Hey Steelers???

The ref's got to call them both ways or don't call them at all. Let the players play. The NFL has the worse ref's. The problem is never addressed. Every year, I watch more College Football games and less NFL games these days. The NFL is becoming a joke.

dmp said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

This guy nails it.

Worst part is, I'm a Roethisburger Fan...even if I can't spell his name. Since day one I thought he's the real deal. Just wish he would have actually had to EARN his SB title. :(

Oh make no mistake, he earned it. They had to win 3 hard road games to get there including one that they tried to take away from them in Indy. Just a shame that they never address the ref situtaion with all the billions of dollars they are making. Sure its a tough job. But god damn it do it right.

In case you missed it - this officiating crew was the same crew who called the bullshit TD for Testaverde

tb_9910EFTVAA.jpg

The cut block call on Roethisberger was a joke too. The officiating was just pathetic. The PI call was a result of the DB getting faked out of his shorts. The announcers even said there wasn't going to be a call on the play unil the DB started screaming at the ref.

Then the Pittsburg TD at the goal line. The refs could have easily called a no-TD and reviewed the tape. But by calling it a TD (possilby because all the Pitts players were signaling such; even though the Seattle players were signalling "no"), there had to be enough evidence to over-rule. If not the TD stands.

Had they said no-TD, then there would have to be enough video evidence to overturn that call - which there wasn't.

But by calling a TD, they basically ended the challenge before it started.

Not saying they were giving plays to Pittsburgh but..come on ..this is the Superbowl.

They should be better than that.

Dan said:
That was not at all where they called the TD, the ball passed the plane a few seconds before he hit the ground.

Umm... it'd be nice if you weren't smokin' dope..

Ken Schram Commentary: Steelers Get Ring, We Get The Finger

February 6, 2006
By Ken Schram

SEATTLE - A few of my colleagues here in the KOMO 4 newsroom have proclaimed that I'm a sore loser.

Not withstanding the fact that they're 'Stealer' fans, they're right.

The way I figure it, Sunday's Super Bowl score should have been 21-14, Seahawks.

That's what it would have been except for the 'Stealers' ' secret weapon: The officials.

I sure hope someone is checking referee Bill Leavy's bank account today.

The way he called the game Sunday, I'm surprised that when it was all over, he didn't run up to the camera to exclaim: "I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD, 'CAUSE NOW I OWN IT!"

The Seahawks would have been better off if Stevie Wonder had been given a striped shirt and whistle so that he could call the game, leaving Bill Leavy to sing "My Cherie Amore."

Sour grapes?

You know it.

Sure, mistakes made by the Seahawks kept them from scoring more, but the unbelievably bad calls from Bill Leavy and crew stole away all the points that were needed to win.

The 'Stealers' say they wanted one more win"...for the thumb."

In the process, the Seahawks just got the finger.

So, when those folks I work with call me a sore loser, the only retort I have for them is: Damn Right!

By the way, if you want to make your thoughts known to the NFL, you can write to them at:

National Football League
280 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

http://www.komotv.com/stories/41713.htm

Umm... it'd be nice if you weren't smokin' dope..

Says you... From where I'm sitting, it's pretty nice. And funny and colorful. Maaaaaaan. :cool:

Doesn't matter. Even if they call that third down, the Bus punches it in on 4th down.

What he said. Not that Bettis did anything much in this game outside of constantly remind people he was from Detroit.

Really, I think people are losing sight of the fact that for the last half of the third quarter and all of the fourth, the Seahawks played like crap, regardless of the bad calls.

The ClayTaurus said:
Doesn't matter. Even if they call that third down, the Bus punches it in on 4th down.

Right - That TD doesn't bother me. What bothers me is a Bullshit "Offensive Pass Inter. Call" which stole 7 points, and another bullshit 'holding' call which moved the ball from the Steelers' 1 or 2 yard line, back to the 35? 40? Never mind the too-often "What? Seattle made a great play? Let's throw a flag then FIND a penalty" :(

24 - 24 is how it 'shoulda' been. Likley 27-24 Seattle, as we had the ball down to the Steeler 6 before a 'nit-picky' holding call.

:(

I hear $10,000 buys a LOT of umpire in Detroit.

dmp said:
Right - That TD doesn't bother me. What bothers me is a Bullshit "Offensive Pass Inter. Call" which stole 7 points, and another bullshit 'holding' call which moved the ball from the Steelers' 1 or 2 yard line, back to the 35? 40? Never mind the too-often "What? Seattle made a great play? Let's throw a flag then FIND a penalty" :(

24 - 24 is how it 'shoulda' been. Likley 27-24 Seattle, as we had the ball down to the Steeler 6 before a 'nit-picky' holding call.

:(

I hear $10,000 buys a LOT of umpire in Detroit.

Speak of the devil----sorry dude.

Forum List

Back