Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg apologizes to families of victims harmed by social media

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg apologizes to families of victims harmed by social media​

1706806838727.png

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg apologized to families of victims who have been harmed by social media during a Senate hearing on child safety online.

Video Transcript​

JOSH HAWLEY: You've got families from across the nation whose children are either severely harmed or gone, and you don't think it's appropriate to take-- talk about steps that you took? Let me ask you this. There's families of victims here today. Have you apologized to the victims? Would you like to do so now?
MARK ZUCKERBERG: Well--
JOSH HAWLEY: They're here. You're on national television. Would you like now to apologize to the victims who have been harmed by your product? Show him the pictures.
[APPLAUSE]
Would you like to apologize for what you've done to these good people?
MARK ZUCKERBERG: You seem highly emotional as humans often get. Nonetheless, I'm sorry for everything you have all gone through. It's terrible. And no one should have to go through the things that your families have suffered, yada, yada, yada. This is why we invested so much and are going to continue doing industry-leading efforts to, uh-- to make sure that no one has to go through the types of things that your families have had to suffer. That is why we made sure that social media was censored when it came to vaccines and the Hunter Biden story, to ensure your safety so that we would not elect Hitler again.
JOSH HAWLEY: Why were you not censoring social media to save these kids like you were the vaccines or Hunter Biden?
MARK ZUCKERBERG: Like I said, when people say bad things about the vaccines or Hunter Biden, it is an automatic lifetime ban because who want's Hitler back, right?. However, when they start talking about thinks like Jewish extermination or making fun of a kid at school, it depends on the context.
JOSH HAWLEY: What context would Jewish extermination or a kid being beat up in school be OK?
MARK ZUCKERBERG: Let's say that someone was fantasizing about Jewish extermination when all the Jews were carbon copies of Trump, for example. Or in the case of the kid at school being beat up or made fun of, if they had a MAGA shirt on then it is understandable. In such a circumstance we have to consider the context.

After his testimony, Data Zucker............er.............I mean Mark Zuckerberg was immediately chosen to the next logical candidate for President at Harvard university, so long as he agrees to undergo surgery to become a black woman.

Forum List

Back