remain from the frame," Notre Dame spokesman Andre Finot told French media. The 12th-century cathedral is home to incalculable works of art and is one of the world's most famous tourist attractions

Mgr Michel Aupetit, the archbishop of Paris, tweets, "The firefighters are still fighting to save the towers of Notre-Dame of Paris. The frame, the roof and the spire are consumed."

One spokesman said that there were reports that this was no accident. Shep Smith shut that down right away.
I've pretty much had enough of Shep Smith...Fox news turns into CNN for an hour every day....
The French official started to claim the fire was set on purpose Smith immediately cut him off.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Omar and her muslim friend's office. Do they drink champagne?
I wonder how many muslims are crying tears of grief today?
------------------------------------------ yep , i heard that 'sheepherd' miumbling . 'sheepherd' would not allow the guys info to be heard . 'sheepherd' is a censor

Forum List

Back