Hi guys, my name is deacy, i'm new to this.

deacy

Rookie
Aug 24, 2014
I have joined because i have been researching what is going on around the world and i have been trying to raise awareness about many issues via social media , i am so frustrated with the lack of interest in current affairs,recent history and what i believe presents the biggest danger to humanity, apathy and brain-washing by the media. you are probably laughing at me because i tried to use social media and you are right but i have seen many inspirational methods for raising awareness of social issues and fund-raising for amazing causes, that i thought if i sifted through all the disinformation and did my research and posted what i believe to be balanced and truthful, i would reach people. surprise ! it hasn't worked. i am Irish , i am fifty years old and have witnessed the destruction and horror of civil war but also what can be achieved through dialog, we are not out of the woods yet but what has been achieved here in Ireland is nothing short of a miracle, if you have read this far, thank you,kind regards deacy

Hello Deacy.

I sympathise strongly with what you say, and yes, by telling 'the truth' you are doomed to failure, as so many have learned that telling lies is much faster, more satisfying and takes less work. Ignorance really IS bliss and feigning knowledge is the way forward for the 'ignorant with ambition'.
I could point out some wonderful examples here - but will not spoil the surprise. :)

Ireland has surprised so many, and oddly, if we are credulous of why the relative peace came about, it was ironically because of a 'white lie' told by an agent playing off both sides, by sending a false message 'from' the republican side to the British government.

Still, the will for peace was there. Well done to all involved.

Best of luck in your continuing efforts and research. Do remember that really good visionaries get nailed to a tree.

Facebook is for family and friends contact. I don't engage in debate as a rule on FB. I showed up on message boards thinking you can change the world too. Not going to happen here either, but you may find comrades and a few in opposition you can talk to. Don't get discouraged just say what you have to say and visit the Coffee Shop to enjoy people.

I have joined because i have been researching what is going on around the world and i have been trying to raise awareness about many issues via social media , i am so frustrated with the lack of interest in current affairs,recent history and what i believe presents the biggest danger to humanity, apathy and brain-washing by the media. you are probably laughing at me because i tried to use social media and you are right but i have seen many inspirational methods for raising awareness of social issues and fund-raising for amazing causes, that i thought if i sifted through all the disinformation and did my research and posted what i believe to be balanced and truthful, i would reach people. surprise ! it hasn't worked. i am Irish , i am fifty years old and have witnessed the destruction and horror of civil war but also what can be achieved through dialog, we are not out of the woods yet but what has been achieved here in Ireland is nothing short of a miracle, if you have read this far, thank you,kind regards deacy

Nice to meet you! Hope you stay around and post. You mention that you are Irish . . . are you living in Ireland? It's always interesting to talk with people from other countries. :smile:

Are you part of the gun running crew that shot up the Sons of Anarchy? :terror:

Forum List

Back