Hi - just joined.

Britfire54

Conservative & Proud
Feb 17, 2013
Wales
Hello. Just a quick post to announce my arrival here. I've just registered, and I'm sure I'll become increasingly active here in the weeks ahead.

'Me', in a nutshell, well, I'm British, strongly Conservative, and VERY supportive of the War on Terror. I advocate a zero tolerance policy to anything to do with terrorism, as I'm sure my posts will make clear in due course.

Good to be here !

Welcome!

What is your perspective on the European Union? Should Britain stay with the pound sterling?

Hello. Just a quick post to announce my arrival here. I've just registered, and I'm sure I'll become increasingly active here in the weeks ahead.

'Me', in a nutshell, well, I'm British, strongly Conservative, and VERY supportive of the War on Terror. I advocate a zero tolerance policy to anything to do with terrorism, as I'm sure my posts will make clear in due course.

Good to be here !
Welcome to USMB, Britfire54. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

How long have you actually lived in the UK, Britfire?

Welcome.

Hi, and thanks for the welcome. The answer to your question is .. all of my life !

I'm British by birth ... born in north London, moved to Wales a handful of years ago.

Good to be here !
Welcome to USMB, Britfire54. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

Appreciated, and thanks.

Welcome!

What is your perspective on the European Union? Should Britain stay with the pound sterling?

Thanks for the welcome.

My perspective closely resembles that of UKIP ... I see the EU as a control-freak's paradise, an entity determined to create a European SuperState to the total cost of the national identities of each Member State. I want the UK to free itself of the EU as soon as possible.

Certainly, the pound sterling should stay, and not even the most extreme of Left-wingers would argue otherwise (for the forseeable future, anyway, though some might want eventual Euro integration). For myself .. if we DO remain in the EU, the lesson taught by Greece .. and other increasingly faltering economies .. point to the stupidity of ever considering currency integration.

But hopefully, we'll be free of the EU after a few more years. IF the Conservatives win the next election, we should be getting a referendum on whether or not to stay in the EU. I'd be surprised if a 'YES' vote was the outcome.

Forum List

Back